Dynadot

advice 8 months without a single sale, please give some advice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joshua16

Established Member
Impact
My domain portfolio has been over 300 domains and it's been 8 months since the last sale in 2018. I haven't received any offer or sales so far. I'm so discouraged right now. Can you guys please give me some advices?
Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 11.27.32 PM.png

The avatar probably doesn't help :sneaky:

•••
•••
Are you an old man or something? The avatar is just for fun, not related to my nature and domain too.

What domains are you selling? Hard to say more without knowing.

•••
@creataweb give you good advice about how not to sell domain. Good avatar also, disabled person?

•••
Are you an old man or something? The avatar is just for fun, not related to my nature and domain too.

The business world is like an old man, appreciating collected presentation and professionalism. The world judges (often unconsciously) on these minor aesthetics details.

Last edited:
•••
Sales are streaky, but good domains get offers.

If you are not getting inquires or offers I think it is likely a good indication of the quality of domains you are holding.

Brad

•••
I have 350 domains and sold 1 domain every month 90% hand reg in my portfolio so i can say you collecting crapy names if you can show us some of your domains then you can get better opinion.

•••
•••
What percentage of your portfolio is .COM ? What platforms are you listed on ? If you dont want to list your portfolio, then at least give us something else to go on.

•••
Number of domains in a portfolio doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of those domains. I will advice you to tweak your portfolio and fill it more with better domains, while eliminating the bad ones.

Most times, it take a while for a domain to sell. Definitely you're not alone in this, many Domainers are going through same scenario. Just be patient and try harder.

•••
You guys please comment to express personal views. I'm fine and still listening to positive comments as well as negative .

•••
What percentage of your portfolio is .COM ? What platforms are you listed on ? If you dont want to list your portfolio, then at least give us something else to go on.
I don't want to show it in public.
Is there any way to show you this?

•••
The business world is like an old man, appreciating collected presentation and professionalism. The world judges (often unconsciously) on these minor aesthetics details.
Well.I'm going to change another avatar, look at this picture and you can judge me.

•••
The life needs laughter so we can relax, we can release the tension,
to be able to work effectively,don't be an old man who's always nervous.

•••
90% com, the rest is gTLDs
I list it in most marketplace

•••
Well.I'm going to change another avatar, look at this picture and you can judge me.

Your really think that is an appropriate avatar?

I am guessing NamePros has a TOS against that kind of image.

Brad

•••
Your really think that is an appropriate avatar?

I am guessing NamePros has a TOS against that kind of image.

Brad
Oh, really?

I'll change a different avatar then

•••
My domain portfolio has been over 300 domains and it's been 8 months since the last sale in 2018. I haven't received any offer or sales so far. I'm so discouraged right now. Can you guys please give me some advices?
Thank you.
ok do this:
- listed your domains here https://www.namepros.com/categories/marketplace.243/
with cheap price first, after sold some, you can increasing the price for the other

- send emails to some potential buyer, that is established websites, that matching your domain
i suggest 1 domain send email to at least 10 potential buyer

you should sold some in the few days-weeks again, dont be greedy about the price for first, at least you sold 1 or some first, you can edit the price anytime too

Last edited:
•••
Hard to answer without seeing your portfolio. Either show your portfolio or at least list your top ten names.

•••
Are you selling with Make Offer or BIN prices. What was your average price sale before. A lot of people are liking Undeveloped. I don't see it myself. But are you using them? Do you have a website? What other venues are you posting your domains on? (Be specific). But as others have said. It's probably the domains in your portfolio. You can PM me your list of domains, and I will give you my honest opinion. Or you should ask somebody else you trust to give you their opinion.

Last edited:
•••
This thread is an exercise in futility, so I am moving on....

•••
•••
•••
For me until now 3 domains.
First year sold 1 domain $1 venue flippa auction
Second year sold 1 domain $1 venue NP auction
Third year (now) sold 1 domain $5K via inbound email whois.

My english is poor. I make google translate for learn and reads about domaining. And i believe there is luck.
The key to business domaining, i think is about quality domains. And to find the quality needed to learn and read to understand this business.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Back