Dynadot

7L ONE! WORD! DOT COM - I Just bought for $50 BIN!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Ok guys I'm actully shaking ....atm..this JUST HAPPENED

I was listing my names on Aftneric and like always , I like to view the homepage when I submit them and they show up on "Newly listed homepage"

I noticed a word with a $50 BIN price and said that cant be the correct spelling...nooo wayy.... an it was, I checked twice to make sure, BAM google says 100% correct spelling and definition... I'm not crazy.

I bought and paid for it as fast as I could. I have the receipt and all showing I paid for it. Email from Aftneric says 1-3 business days to finalize .

OBVIOUSLY someone slipped up and missed the zeros, or meant to put in the 'make offer" for that price (NOT MY FAULT) ....MY big question....

Since this a a POWER WORD! 7L .com reg since 1995 and is related /used in one of TOP current niches..... Will Afternic reverse my payment order once they OG owner realizes their mistake and makes a complaint ( Can they legally )?????

it's been renewed up to 2023 btw

I'm shaking from what just happen as I type this.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
in the future, i would wait for it to hit your account before you count your chickens,

Yea thanks already thought about that lol, I learned from this already.

Next time I'm in this situation I'll keep it to my self unless it pans out then share afterwards .

Sorry for the false alarms guys .

•••
What you have experienced is "acute domain euphoria". A very severe case indeed, but this is what keeps most coming back.:xf.grin:....

•••
Too bad. But crazy things happen sometimes. I have one such story that happened to me with a domain that I got for an insane price, but I'll save it for when the sale happens. :)

•••
I can only imagine the feeling, you couldn't wait to share :) you did nothing wrong.

Sorry you won't be getting the name, at least you tried.

•••
”Too good to to be true” scenarios almost always end up just that. However, a few times in our lifetime, we might be extremely lucky, so a good try, I say!

•••
With all that excitement in your mind, I would just pray that you can sleep well for the next 2-3 nights..!!

•••
•••
I bought Streetwear.com once through GoDaddy for $50, also a scam ;)

•••
It’s rare but possible on Sedo sometimes when seller does not understand the value of name and accept Sedo sugggested price while listing.

Thanks

•••
I got Puke.com for 100$ on afternic a few months back, got refunded. :oops:

May you get lucky (y)

•••
I did see not to long back somebody bought a 3L.com for i think $2999 on Sedo, i presume they got the domain too as it was all recorded on Namebio

Last edited:
•••
I got Puke.com for 100$ on afternic a few months back, got refunded. :oops:

May you get lucky (y)

Thanks but already posted the email... it got canceled :( couldn't verify owner..

If you're just tuning in and don't feel like back tracking the name was

REEFER .Com what a bummer

•••
I did see not to long back backbody bought a 3L.com for i think $2999 on Sedo, i presume they got the domain too as it was all recorded on Namebio

Nice!!

yea I was hoping and praying it was legit listing and set as a fast transfer..but many here were correct..too good to be true usually means just that.

•••
If i saw a good domain like that for $50 id buy it in the hope it was genuine, most of the time will probably end in a refund but id kick myself if i didnt get it and it turned out to be genuine

•••
Afternic ownership verification doesn't work properly. Just last year there were 3 LLL.com domains for $2k each buy it now, they got me too :banghead:

•••
there are so many one word .com free to register !

•••
•••
Big names making silly mistakes is really a matter of concern. The same kind of incident happened to me also not once but several times.. At the end all we got back is what we paid.

•••
Same thing happened to me wasn't a one word but was a good name, paid for it got receipt... the next day get an email saying there was a mistake.

•••
Wow that was exciting. We should thank @Joe Styler for the great job his company is doing.
Keep up the good work afternic

•••
The other side of this scam is people listing thousands of domains they don't own at massive BIN prices. One sells, they use Godaddy private offers to try to get it for less (usually do), and they made themselves a cool $5k to $10k for simply listing the name at Afternic.

Case in point... https://www.afternic.com/sholiviks

Don't turn to Afternic to solve this issue though, they are fully aware.

•••
I bought Nup.com for $300 back about 3 or 4 years ago on GD auctions and it successfully went through and I sold it for $25K on flippa so anything is possible

•••
I once saw inventor(.)com on Afternic's newly listed names for $1800.

I didn't even bother.

Within 45 minutes it was gone.

If it looks like duck, and walks like a duck... it's a duck.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back