Domain Empire

advice 8 months without a single sale, please give some advice

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joshua16

Established Member
Impact
My domain portfolio has been over 300 domains and it's been 8 months since the last sale in 2018. I haven't received any offer or sales so far. I'm so discouraged right now. Can you guys please give me some advices?
Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 11.27.32 PM.png

The avatar probably doesn't help :sneaky:

•••
For me until now 3 domains.
First year sold 1 domain $1 venue flippa auction
Second year sold 1 domain $1 venue NP auction
Third year (now) sold 1 domain $5K via inbound email whois.

My english is poor. I make google translate for learn and reads about domaining. And i believe there is luck.
The key to business domaining, i think is about quality domains. And to find the quality needed to learn and read to understand this business.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Sales are streaky, but good domains get offers.

If you are not getting inquires or offers I think it is likely a good indication of the quality of domains you are holding.

Brad

•••
Are you an old man or something? The avatar is just for fun, not related to my nature and domain too.

The business world is like an old man, appreciating collected presentation and professionalism. The world judges (often unconsciously) on these minor aesthetics details.

Last edited:
•••
The 3 avatars you have used tells us all we need to know about your professionalism 🙄 Maybe you need to take this a little more seriously if you want good results.

•••
Judging by your undeveloped portfolio, your names are hot garbage and it's obvious why you don't make any sales. It's a bunch of misspelled junk and random combinations of words and numbers. You have over 1,000 names ... that's close to $1,000 a month in renewal costs... you are literally setting your money on fire.

Try coming up with a strategy and figuring out potential buyers for your name before you buy the name? You are throwing a lot of 💩at the wall to see what sticks and that is the worst possible business strategy.

Even if you got these names for $1 each ... that's $1,000 you could have used to buy 2 really good domains or one great domain. Instead your strategy is ... I don't even know what your trying to accomplish here honestly.

•••
Please give me some advice

Lets start by saying you cannot possibly go from 300 to 1000 domains in a few days and have any substantial quality there.

I would suggest you stop registering on focus more on quality instead of quantity.

•••
Sure,here is it
omedh.com
7peg.com
lovesdh.com
pow9.com
zsdrj.com
nhaco.co
simhn.co
tolhy.com
njstx.com
dmnfs.com
Little wonder you haven't sold nor had inquiries in 8 months. If this is your top ten, your portfolio is simply a pile of junk domain names. You won't be able to make a sale with these even in 100years. Sorry!

Last edited:
•••
You are right
I am really confused and panic about the renewal fees but absolutely no revenue on those names.
so I opened this thread wants help from you guys.
Please let me know what should i do?

Put all of your names into a 55-gallon drum and set them on fire. Never look back. You wasted your money. Learn your lessons and never buy another domain name until you figure out what you're doing.

Not only are your names bad, but you have a few dubious potential trademark issues going on. appelestore, kirkstater, goooglecom. 🤦‍♀️

•••
This thread is an exercise in futility, so I am moving on....

•••
Sure,here is it
omedh.com
7peg.com
lovesdh.com
pow9.com
zsdrj.com
nhaco.co
simhn.co
tolhy.com
njstx.com
dmnfs.com

I'd suggest you keep tolhy.com, and probably leave the rest of them.

Here's the simplest advice I can give. Only buy expired domains for awhile. If you are about to buy a domain, look around online to see if any other business exists with that particular name or has existed with that same name.

If there are over 7 billion people in the world and there is no proof that multiple people have tried to run a business using that name or are currently using the same business name, that is a bad sign. Because even when you have a domain that matches the exact business name of active and past businesses, it still has a low probability of selling. So, why would you want to put yourself in an even worse position and buy a domain based on a term that no one in the world has ever pursued commercially?

For example, I bought ASliceAbove//com last year. It was previously used for a cake company, and there are 2 other Pizza Businesses with the same name. As an experiment, I tried outbound for this domain at $450 because I thought it was a guaranteed sale. But, the owners were perfectly happy with their ASliceAboveOtherWord//com domain. No interest in switching their name, or even pointing the name to their existing site and both of these business actually take orders online.

Spend time going through all your names and performing the same type of lookups to see if that name is actively used for any businesses. Only count businesses that are actually making money, or look like they are spending money on their brand. I did this for my names, and in the last 40 days alone I saved $483.55 in renewals, then I put most of it towards 1 of 2 payments for a $600 brandable 4 letter domain.

Last edited:
•••
Well.I'm going to change another avatar, look at this picture and you can judge me.

Your really think that is an appropriate avatar?

I am guessing NamePros has a TOS against that kind of image.

Brad

•••
Number of domains in a portfolio doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of those domains. I will advice you to tweak your portfolio and fill it more with better domains, while eliminating the bad ones.

Most times, it take a while for a domain to sell. Definitely you're not alone in this, many Domainers are going through same scenario. Just be patient and try harder.

•••
Are you selling with Make Offer or BIN prices. What was your average price sale before. A lot of people are liking Undeveloped. I don't see it myself. But are you using them? Do you have a website? What other venues are you posting your domains on? (Be specific). But as others have said. It's probably the domains in your portfolio. You can PM me your list of domains, and I will give you my honest opinion. Or you should ask somebody else you trust to give you their opinion.

Last edited:
•••
My advice for people who wants to sell anything

1, determine WHO do you want to sell to? small business, local restaurants? large corporations? startups? investors? flippers?

2, determine you have WHAT they want: do you have the domain name that your target buyer could use? or they could sell and make money?

3, determine HOW you will sell them: Are you listing them where your audience can see them? Are you pricing them so your target is willing to buy? Do they have the money?

On the side note about the avatar, there is a reason some of the largest corporations are very conservative. Because when billions of dollars are at stake, they don’t want the risk of offending ANYONE!

•••
•••
My domain portfolio has been over 300 domains and it's been 8 months since the last sale in 2018. I haven't received any offer or sales so far. I'm so discouraged right now. Can you guys please give me some advices?
Thank you.

300 domains is only about 3k in reg fees per year, that's a pretty small holding cost. If you have decent names hold them for a number of years and even one big sale will wipe out all costs. Trust me on that one, time is you friend if you hold on to good domains.

•••
Price them to sell rather than best possible outcome and some. I don't even have my landing sorted but if the landing page is right and so is pricing or make offer you might find better sales. You still want the buyer to be typing your domain in not seeing elsewhere but all is good for leads.

Last edited:
•••
Eight months ago ,I had a few sales
So sad to hear you say that.
Sorry. maybe I was a bit harsh but I'm really not feeling those names. Try and improve your portfolio with good names. It's better to have few that are good than to have many worthless names

•••
Eight months ago ,I had a few sales
So sad to hear you say that.
In my early days I made some sales due to luck, so I bought more domains but they weren't so great. Making a few sales is a good sign but it's the long-term trend that tells if you're on the right track :xf.wink:

Why would I drop it? Eight months ago, I sold a few pieces.
so I think my portfolio is good
Maybe you sold those names simply because that were better than the rest. Not all domains have the same odds of selling.

But if you have 300 names and assuming they are .com at $8/yr each you are looking at a yearly renewal expense of 2.5K. So you need to make that much in sales every year before you even turn a profit. It's easier said than done.

The top ten names you listed are bad. Random domains with no meaning. If they are representative of the portfolio, then I think you should drop a lot, then you'll have disposable income that you can use to buy quality domains. Buy fewer but better domains.

•••
I'm in a similar situation as the OP accept the fact I've never sold a domain. It's been 1 year today that I started buying domains ( yes a lot of crap. But reading and learning a lot through namepros). I've never sold a domain, never had an offer, never had an enquiry, never had spam. It's like they are invisible. Got them on Sedo, afternic and undeveloped. DNS pointing to undeveloped.
99% bounce rate according to Google analytics. My best ones in my opinion are
Solarpodz
Kannabliz
Botzila
BreezeGen
BrailleAssistant
CBDadz
CloudKio
CookieZero
Crudica
EnergyRanker
FoodFest360
Ginnking
Hempola
IceTrolly
Moouv
NaturalHempExtract
NavMapz
Rankinz
RetailGasm
Shoeshac
Vibrogasm
Windpowa
XRgameDesign

All dot coms

There must be something there that's worth something.

I've been doing this for less than a year and had several sales. Before you buy another name, listen to every single DomainSherpa portfolio review from the beginning. You will learn far more than reading Namepros (because there's so much crap to sift through here and conflicting opinions and bad advice)

I can tell you already that you're wasting money on being too clever with the "z" (instead of s) and "a" (instead of -er) and other misspellings (shac instead of shack).

•••
I've been doing this for less than a year and had several sales. Before you buy another name, listen to every single DomainSherpa portfolio review from the beginning. You will learn far more than reading Namepros (because there's so much crap to sift through here and conflicting opinions and bad advice)

I can tell you already that you're wasting money on being too clever with the "z" (instead of s) and "a" (instead of -er) and other misspellings (shac instead of shack).

Good Advice.

•••
Are you an old man or something? The avatar is just for fun, not related to my nature and domain too.

What domains are you selling? Hard to say more without knowing.

•••
I have 350 domains and sold 1 domain every month 90% hand reg in my portfolio so i can say you collecting crapy names if you can show us some of your domains then you can get better opinion.

•••
What percentage of your portfolio is .COM ? What platforms are you listed on ? If you dont want to list your portfolio, then at least give us something else to go on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back