Dynadot

.com Another surprise for me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Abhijit Kumar Medhi

Established Member
Impact
In my previous post I talked about a so-called 4letter .com domain FUEQ. COM being sold for just $155 on flippa.This time just the opposite.
Domain gurus are always after establishing the impression that 3-4 letter domains are gems-grab them and sell at least for 4 figure dollars. Conversely, they avoid commenting anything on 3 word 4 word names at all.And look at one auction currently running on godaddy: WHENWILLIUSEMATH. COM ; it's a 5 word .com domain (when will i use math ), mind it, and today at this moment its latest ( not yet last) bid is at $1781, while three more days are left to end the auction.

I shall like to add two more 4 letter .com domains selling at $155 recently.They are FLZI. com at $156 and ebyl. com at $155.
Just compare three 4 letter .coms and the 5 word .com.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
where is the surprise? that is a PR6 domain with traffic and history, you can t compare..

•••
I think you are confusing buying a domain to flip and buying traffic. Traffic is almost money in the bank, buying a domain is a much riskier proposition. I agree with @thetruman that these are two totally different products, with different goals, different customers and different end games.

•••
Domain gurus are always after establishing the impression that 3-4 letter domains are gems-grab them and sell at least for 4 figure dollars. Conversely, they avoid commenting anything on 3 word 4 word names at all.

so maybe you are only being told, what they want you to think.

and what does that tell you?

imo....

•••
Domain gurus are always after establishing the impression that 3-4 letter domains are gems-grab them and sell at least for 4 figure dollars. Conversely, they avoid commenting anything on 3 word 4 word names at all.

I'll translate this for you, as you leaving out the important parts.

It's 3-4 letter Dot COM domains

Hold them, don't think you can sell them in less than a year on the same platform you bought them and make a profit.

Still have to give them a quality check.

"sell at least for 4 figure dollars" does not mean they will sell for four figures (talking about LLLL.com) it means don't sell unless you get a four figure offer.

On the 3- 4 word domains:

The assumption is that when people want to talk about three-four word domains they are talking hand regs.

The days of someone handregging a blatantly obvious value three word dot com like ibuyhomes.com are over.

There nothing wrong with trying. But some would like to point out you are better off buying one LLLL.com than 15 hand reg hopefuls.

Those that bought low end LLLL.com in the past 3-4 years can liquidate their names today for equal to profit. Bad hadregs are generally still bad 3-4 years later.

I am just telling the other side and not advocating any approach. Good Luck

•••
handreg on .com may be all but over, but I've seen some decent looking ones on drop lists that no one grabbed. Well, at least what I think are decent ones. Maybe there's a reason they didn't get picked up that I don't understand yet.

•••
-edit- whoops wrong thread :)

Last edited:
•••
I think I am getting valuable inputs from johname,biggie,cocaseco and thetruman regarding different facets of domain name investment.You mean to say that traffic is the most important factor for value of a domain and it comes with age of the domain.But the question is how to generate traffic to a domain that is just parked and don't hold a website under it.
Investors like me must invest more on traffic generation.Handreg are not going to sell, right? If right this is disappointing.

•••
I'll translate this for you, as you leaving out the important parts.

It's 3-4 letter Dot COM domains

Hold them, don't think you can sell them in less than a year on the same platform you bought them and make a profit.

Still have to give them a quality check.

"sell at least for 4 figure dollars" does not mean they will sell for four figures (talking about LLLL.com) it means don't sell unless you get a four figure offer.

On the 3- 4 word domains:

The assumption is that when people want to talk about three-four word domains they are talking hand regs.

The days of someone handregging a blatantly obvious value three word dot com like ibuyhomes.com are over.

There nothing wrong with trying. But some would like to point out you are better off buying one LLLL.com than 15 hand reg hopefuls.

Those that bought low end LLLL.com in the past 3-4 years can liquidate their names today for equal to profit. Bad hadregs are generally still bad 3-4 years later.

I am just telling the other side and not advocating any approach. Good Luck
Good points covered!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back