news A Letter from DN.com to You

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DN.com

VIP Member
DN.com Staff
Impact
Dear Users,

We’re very excited to tell you that DN.com is getting even safer now! As some of you may already know, DN.com has been manually handling every domain name transaction to prevent transactions on stolen domains or dispute domains. Now we have decided to take a step further. From 19th October 2015, in order to conduct domain name transactions at DN.com, all accounts must be certified by providing account holders’ valid ID documents, i.e. copy of ID, driver’s license, or passport.

We know, we know, we know, ID documents are sensitive, and you might think it’s not necessary to provide ID documents to do transactions. However, we all know that the domain industry is under threat of domain name hijacking and fraud. Based on our experience, valid ID documents are one of the best and most powerful ways to verify the ownership of domain name(s). One may have multiple email addresses, but only one valid ID. We will make sure that your ID documents will be used exclusively for domain name transactions at DN.com.

It’s not our purpose to create obstacles for your transactions, but to eliminate the threats. At the same time, we are prepared that some of our valuable users might not accept this new rule, but to create a safer platform, we need to be willing to take the sacrifice for fulfilling a greater mission.

If you have any concerns, please don’thesitate to contact us. And from now on, you can already submit your ID documents at https://www.dn.com/member/account/auth. You can continue doing transactions without verification at DN.com till 19th Oct, when new rule officially takes effect.

We look forward to making domaining a safer industry together with you! At Namepros, we have open ears, and we'd love to hear feedback from all you guys :)

Kindest Regards,

DN.com Team

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps you should update your privacy protection policy to something that makes sense:
"DN.com protects the users' privacy with severity."'

And this classic (emphasis mine)
"Thus, DN.com will not disclose, edit or reveal your registration information and other information stored in DN.com non-public services without your content,"

So it won't reveal my information without the content....pretty sure that's an important typo.
And unless:

"To secure personal privacy and the security of public in the case of urgent."

Whatever that means.

Don't see how I can trust a Chinese company with personal identifiable information when you don't even meet basic general accepted standards for privacy protection/policy in the US or EU.

Have you ever considered hiring a decent English speaking lawyer for your site? Can't cost that much - even if it's not something that will ever matter with the legal jurisdiction being what it is.

Last edited:
•••
Uh- NO. There's nothing "safe" about sending my personal data to some person in a foreign country. (I don't even like to do it in my own.) So...sorry, but I won't be sending you any business.

•••
A good step from DN.com

However, since DN.com is in its growing phase, I wouldn't feel comfortable providing my ID documents. But once the company has gain seniority in the industry, I surely will.

Above all, it's a good attempt towards making domain transactions secure.

Good luck,

•••
I have not tried DN.com for an escrow purchase/sale. And I probably won't. Why?

1. From what I've read, they are not speedy payers, like Escrow.com
2. I don't think it is wise to put your ID Documents with a Chinese company. For many obvious reasons.

•••
In English, please =)

dncomtickettt.png

•••
I never used Dn.com but i have a question.

Don't you think its very easy to create a Fake id in Photoshop?

For the transaction i like Flippa Escrow, their other service may have some issues but their escrow service is very safe, fast and easy to use.

•••
I never used Dn.com but i have a question.

Don't you think its very easy to create a Fake id in Photoshop?
And how you gonna create bank account with matching identity? Via Photoshop as well?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back