Dynadot

A quote from BILL GATES on the domain industry!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wanda

Credit Card Service ProVIP Member
Impact
"Domains have and will continue to go up in value faster than any other commodity ever known to man."

- Bill Gates

* resource: www.dnbroker.us

I found this quote today, while visiting the above site link.. i am not the owner of that site.. nor do i personally know the owner.. i just simply found it an interesting quote.. and wanted to share the good news!

Related:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmmmm it makes sense. More and more people want their share of the internet, getting a hold of great domains is getting harder and harder even if more and more extensions become available.

I wonder when he made that statement? If it was in the beginning of the 90's it made sense back then, if he made the statement a week ago I'm not 100% convinced hehe

•••
Wanda said:
"Domains have and will continue to go up in value faster than any other commodity ever known to man."

- Bill Gates

* resource: www.dnbroker.us

I found this quote today, while visiting the above site link.. i am not the owner of that site.. nor do i personally know the owner.. i just simply found it an interesting quote.. and wanted to share the good news!

Makes me wonder -- If he truly believes that, why hasn't he bought up all the prime names?

•••
Gene said:
Makes me wonder -- If he truly believes that, why hasn't he bought up all the prime names?

maybe he's talking about the new domain extensions? :) The prime domain names are soon to reach their peak value I think..or he's trying to create a internet buzz..

•••
Gene said:

Proll'y because he can afford them at any price (and at any time), IMHO. :laugh:

Heck, he could have $10,000.00 "pennies" made and start tossing them at will in the water fountain with a good wish or two ... like we all could do with real $.01 pennies (for a limited time). In this case, all is relative I guess.
B-)

•••
ThreeD said:
maybe he's talking about the new domain extensions? :) The prime domain names are soon to reach their peak value I think..or he's trying to create a internet buzz..

Naw... that quote is fairly old.

Jeff said:
Proll'y because he can afford them at any price (and at any time), IMHO. :laugh:

If he were buying for himself, sure. But I'm talking about as an investment. Does he invest in real estate? gold? stocks? Well according to his quote (if it is his quote) domain investments are better. So why wouldn't he buy up all the prime names? There's gotta be some information missing here :)

•••
WEll, all I know is that I wish I'd invested in Real Estate as opposed to domains! Screw virtual real estate, need to get the real stuff!

•••
He obviously already owns msn.com and microsoft.com, those are pretty valuable... :$:

But you are right, if domains were that valuable you would think microsoft would pay a lot for ones like word.com, office.com, etc...

Who knows, maybe Bill has tried to buy them but was not able to...

•••
johnny6 said:
WEll, all I know is that I wish I'd invested in Real Estate as opposed to domains! Screw virtual real estate, need to get the real stuff!

Avg. domain registration is ~ $8.95 ... avg. Real Estate investment is ~ $XXX,xxx ?!? :gl:
Depends on how much capital you have, IMHO.
B-)

•••
mmm, heard it before, hes probably right too, well until something more kick ass than the internet is made

•••
linker said:
He obviously already owns msn.com and microsoft.com, those are pretty valuable... :$:
He doesn't own them, but Microsoft does, and its not like they (or he) could sell those 2 domains.

Would Microsoft.com be worth anything if Microsoft didn't exist? No, it probably wouldn't even be registered. MSN.com would only be worth something because it is just 3 characters (and all letters), but not nearly as much as it is. What I'm trying to say is that when properly developed, a domain can be worth a lot more than its worth undeveloped, as this clearly shows.

•••
When and where did he state that?

•••
-RJ- said:
When and where did he state that?

Google the exact phrase, it returns all domain name sites, it could be falsified, but I dont think so

•••
Maybe Bill Gates does buy a lot of them, but uses an 'alias' for such purchases to keep it secret.

Maybe he's here right now.... among us. :o

•••
-db- said:
Maybe Bill Gates does buy a lot of them, but uses an 'alias' for such purchases to keep it secret.

lol even if he was - and he'd say he's bill gates - we wouldn't believe him :D

•••
True, but that's what makes his plan so brilliant. :laugh:

•••
-db- said:
True, but that's what makes his plan so brilliant. :laugh:

:laugh:

"RJ" swore me to secrecy, but since the cat is now out of the bag ... :blink:
Shhhhhh.
B-)

•••
droplister said:
mmm, heard it before, hes probably right too, well until something more kick ass than the internet is made

yah when you dont have to type in anything to goto a website, just say it and it goes

•••
j0e said:
yah when you dont have to type in anything to goto a website, just say it and it goes

I think that's already possible, just not available to the public. Heard of a company experimenting with that kind of technology.

•••
Im gonna hope and pray thats far away, Im trying to start a business (www.droplister.com) based soley on domain names...Ahhh...I must end the technological advances related to the internet, with the exception of speed of connection

•••
That is an old quote. I have seen it before also. I believe it was around 1999.

•••
Wanda said:

- Bill Gates
What a crackpot! "faster than any commodity known to man"....

•••
-db- said:

Well I have kept my secret for so long but now I will reveal my true identity. :laugh:

•••
•••
I actually this quote on a few sites before and they all cited it from Bill Gates plus I think it would make more sense coming from him then from a un-professional web developer, in my opinion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back