Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

.com.mx Newbie Advice

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

phase111

Account Suspended
Impact
4
Hi all, Im a newbie to domains and have bought a couple .com.mx domains in spanish (though after reading a few posts, am trying to now find same meaning single words in spanish/portuguese. Am I better to buy spanish words or english words for this extension because I realise it is set up for internet users outside mexico. Also, any other advice of Mexico domains (Im in this for the long haul as I see it (10+ years) until it becomes developed much more as a net saavy country. Also, would good names be easy to monetise if parked you think? Cheers.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
bumpity bump bump...is this a bit too much of a technical question domain pros, lol?
 
0
•••
depends on who your end users will be
 
0
•••
Thanks for teh reply...

Im thinking to have them parked with advertising, maybee hrough Sedo, is that a good place to start for a newb? I guess my question is, for a .com.mx, would I get as many spanish visitors as english (typing) visitors?

If this was just .mx, I would be buying up mainly Spanish/Potuguese word domains, should I still do this being .com.mx do you think for parking?
 
0
•••
Register Spanish keywords (preferably).
Why do you want to register Portuguese keywords ? They don't speak Portuguese in Mexico AFAIK.
 
0
•••
Haha yes, you're right

Ive been also interested in Brazil domains and got a little confused, lol. Many Spanish words are the same in Portuguese and Ive been trying to get some of those to cover bases.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back