IT.COM

.com A recent 4 letter domain auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Abhijit Kumar Medhi

Established Member
Impact
Three and four letter domains are sold like hot cakes.But when I first started steering my look into this field of domain names and saw such domain names being sold for thousands of dollars against some other names comprising two or three meaningful words selling just in 3 digits, I wondered why.One time came when I accepted the reality that 3 and 4 letter domains are somehow hottest, though I couldn't convince my own conscience.I accepted it as I accept Indian politics to be true democracy.

What I am going to link to my recent observation is that my doubt was not totally baseless that not all 4 letter domains are valuable.I missed the domain, but I am happy to miss it.

I has happened in flippa.May be many of this forum have observed the auction.I was FUEQ.com selling for just $155 .I also bid for it but just up to $11.Then I stopped and thought about its value.I didn't and still don't have any tools to gauge it.But I tried to do just one ridiculously simple thing- expand it into a four word business name and I couldn't.So, I decided to observe the auction dynamics of the domain.The result is in front of us.We don't know the future but for now just $155! For a 4 letter .com domain.Mind it.

I think we the new domain investors should not go by the words of big investors with blind eye.They are creating an impression that domains which sell for thousands only worth registering and purchasing.Is it always possible?No!
So, I would prefer to settle with two word domains (with meaning and value of course) or even three words ones too and sell them not for thousands of dollar, but just a few hundred dollars to supplement my existing income.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back