Dynadot

marketplace Accelerator.com ending at over 128k on GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jv1999

Hopeless Fighter: Desolate Knight of Exo TowersTop Member
Impact
It's amazing. I have no idea why this is costing so much. I can only believe it's an end user at this point

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231020_155357_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231020_155357_Chrome.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 78
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Likely. It would be hard to justify the price otherwise. It certainly isn't a wholesale price. But it's a one-word domain with scientific connotations, and quite flexible at that, "accelerate your performance," and whatnot.

•••
So it'll probably go through the till at $100 or something ridiculous.

Last edited:
•••
When I stopped watching the auction it was at $145K and still going. I do not know what price it finished at.

Interestingly, today's domain sale report (for yesterday's sales) here on the forum did not include that sale and it is not yet added to Namebio... so I wonder whassup.

This is a fantastic name. Business/startup accelerators are huge markets. Also a stellar name for automotive of any kind, especially racing and performance.

This could easily have been bought by an end user, in which case they got it for an extremely good end user price. This is also a reasonable reseller price - resellers are commonly paying in the low xxx,xxx range for such good names. If bought by a reseller, it is conceivably a high $xxx,xxx name to an end user, even into the low $millions.

We'll know in a few days who got it... whether it is renewed by previous/present owner, or it goes to an investor or end user. It did not seem to follow the usual pattern of the rollback cheaters so I think it was legit bidding.

Last edited:
•••
I quite fancied buying a domain when the right one came along but I just can't trust Godaddy's system to know I'm not just getting shill bidded.

•••
When I stopped watching the auction it was at $145K and still going. I do not know what price it finished at.

Interestingly, today's domain sale report (for yesterday's sales) here on the forum did not include that sale and it is not yet added to Namebio... so I wonder whassup.

This is a fantastic name. Business/startup accelerators are huge markets. Also a stellar name for automotive of any kind, especially racing and performance.

This could easily have been bought by an end user, in which case they got it for an extremely good end user price. This is also a reasonable reseller price - resellers are commonly paying in the low xxx,xxx range for such good names. If bought by a reseller, it is conceivably a high $xxx,xxx name to an end user, even into the low $millions.

We'll know in a few days who got it... whether it is renewed by previous/present owner, or it goes to an investor or end user. It did not seem to follow the usual pattern of the rollback cheaters so I think it was legit bidding.
@Bannen Elliot Silver tweeted (or X-ed) that the auction for Accelerator.com was cancelled and reached out to Godaddy for a comment. We'll have to wait and see what they'll say.

•••
@Bannen Elliot Silver tweeted (or X-ed) that the auction for Accelerator.com was cancelled and reached out to Godaddy for a comment. We'll have to wait and see what they'll say.

Must have been renewed after I posted here lol 😁

Owner probably was like "oh shii it's worth 144k minimum ???" The paid that $80 so fast

•••
323.png

According to namebio it did sell.

•••
•••
@MKA I saw now on Twitter that Elliott was told that the auction is valid and awaiting payment. I'm just happy I'm not participating at Godaddy Auctions. Too many weird things tend to happen there...

•••
Maybe one of the popular bitcoin transaction accelarators bought the domain. Maybe some medical equipment manufacturing company. Lets see untill DNS changes,

BTW, was it a expired auction or member auction?

•••
Maybe one of the popular bitcoin transaction accelarators bought the domain. Maybe some medical equipment manufacturing company. Lets see untill DNS changes,

BTW, was it a expired auction or member auction?
It was expired.

I could see accelerate going for maybe six figs... but not accelerator. But then again im just a noob

•••
Elliot reached out to GoDaddy for clarity 2 days ago... he's still on hold... :xf.laugh:

•••
I could see accelerate going for maybe six figs... but not accelerator. But then again im just a noob
Intuitively I'd say you're on the right track, but it's interesting to compare the two because it's not as clear-cut as one might think.

accelerator.com was registered in 1996-07-11.
accelerate.com was registered in 1997-05-20.

accelerator is registered in 192 TLD:s with 15,073 keyword-matches across SLD:s and TLD:s.
accelerate is registered in 227 TLD:s with 10,815 keyword-matches across SLD:s and TLD:s.

•••
I like accelerator better than accelerate.

•••
I like accelerator better than accelerate.
I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue that accelerator.com is more valuable than accelerate.com. After all, we're comparing a root word with a derivational affix, not to mention that accelerate is a four-syllable word while accelerator is a five-syllable word.

But because of what's listed earlier I am under the impression that I'm missing something here.

If you asked me if an appraisal a week ago, and I knew nothing of these domains I would've said that accelerate.com is worth around worth low-mid six-figures, and accelerator.com is worth mid five-figures (and that's only because the Large Hadron Collider and the branding potential).

•••
I'm pretty sure that 'accelerator' is associated with growing businesses and business investment. That's a good area.

Accelerate.com is worth more. Very nice name.

I don't know, I just like accelerator.

•••
That I'd agree with, "something that accelerates (things)" is the generic reading, and it's great for branding purposes.

Personally I'd have a hard time justifying six-figures for it though. Then again, I'm not an end-user.

•••
I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue that accelerator.com is more valuable than accelerate.com. After all, we're comparing a root word with a derivational affix, not to mention that accelerate is a four-syllable word while accelerator is a five-syllable word.

But because of what's listed earlier I am under the impression that I'm missing something here.

If you asked me if an appraisal a week ago, and I knew nothing of these domains I would've said that accelerate.com is worth around worth low-mid six-figures, and accelerator.com is worth mid five-figures (and that's only because the Large Hadron Collider and the branding potential).
How can you so confidently argue with someone who has been on nP since 2004 😅

•••
I'm pretty sure that 'accelerator' is associated with growing businesses and business investment. That's a good area.

Accelerate.com is worth more. Very nice name.

I don't know, I just like accelerator.
Despite that, I don't think it's worth 150k for retail price... because then you'd have to sell it to a company for at least 200k (given broker fees)....

Seems like not something anyone would risk besides a millionaire.

But HEY GUESS WHAT. those real estate fans on here want us to buy A SINGLE HOUSE for over 200k in hopes that it will sell for... 250k in like 4 years.... so maybe it's not so cray?🥲

•••
But HEY GUESS WHAT. those real estate fans on here want us to buy A SINGLE HOUSE for over 200k in hopes that it will sell for... 250k in like 4 years.... so maybe it's not so cray?🥲
Sounds pretty typical.

•••
This is a huge domain. easily a high 6 fig domain

•••
•••
Winner paid for the domain
1698089965647.png

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back