NameSilo

discuss About .ws extension

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

most123

Established Member
Impact
42
do you think this extension has value?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
.WS (website ha ha) is a good example of what many nTLDs like .XYZ will look like in about five years after several renewal cycles with little resale activity occur.
 
0
•••
.WS (website ha ha) is a good example of what many nTLDs like .XYZ will look like in about five years after several renewal cycles with little resale activity occur.

Уou king of .tv :roll:
 
0
•••
I have kept these over the years. You never know.

National.ws
Hawaiian.ws
Lanai.ws
TheBigIsland.ws
 
0
•••
got the first offering for one of my 4N .ws on 4.cn, mid xx, counter the offer.
 
0
•••
.ws managers are far from smart for excluding all LLL.ws and LL.ws from circulation by making their renewal $500/year and $1000 year.
 
0
•••
I used to like .ws and I was about to lose faith in it just like .biz .co .cc 3L .info
.pw and 4L .net.

I think I've seen a lot of potential in those tlds years ago but it was just too early. I did drop a lit of chips last year.

.ws are still undervalued and I see a lot of sales coming.
 
0
•••
just acquired selling dot ws.
Publish my .ws domain names there (link on my signature)
 
1
•••
I usually buy .ws at Dynadot for $6.75 each (bulk pricing). Normal price is $7.99. Those are for 1st year reg only.

What do you do when renewal comes around?
 
0
•••
I have kept these over the years. You never know.

National.ws
Hawaiian.ws
Lanai.ws
TheBigIsland.ws

Here goes my big prediction :) It's unlikely you will ever sell these. YMMV.
 
0
•••
What do you do when renewal comes around?
I pick the ones that I really like and renew them, for the others I let them expired.
 
0
•••
.ws just dont sell for much, for whatever reason. Huge keywords have only been selling for low $xxx.

Imo, .ws are only worth keeping if you are going to develop them, or you can get rock bottom renewal pricing or transfer fees between registras, to keep the annual costs down. Additionally, they need to be one word ultra premium.
 
0
•••
0
•••
I sold many .ws for mid $xx and several for low $xxx. Keywords was good, but far away from the best ones. I noticed Proxy.ws sold for low $xxx on Flippa recently.

BUT, I just noticed all LLLL.ws chips with ABBB.ws format was taken few days ago! I am happy I secured swww dot ws (palindrome with only two different letters) few weeks ago :)
 
0
•••
I sold many .ws for mid $xx and several for low $xxx. Keywords was good, but far away from the best ones. I noticed Proxy.ws sold for low $xxx on Flippa recently.

BUT, I just noticed all LLLL.ws chips with ABBB.ws format was taken few days ago! I am happy I secured swww dot ws (palindrome with only two different letters) few weeks ago :)

I'll make another prediction. Most will be dropped when it comes to those $20+ renewal fees unless their floor price has reached $20 at that time.
 
0
•••
I'll make another prediction. Most will be dropped when it comes to those $20+ renewal fees unless their floor price has reached $20 at that time.

Well, I deeply believe that Chinese might be interested to take ABBB.ws type of domains for $19 each and that would be 100%+ profit ;)

I planned to take 100+ ABBB.ws just in case and now it is obvious my plan failed :(
 
0
•••
It won't have failed. You can pick them up for regfee next year, if my prediction is correct :)
 
1
•••
It won't have failed. You can pick them up for regfee next year, if my prediction is correct :)
If you knew that WS was going to be accredited in China, would your opinion change?
 
0
•••
0
•••
I just tried check the availability of numeric .ws, but strangely none of them is available. I have tried N, NN, NNN, 4N, 5N, even 6N (like random 045133. ws).
When I check the whois there's a message: The domain name you have queried is currently restricted.
I have tried checking at dynadot and name.com
Does anyone know about this?
Is it some kind of error on the registrar?
 
0
•••
1,2, and 3 character .WS domains are restricted by the registry. You can still register them but at very restrictive prices and renewals. 4 chars are the first available for general registration. There are a few domains registered with 1,2, or 3 chars, but they are very expensive. I think most would argue to not pay these extortionate prices for a cctld which doesn't have much appeal.

3 chars are I believe $500 to register and $500/yr renewals. 2 char are $1000/$1000 IIRC.
 
1
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back