Dynadot

discuss A .Horse domain spotted!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I was surprised to see a .horse domain being used by a newly funded startup. Take a look at the list, about half way down.

http://dngeek.com/2017/07/muso-com-pray-com-fashiontrade-com/

Equilab.horse raised over 400k in funding. Thought it was interesting.

Being that the company has developed software for tracking I'm a little surprised they didn't possibly use .io or something.

P.S. I don't have any .horse domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
'A .horse domain spotted!'

Sounds like some #breakingnews, 'spotted' is the right term hahaha
Horses and internet, a strange 'mix' - whenever I see the .horse TLD, I don't know really what to think.
I can't help, for me it's still just a 'funny' TLD.

•••

Horses and internet, a strange 'mix' - whenever I see the .horse TLD, I don't know really what to think.
Me too. Exactly the same sentiment. It is odd. Change just one letter and it would be House.

•••

I'm surprised there isn't a TopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTopTop.Horse anywhere. lol

Jk jk

•••
I'm expecting .bigfoot next!

•••
•••
Beastiality.horse (free to reg!):ROFL::xf.grin::xf.wink::whistle:

•••
Being that the company has developed software for tracking I'm a little surprised they didn't possibly use .io or something.

tracking.horse
is available!

•••
Dumb.
EquilabHorse.com available for reg fee.

•••
•••
I once registered RentA.Horse. My most embarrassing reg to date..

•••
•••
I can only imagine the company telling investors...."and our incredible website....the online face of our organization....is......Equilab.... .Horse.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah....I would burst out laughing.

•••
I can only imagine the company telling investors...."and our incredible website....the online face of our organization....is......Equilab.... .Horse.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah....I would burst out laughing.

And then someone tries to type in Equilab.whores ))

•••
A lot of examples bashing gtlds were using a hypothetical .horse domain....
this is bound to change !!!

No more laughing at .horse ! :-P

•••
As their software is horse specific, likely all of their advertising will primarily be to their equestrian audience and other conscientious trainers and riders.

So likely much of their print advertising will be in horse journals, publications and the like.

Those ads will really stand out to horse enthusiasts by using .horse so obviously that is their intent.

Will also stand out in online search results.

Have come across a few other .horse domains that resolve to .horse websites rather than redirect to a .com site.

Admire 'em for the courage of their convictions as they are investing some real money in their start-up.

•••
As their software is horse specific, likely all of their advertising will primarily be to their equestrian audience and other conscientious trainers and riders.

So likely much of their print advertising will be in horse journals, publications and the like.

Those ads will really stand out to horse enthusiasts by using .horse so obviously that is their intent.

Will also stand out in online search results.

Have come across a few other .horse domains that resolve to .horse websites rather than redirect to a .com site.

Admire 'em for the courage of their convictions as they are investing some real money in their start-up.

How can you admire someone who did not bother to spend $9/yr on a matching .com, at least, as a forwarder??

•••
•••
How can you admire someone who did not bother to spend $9/yr on a matching .com, at least, as a forwarder??

Easily.

They are 100% following their convictions with a lot of dollars at stake.

Do I think they should have the .com too?
Yes, absolutely.

And I think the .com should redirect (forward) to their .horse site.

•••
pure junk! unless all home owners in america start buying a horse and naming their hose like "MrEd.horse"

besides that, this is going to fail ultimately!

•••
I was surprised to see a .horse domain being used by a newly funded startup. Take a look at the list, about half way down.

http://dngeek.com/2017/07/muso-com-pray-com-fashiontrade-com/

Equilab.horse raised over 400k in funding. Thought it was interesting.

P.S. I don't have any .horse domains.

Well, that explains the celebrations going on in the horse barn next door.

•••
besides that, this is going to fail ultimately!

.horse is for the equestrian community and horse names. they don't give a # for .com or anything else than horse related items. simple as that.

•••
Hmm... probably low ballers who got the hint of the .com owner that the domain is still available in the .horse extension LOL:ROFL:

EQUILAB.net is still free to reg. Double LOL:ROFL::ROFL:

Ces't la vie!

•••
At the end, I am sure, 'they know what they do'.
A .horse domain can't be a 'coincidence'.

•••
At the end, I am sure, 'they know what they do'.
A .horse domain can't be a 'coincidence'.
They should have bought and regged all the alternatives. From the investors perspective this should be done at the beginning of the project! They will loose a lot of traffic after the alternatives will be regged by others.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back