Finteza

8833.com stolen???

Labeled as alert in Warnings and Alerts started by TrueDN, Nov 16, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. TrueDN

TrueDN Active Member VIP

8833.com listed for sale at Sedo with bin $9,000 USD.
    Be careful if you're going to buy.
    I have a confirmation by the previous owner - Frey Pow, the domain was stolen from his account at GoDaddy.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Grilled

Grilled MIA VIP

The domain has since been moved to Namesilo.

Tagging reps from previous registrar, current registrar, and after market: GoDaddy (@Joe Styler | @Paul Nicks) @namesilo @Sedo (@Dave Evanson @Tobias F)

3. Donmarick

Donmarick Established Member

So its stolen or not ?

4. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Well someone may have purchased it, I don't see it available at Sedo anymore.

5. AIS01

AIS01 domainer VIP

i think NOT. as per namebio. most sale come with 1-5 k usd. with starting 88 and 888

6. jacksonmui

jacksonmui Upgraded Member Blue Account ★★★★★★★★★★

how can domain be stolen in godaddy if you are vip account

7. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

8. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

I haven't been in the office for a week. It's my first day back. I really don't know and wouldn't be able to comment if I did. I can say that we haven't had any security breaches on our site and it seems really unlikely that any name would be stolen from an account with us. We have excellent security and checks in place.
    That doesn't mean that someone with access to the account may not take the domain, ex business partner, spouse, employee, etc.

We also have various ways set up to help people recover stolen domains if something were to happen.

I really don't know what happened here but in general it is really hard to steal a domain from an account with us. Even with an account holder using lax security on their end, we still have layers of security on our side we utilize behind the scenes. We offer various additional layers of security such as DTVS, Protected registration, 2FA, etc that in tandem make it next to impossible to lose a domain with us.

9. equity78

Thanks for the detailed reply Joe. The OP should try to get back to the owner and see if he knows how it was stolen with what seems like a very difficult thing to happen at GoDaddy.

10. soidav

soidav Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

not listed on sedo anymore

11. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

$9K is a steal, Chinese buyers would snap it up quickly.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  12. soidav

soidav Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Western too ;)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: