Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

discuss About .ws extension

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

most123

Established Member
Impact
42
do you think this extension has value?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
it could have if not for stupid policy to charge 500/yr for LLL and 1000/yr for LL.
You take those off market, the attractiveness of tld goes down.
 
0
•••
thanks what about the one word names?
 
0
•••
it kind of goes hand in hand...
If you won't allow LLL and LL premiums owned, generally you'll be forgotten.
According to Namebio, even bonds.ws, funny.ws, beds.ws, tattoo.ws, apps.ws get only $100-200 range.
That is what greedy ownership does to a project.
The ones with higher sales are obviously obscure names with high traffic sold at GD from expireds.
 
1
•••
up
 
0
•••
Little to no value.
 
0
•••
Ask yourself - if somebody tell you go to my website - coolplacetobuysomething.ws , what do you think about that company?
 
0
•••
it is good as news/reviews hack though

Herearemyne.ws
gotomyrevie.ws

something like that )
 
0
•••
I have a few dozen firstname.ws and word.ws. I've never had any interest in any of them. Renewals are pricey at $20+. I've taken to letting them drop and re-registering them for $8+. I very rarely have any competition in picking them up. Any I lose, I think, well there goes another mug, which could have been me. So I think as of today, they are not an investment vehicle. Maybe someday that will change. Which will probably be after I drop my last .ws domain :( There have been many such scenarios I never saw the true potential until it was too late. I had hundreds of LLLL.com and LLL.net, which I mostly have sold for peanuts. I let all my LLL.net drop.
 
3
•••
In this time of Chinese bubble, does "ws" mean something in Chinese language?
 
1
•••
In this time of Chinese bubble, does "ws" mean something in Chinese language?
WS = 网上 = Wǎngshàng = Online

i.e. DUBO.WS = Gambling Online
 
1
•••
1
•••
0
•••
I usually buy .ws at Dynadot for $6.75 each (bulk pricing). Normal price is $7.99. Those are for 1st year reg only.
 
0
•••
I usually buy .ws at Dynadot for $6.75 each (bulk pricing). Normal price is $7.99. Those are for 1st year reg only.
$6.48 at DNIC.BIZ
 
1
•••
0
•••
all 4n without 0 or 4 are gone for some time now
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back