discuss About .ws extension

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

most123

Established Member
Impact
do you think this extension has value?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I used to like .ws and I was about to lose faith in it just like .biz .co .cc 3L .info
.pw and 4L .net.

I think I've seen a lot of potential in those tlds years ago but it was just too early. I did drop a lit of chips last year.

.ws are still undervalued and I see a lot of sales coming.

•••
just acquired selling dot ws.
Publish my .ws domain names there (link on my signature)

•••
I usually buy .ws at Dynadot for $6.75 each (bulk pricing). Normal price is $7.99. Those are for 1st year reg only.

What do you do when renewal comes around?

•••
I have kept these over the years. You never know.

National.ws
Hawaiian.ws
Lanai.ws
TheBigIsland.ws

Here goes my big prediction :) It's unlikely you will ever sell these. YMMV.

•••
What do you do when renewal comes around?
I pick the ones that I really like and renew them, for the others I let them expired.

•••
.ws just dont sell for much, for whatever reason. Huge keywords have only been selling for low $xxx.

Imo, .ws are only worth keeping if you are going to develop them, or you can get rock bottom renewal pricing or transfer fees between registras, to keep the annual costs down. Additionally, they need to be one word ultra premium.

•••
•••
I sold many .ws for mid $xx and several for low $xxx. Keywords was good, but far away from the best ones. I noticed Proxy.ws sold for low $xxx on Flippa recently.

BUT, I just noticed all LLLL.ws chips with ABBB.ws format was taken few days ago! I am happy I secured swww dot ws (palindrome with only two different letters) few weeks ago :)

•••
I sold many .ws for mid $xx and several for low $xxx. Keywords was good, but far away from the best ones. I noticed Proxy.ws sold for low $xxx on Flippa recently.

BUT, I just noticed all LLLL.ws chips with ABBB.ws format was taken few days ago! I am happy I secured swww dot ws (palindrome with only two different letters) few weeks ago :)

I'll make another prediction. Most will be dropped when it comes to those $20+ renewal fees unless their floor price has reached $20 at that time.

•••
I'll make another prediction. Most will be dropped when it comes to those $20+ renewal fees unless their floor price has reached $20 at that time.

Well, I deeply believe that Chinese might be interested to take ABBB.ws type of domains for $19 each and that would be 100%+ profit ;)

I planned to take 100+ ABBB.ws just in case and now it is obvious my plan failed :(

•••
It won't have failed. You can pick them up for regfee next year, if my prediction is correct :)

•••
It won't have failed. You can pick them up for regfee next year, if my prediction is correct :)
If you knew that WS was going to be accredited in China, would your opinion change?

•••
•••
I just tried check the availability of numeric .ws, but strangely none of them is available. I have tried N, NN, NNN, 4N, 5N, even 6N (like random 045133. ws).
When I check the whois there's a message: The domain name you have queried is currently restricted.
I have tried checking at dynadot and name.com
Does anyone know about this?
Is it some kind of error on the registrar?

•••
1,2, and 3 character .WS domains are restricted by the registry. You can still register them but at very restrictive prices and renewals. 4 chars are the first available for general registration. There are a few domains registered with 1,2, or 3 chars, but they are very expensive. I think most would argue to not pay these extortionate prices for a cctld which doesn't have much appeal.

3 chars are I believe $500 to register and $500/yr renewals. 2 char are $1000/$1000 IIRC.

•••
I picked up Today/ws at GD Expiring/Closeout about a month ago. My thinking was that it is such a fundamental word that it might be worth purchasing. And it seems like .ws at some point gained faint traction.

•••
I have vouchers.ws

If anybody is interested in buying it from me, drop me a PM.

•••
I bought refinance.ws for something low $xx on here. Y not I figured...

•••
Most 4-letter are opened back up and available for registration. I'm running a 24-hour promo on NICKED.NET. There are a lot of AAAB-pattern available like:

WWWQ
RRRQ
TTTQ
YYYQ
PPPQ

•••
Most 4-letter are opened back up and available for registration. I'm running a 24-hour promo on NICKED.NET. There are a lot of AAAB-pattern available like:

WWWQ
RRRQ
TTTQ
YYYQ
PPPQ
Did they just open today? They were restricted yesterday.

•••
Did they just open today? They were restricted yesterday.
Yep, like I mentioned they're back open. I see you got a few good ones. Still plenty left.

•••
Anyone buying LL.ws and for how much?

•••
•••
I'll admit it. I'm about to pick up a few great keywords in .ws. I can't help myself.

•••
I have virus.ws domain :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back