Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

idomainappraisal

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like prefixes i and e, many of my domains have it. But the name in question seems too long for me, I guess usually it is good to have these prefixes with 1 worders..like eHotels.com.

eGoodHotels.com or eCleverSecretaries.com is already too much imo.

there is also too many alternatives in new gTLDs, all available for few USD as for today (I just checked):

• domainappraisal.vip
  • domainappraisal.link
  • domainappraisal.zone
And I am sure I can find some more examples easily. So that can be indication of the value of your domain name.

•••
Thanks

But like some say

.com is king

As to the other examples they are not an 'industry' and Domain Appraisal is a niche of the Domain Industry, so in this case it's as short as you can get in the best tld around IMO

But thanks

Last edited:
•••
Not sure what that other guy is getting at comparing it to .vip and .link, your domain is infinitely better than those options even with the 'i'.

The problem is the lack of money in the domain appraisal business. You can get it for free here on namepros which is where all domain investors congregate. Estibot and other sites are scams even being free services; people look up their sh*tty domains there to see a ridiculously inflated value and use it as a moral boost for their lack of domain name knowledge.

•••
"Infinitely better" not sure about that, not only is that a matter of opinion it also depends on the level of work done to market the name, the quality of content and the overall quality of the name in general. I don't like the "i" at the start of domain appraisal. I don't see the value of putting an "i" at the start of a 15 letter two word domain...its too long to be brandable. I+word works a lot better than I+word+word imho. Those ngtld alternatives weren't bad and don't make the mistake of listening to people who are incredibly bias, take the time to view your position from all angles and then make a decision. Automatically discounting the alternatives based on speculation isn't a good call to make, rather than joining into the ever growing echo chamber of ".COM is King" fanboys go out and do your own research and find out what the real trends are because things are not what they seem. If you find that your opinion remains the same than all the best to you but don't just echo what other people are saying, walk to the beat of your own drum.

With that said good luck with your domain, I hope you succeed in developing it, but if your looking to resell it you might have a hard time.

Full Disclosure: I'm 90% investing in .com's but I look for opportunities in every tld be it king or .cooking, there is always money to be made on the buy.

•••
The biggest lesson for 'big money' meaning real corporate budgets in marketing realized that the 'public' is .com centered, domain 'speculators' are tld aware, the public is not.

The poster boy for why .com is king was the failed attempt to brand O.co by a major company, they found that people seeing their mega million buck advertising campaigns in 'media' outside of 'links' from the net resulted in most people seeing an ad for O.co typing in O.com so the .co tld was a huge failure when a major company tried to brand a .co

So if you actually 'sell' investment level domains (which such a niche as Domain Appraisal(s) is not since it appeals only to 'domainers') anything outside of .com has a fraction of value and in 'big money' names other than .net and .org there's no real money (7 figures or even mid level 6 figures) buying anything but .com for large money (ie. mid 6 and 7 figure sales).

That being said, most speculators in tld's outside of .com are not chasing high level valued IP assets, and the potential end user for this type of url should be trying to run a 3rd party 'appraisal' site and to me that would mean the site needs to focus on major valued names.

Nothing wrong with a nice forum like this giving opinions on domain values from minor value to the rarer high valued assets, but a person that owns a high valued asset would never link to a forum with 'opinions' to value as proof of value, so the name has value to a person trying to create a 3rd party site to put up appraisals on high valued assets to help a tiny fraction of domain name speculators give a 'market opinion' for elite domains (ie. greater than 500K).

Now a person could try to just create a 'traffic' site with this type of domain, where 'opinions' are attached to domains, but such a site would have no potential sales impact on a major asset. So selling appraisals would be tough for such a site that is opinion oriented compared to 'expert opinion' appraisals and there may indeed be many experts giving opinions here.

The reality is that you have IMO only 50 to 100 major 'industries' in the world and any natural industry keyword in those 'industries' are the real 'assets' in the whole IM or domain speculation game.

So the potential 'end user' for this keyword prefix, is a person that wants to try to do 3 types of potential monetization.

Focus on the very rare major assets in domain investing that will eventually find 6 or 7 figure end users and to put up a 1 year or so page with an appraisal opinion can sell for 50 to 100 bucks IMO and if the name has any income with it, then a certified CPA opinion on such an appraisal can go for 500 or maybe 1,000.

So that's one way to monetize it, do only major asset evaluations and ignore the whole low valued speculation market.

Another way to monetize is focus on both major assets and branch into some of the other tld's with minor appraisals 5K to 100K range.

The third is to just use it as a type of portal for any thing related to domains and let the public put their opinions like is done here.

We have no interest in developing the name, so it is just a minor valued niche keyword in the top valued tld (which .com is 100% as sales figures PROVE) and it has probably the strongest brandable prefix around that being the 'i' prefix which is due to apple now the creme de la creme of prefixes as all their i assets prove.

iTunes
iPod
iPhone
iCloud
iMac

So 'if' you are a potential end user and want to give an opinion about domain name values, it's a strong domain only for that type of person and it wouldn't cost that much to acquire a .com or net/org without a prefix.

As far as domains in general go, it's not a 'great domain' to do much more than offer appraisals, you can try to do the usual way that many domain related do, let the public with bias towards non .com tld's give opinions or try to do appraisals that reflect reality on big asset names and then sell some appraisals to investors that are still holding large valued assets.

As to one or two words, if an industry is two words it's a two word industry and in this case domain appraisal is a minor industry in the broader domain name industry.

Using the logic some expressed here, domains.com would be the only keyword for the domain name industry yet the industry is two words 'domain name(s)', so that is the industry and domain(s) is a word that can mean things outside of 'domain names'.

Now the logic here is domainnames.com has not much value compared to domains.com

Well auto.com is a major industry yet autoparts.com is a huge niche of the overall automotive market.

Now if you really want to 'invest' in 'domain names' then start to understand industry keywords and how those are all huge assets.

autos.com
autoparts.com

huge value in each one but autoparts.com might actually be more valuable than 'autos' since who can benefit from 'autos'? A car maker? Not really, a developer for 'traffic' certainly but then you have to monetize 'autos' with a service or ads.

If you are a major 'Auto Parts' company, you industry is 'Auto Parts' and as soon as any auto parts supplier owns the name they are a huge player in that industry.

Does the .net or .org have value? Sure but a fraction of the .com

Do any of the many tld's have value?

Sure, minor auto parts sellers on a local level can afford minor investments to try to acquire outside the .com.

So the .com has a few global or national companies that can make big money from autoparts.com and 99% of local companies selling auto parts can not begin to even bid on such a major asset.

So tld speculators can register and dump autoparts.tld all day long but the real asset is only the .com

The .com is worth millions and the rest not much.

Now if an up and coming start up in autoparts wants to brand something they would be foolish to brand anything but a .com since O.co proved the .com is what people will type in not the .co

So now the arena of brandable prefix domains becomes a potential asset.

i, e, 1, best, etc, now are all potential assets for the main asset which is autoparts.com

Domain Names are not Domain Appraisals and to be technical Domain Name Appraisals is the potential 'service' a person can develop such a site in.

Someone interested in Domain Appraisals should really just try to get the .com but next best thing is a strong prefix.

DomainAppraisal(s).com
DomainNameAppraisal(s).com

Those are the 'best' domains IF you want to try to monetize domain name appraisals and legitimize it with links to PDF files and maybe offer CPA enhanced opinions if income on a name is part of the value.

As I view domains the natural keyword .net is worth what a 'i' prefix is, but the i prefix is better to brand since if you use keyword.net or any other tld in marketing the .com gets a free ride and most of the type ins.

As to content, I'm about to push a button and clone an appraisal site with lots of content onto this spec name, but that shouldn't be part of the valuation in such a forum like this, but it will factor into why someone buys it.

Autopilot sites which this will soon be for a niche like domains can get minor niche traffic and they can be monetized in many ways from adwords to banners to offering services.

As to the plethora of tlds, .com is king for one reason, big money budgets tried to brand outside of .com and it failed, so no big money (7 figures) will ever be paid for a name in any tld but .com.

That doesn't mean you can't churn a ton of minor tld's into 3 or 4 figure sales and even 5 figure sales.

Any industry keyword in most tld's have some value, but for anyone to say .com is not the premium tld, is just refusing to accept the long history of com sales over every other tld.

IMO a prefix .com like i,e,1 and a few others is equal to the value of the straight keyword in other tlds with a premium on a few tld's like net and then org.

So the only real issue is, outside of obtaining the exact .com with no prefix, what do people here think is the value of the name with a prefix in this case in .com.

Is it better or worse than the name without a prefix in other tld's, sure that's subjective and opinions are welcomed.

IMO a prefix on this type of niche keyword only has some value in .com and for branding anything .com is the only tld anyone can really brand in as the O.co disaster proved.

End users that can't afford any keyword .com see some value in many tld's as the many sales in many tld's have proven.

In this case though, the only issue is if some users think the .com with the prefix in this case has any value.

Instead of giving a value to the name, some are saying 'in their opinion' no prefix in other tld's is better, great that's their opinion and while not mine, it's a legitimate 'opinion' and a case can be made to them they like a certain tld and don't like in this case a prefix for this keyword in the .com.

My personal opinion is .com is for branding for one main reason O.co showed a huge loss of potential users getting confused with O.co

But all opinions are welcome since it shows what some think and as some have stated they would rather use a keyword in another tld without a prefix.

As to other opinions that a specific niche of the domain industry is worthless, great, that's an 'opinion' it's not mine, but it's a legitimate opinion to that person and others may agree all two words are bad or in this case it's such a tiny niche of the domain industry an IM industry as a whole that only the .com or whatever has value.

If someone wants to do appraisals and charge for them, it's a good url.

If someone wants to have a discussion forum built around appraisals it's a good domain, IMO.

As to what tld's are better, well that's subjective and with so many now, the whole tld market outside of .com is saturated. Yet a lot of money is being made in many tld's for better terms.

This is not a mass appeal keyword, it's not worth a whole lot of money, but for reasons stated above it has a nominal value to a potential end user IMO and to some it may not.

Domain Appraisals is what this specific topic of this forum is for, and as such, discussion of that term in other tld's is a nice addition to this thread, since it shows how people look at other tld's as a whole and how some value .com over most others.

Thanks for all comments, it's nice to see how speculators and investors look at prefixes and other tld's.

So thanks for all comments, they are welcome IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back