Domain Empire

A Newbie question: What are the best domains to purchase?

Spaceship
Watch

franklin8309

Established Member
Impact
I'm new to the game and i what to make this a Full-Time business. I did some research but can never get a straight answer as to what are the best domains to put on the Market? Should i stick with well-aged commerical domains like redshoes.com or go with names like 2535.com? Inquiring minds want to know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the nnnn/com market has been growing, the red shoe market has levelled off, apples and oranges (one is numeric and one is product/brandable)

•••
the nnnn/com market has been growing, the red shoe market has levelled off, apples and oranges (one is numeric and one is product/brandable)
Haven't been having any luck with the product/brandable so i think i might try my luck with numeric. Do the same rules apply...do the numeric sell better if their older?

•••
When you sell to end users, you can forget about the age.
They just want meaningful, memorable, trustworthy.

•••
Haven't been having any luck with the product/brandable so i think i might try my luck with numeric. Do the same rules apply...do the numeric sell better if their older?

Most nnn and nnnn if not all are 'old by definition' (all were regged a while ago) I don't think the asian folk who chase these names care about the age

•••
Thanx guys...So do you think i should stick with MortgageMax.com? I'm using 1 domain at a time to train myself. I figure if i can sell one im ready to step up and try more. Don't want to buy a bunch of non-selling names. Lost a lot of money and time on the first three i had.

•••
Most domainers would not be 'full time' and if they are they got into it more than a decade ago, the name you mention to me is just a brandable (i may be wrong maybe it means something, trademarked?) not sure how you expect to make a living off names like that. Worth noting the more expensive the name the harder to sell

•••
Thanx guys...So do you think i should stick with MortgageMax.com? I'm using 1 domain at a time to train myself. I figure if i can sell one im ready to step up and try more. Don't want to buy a bunch of non-selling names. Lost a lot of money and time on the first three i had.
If you have "MortgageMax" then you have some end users to contact.
If you have "MortgagesMax" as posted elsewhere, just forget about it.
Grace delete for a refund, if not too late.

•••
If you have "MortgageMax" then you have some end users to contact.
If you have "MortgagesMax" as posted elsewhere, just forget about it.
Grace delete for a refund, if not too late.
That's gone! For my next trick i have PalaceGold.com...Aged 13 years with 240,000 monthly searches for the term "gold" I hope this one attracts some attention

•••
Expiring aged domains can be a good place to look for potential acquisitions. Both Godaddy Auctions and Name.com's Domain Nabber allow one to see domain age. The logic is that a domain that is five years old or more was renewed by somebody because they viewed it as worth renewing. However, oftentimes I will run this sort of filter for short ten-year old .COMs at Godaddy and still see junk. Who renews this &^%$#! for ten years? Focus on keywords which a company could use for a business website. Focus on two-word .COM domains as until you learn what a good domain name is, the tendency will be to waste money and time on bad registrations. Note that at SEDO about 50% of their sales are for .COM (and generally shorter ones) with all the other extensions sharing the remaining 50% of sales. Most domain sales are under $1000 so keep your prices reasonable if you want to find buyers.

•••
If you do it with the goal of reselling than focus on buying only the very best domains (.com no hypens or numbers) that would appeal to the max number of businesses that already spend a ton on ppc.

•••
nnnn.com sell faster than well-aged commercial domains. If you have good capital, there's a green pasture here. Commercial domains do well too however focus on good premium keywords, the shorter the better. Learn the tricks and intricacies of the game as you go on as this requires a lot of wit and skills to achieve the desired results. It's a hard fight with all those competitions all over you.

•••
Yes it is...i want to make a business out of domaining but its hard for me to recognize a good domain from a bad one. My first three domains had great keywords but didn't sell anything but a dream. i don't have the eye yet but your advice helps. Thank You

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back