Dynadot

question What's the best marketplace for pronounceable 4 Letter .Com's?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dncafe

I Buy WebsitesTop Member
Impact
I am thinking about listing some pronounceable 4 letter .com domains on one of the brandable type marketplaces.

My concern with a site like BrandBucket is that it is so saturated with low quality domains, that your name will just get better and never seen.

I want exposure to end users

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am thinking about listing some pronounceable 4 letter .com domains on one of the brandable type marketplaces.

My concern with a site like BrandBucket is that it is so saturated with low quality domains, that your name will just get better and never seen.

I would say have a logo designed as a .png and write up a cool description and list on DAN.com. If you also set up a facebook business page as well as an IG and Twitter with the domain handle you can cross promote with hashtags for more visibility and SEO. I like how Dan lets you write out a description to go with your graphic so end users can actually envision possible uses for the domain. I notice that my domains that have a matching FB business page rank higher on Google search.

Last edited:
•••
I would say have a logo designed as a .png and write up a cool description and list on DAN.com.

Dan.com doesn't really provide any kind of exposure or marketing to end users. I can just self host the domain for free and keep all the earnings.

I want the domain listed where a startup might be browsing domains

•••
Dan.com doesn't really provide any kind of exposure or marketing to end users. I can just self host the domain for free and keep all the earnings.

I want the domain listed where a startup might be browsing domains

Have you tried SquadHelp?

•••
sedo.com , godaddy auctions

•••
Best place for 4l.coms to sell is uniregistry. They getting tons of sales.

•••

I agree with this statement. I think no domain marketplaces are done the way they should be and none of them excel in anything. Places like BB are hard to sift through.

I was actually thinking about running CPC type ads for something like this where you would provide the name and price within the ad so as to increase the conversion rate of clicks to be as efficient as possible, but I'm not sure that would suffice.

I don't think there's a real proper way to get a good brandable name like that out there at this point in time.

•••
The part I just can’t swallow about the brandable marketplaces is the commission, and the fact that (BB primarily) doesn’t allow you to list your domain anywhere else.

I semi-recently had a 4L name approved for 30K+ at BB and initially said ok, and then I started thinking about having to give them 30% for putting a simple logo on it and listing it with 1500 other 4L .coms.... i quickly turned around and said “Thanks but no thanks” and decided against listing there.

People like to say they have a strong buyer pool and lots of eyes seeing the names, but is it really any better than Sedo, Uniregistry, Afternic, Godaddy... especially with the GoDaddy/Afternic premium partner network? I think probably not.

If you have good 4L .coms, especially pronounceable ones, you’re probably going to do better just listing them in as many places as possible instead of tying one arm behind your back.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with this statement. I think no domain marketplaces are done the way they should be and none of them excel in anything. Places like BB are hard to sift through.

I was actually thinking about running CPC type ads for something like this where you would provide the name and price within the ad so as to increase the conversion rate of clicks to be as efficient as possible, but I'm not sure that would suffice.

I don't think there's a real proper way to get a good brandable name like that out there at this point in time.

The CPC thing is an interesting idea

•••

I would suggest BrandDo. Giving the experiences that I had with this Marketplace, The service is just outstanding. Most of the startup and end-users are shopping from these kinds of marketplaces, so you might sell your domain quickly if you have good quality names. Also, you won’t worry about the overcrowding and the saturation at all, they are very picky with their names and your names will get the recognition that they deserve.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back