IT.COM

.biz Acquistion of a name that fits the .biz ext

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I''m on my way in acquiring a name similar inline to blog.biz, diary.biz, log.biz etc. Would it be practical, or worth it to spend low $xxxx to acquire a name similar to the ones above? Does it fit the extension .biz well, in your opinion?

I'm thinking of it as a business blog, business diary or business log. Is it worth getting? Or developing after that? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lyndonmaxewell said:
I''m on my way in acquiring a name similar inline to blog.biz, diary.biz, log.biz etc. Would it be practical, or worth it to spend low $xxxx to acquire a name similar to the ones above? Does it fit the extension .biz well, in your opinion?

I'm thinking of it as a business blog, business diary or business log. Is it worth getting? Or developing after that? Thanks.

To be honest, I would not spend xxxx on a .biz, UNLESS it's a super keyword.

To check, go to Google Adwords Keyword Tool and check the EXACT search volume for your proposed keyword (when you first bring up the list, you will need to select "EXACT" from the drop down menu).

Also go to Estibot for CPC information (don't worry too much about domain "worth"; just look at the stats for your keyword).

IMO, for a four-figure .biz, this keyword would have to be super sweet.

Why not look for a solid .com for the same price? It's a buyer's market right now, and you will get more value for your buck.

•••
Ms Domainer said:

IMO, for a four-figure .biz, this keyword would have to be super sweet.

Why not look for a solid .com for the same price? It's a buyer's market right now, and you will get more value for your buck.

Firstly, the word I am after is a generic word and it fits the extension.

Secondly, words like blog, diary, log, for the Dot com do not appear in the $x,xxx region at all.

Would you relate say, blog.biz as a business blog? Is it a strong relation, or a no-no?

•••
We track .info sales rather than .biz but I have a few listed for reference. (Therefore you need to check that all of the sales actually completed but most of them should be ok. i.e. non paying high bidders etc)

Code:
$14,764		sport.biz
€6,000 		crm.biz
$2,700		bad.biz
$2,300		virginia.biz
$2,054		finanzinformatik.biz
$2,051		portugal.biz
$1,850		shutters.biz
$1,600		woods.biz
$1,583		americans.biz
$1,100		tele.biz
$1,050		utah.biz
$801		wealth.biz
$725		condos.biz

Generally we've found .biz's tend to sell for a less than the corresponding .info Which may help if you can find a comparable .info sale. Having said that category defining .biz which have meaning for real world businesses tend to get sold to companies rather than in the forums.

•••
I see, thanks for the sales list. So from what I can tell, so long as it is a generic and fits the .biz, low $x,xxx should be worth it.

Any other opinions before I make my plunge? Can't find much help for .biz ext in other threads in my decision making.

•••
•••
Saw it there, but doubt can get much help from the rantings.

•••
I've sold lot more .info and .us domains than .biz, but a couple of recent ones include:

HomeBusiness.biz ($5500)
CountryMusic.biz ($2800)

•••
If the domain is one you really want, and you've eliminated all possible suitable alternatives, then spending low $xxxx for a solid generic .biz is worthwhile - likely the worst you'd do is roughly break even / lose a little, if for some reason it didn't work out and you needed to later sell it.

.BIZ generics, despite not being in the same league as say .COM, still have value, and likely increasingly so in the future.

IMHO, I'd say go for it.

Ron

•••
Binfus said:
I've sold lot more .info and .us domains than .biz, but a couple of recent ones include:

HomeBusiness.biz ($5500)
CountryMusic.biz ($2800)

Couple of nice 2 word sales :)

Saw it there, but doubt can get much help from the rantings.
A lot of people tend to promote/dismiss depending on the names they have.

But buried in the thread is a big list of .biz sales some of which I had not seen reported before which may/may not provide reference values for your name.

The only other thing you can judge an extension on is usage. There are some nice biz sites out there but you need to search for the really big ones. There are a lot of smaller sites quietly doing business.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz is a nice site
http://panasonic.biz/ is very visited

•••
Domagon said:
If the domain is one you really want, and you've eliminated all possible suitable alternatives, then spending low $xxxx for a solid generic .biz is worthwhile - likely the worst you'd do is roughly break even / lose a little, if for some reason it didn't work out and you needed to later sell it.

.BIZ generics, despite not being in the same league as say .COM, still have value, and likely increasingly so in the future.

IMHO, I'd say go for it.

Ron

Tks for the advise. I would weigh things out, and probably go for it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back