Dynadot

7L ONE! WORD! DOT COM - I Just bought for $50 BIN!!

NameSilo
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Ok guys I'm actully shaking ....atm..this JUST HAPPENED

I was listing my names on Aftneric and like always , I like to view the homepage when I submit them and they show up on "Newly listed homepage"

I noticed a word with a $50 BIN price and said that cant be the correct spelling...nooo wayy.... an it was, I checked twice to make sure, BAM google says 100% correct spelling and definition... I'm not crazy.

I bought and paid for it as fast as I could. I have the receipt and all showing I paid for it. Email from Aftneric says 1-3 business days to finalize .

OBVIOUSLY someone slipped up and missed the zeros, or meant to put in the 'make offer" for that price (NOT MY FAULT) ....MY big question....

Since this a a POWER WORD! 7L .com reg since 1995 and is related /used in one of TOP current niches..... Will Afternic reverse my payment order once they OG owner realizes their mistake and makes a complaint ( Can they legally )?????

it's been renewed up to 2023 btw

I'm shaking from what just happen as I type this.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Usually when it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true. But maybe you'll get lucky. It happens sometimes. Keep us posted!

•••
Usually when it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true. But maybe you'll get lucky. It happens sometimes. Keep us posted!

Well ...The story is TRUE......my luck being that some kink will get thrown in do to the "error by lister" IDK! But I'm shaking right now and can't believe it.

All I know is I "bought" and "paid" for something , with proof of purchase.

Last edited:
•••
Not doubting that the story is true. But the owner will very likely not agree to sell it for $50. But... who knows. Sometimes people who have no idea how much domains are worth are listing stuff. I hope for you this'll be the case.

•••
My Bank Account already shows the Deduction of $50 by Afternic

•••
Ok guys I'm actully shaking ....atm..this JUST HAPPENED

I was listing my names on Aftneric and like always , I like to view the homepage when I submit them and they show up on "Newly listed homepage"

I noticed a word with a $50 BIN price and said that cant be the correct spelling...nooo wayy.... an it was, I checked twice to make sure, BAM google says 100% correct spelling and definition... I'm not crazy.

I bought and paid for it as fast as I could. I have the receipt and all showing I paid for it. Email from Aftneric says 1-3 business days to finalize .

OBVIOUSLY someone slipped up and missed the zeros, or meant to put in the 'make offer" for that price (NOT MY FAULT) ....MY big question....

Since this a a POWER WORD! 7L .com reg since 1995 and is related /used in one of TOP current niches..... Will Afternic reverse my payment order once they OG owner realizes their mistake and makes a complaint ( Can they legally )?????

it's been renewed up to 2023 btw

I'm shaking from what just happen as I type this.

Afternic has a weird way of verifying names. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I think, what happened is that the owner was listing Word dot some other extension and by mistake typed in .com

So it is probably .org, .biz or .info or similar.

Happened to me when I was listing my names and typing them in among bunch of .coms I had one .us name that I still typed in as .com (NNNN.us) Within 24 hours someone clicked buy it now for an apparent steal. My question to Afternic basically was weren't you guys supposed to verify that the name is in my account before showing it to public as you do for most other names for which I get emails requiring confirmation?

•••
It's a scam.

Last edited:
•••
If I remember well, last year there was multiple cases where you could buy some truly premium names for 2-3 figures on Afternic. All turned out to be a scam. There was a thread about it here on NP, I will try to dig it out if I can.
I'm not saying that's the case here, but as SuperBrander said, when it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true.

I hope you indeed made a deal tho, that would be really inspirational.

•••
Afternic has a weird way of verifying names. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I think, what happened is that the owner was listing Word dot some other extension and by mistake typed in .com

So it is probably .org, .biz or .info or similar.

Happened to me when I was listing my names and typing them in among bunch of .coms I had one .us name that I still typed in as .com (NNNN.us) Within 24 hours someone clicked buy it now for an apparent steal. My question to Afternic basically was weren't you guys supposed to verify that the name is in my account before showing it to public as you do for most other names for which I get emails requiring confirmation?

Wekk both my emails and Receipts say and state " XXXXXX.com"

BTW I Meant 6 L.... 6L SIX LETTERS!!!

my title is wrong

It's a 6 letter word!!!!!!

sorry shows how shook I am

Last edited:
•••
I probably would have done the same thing if I saw a great name at an unbelievable price.

Fact is though, that there are many possible outcomes.

Domain owner might have made a mistake and not honor it.
Domain owner might have already sold the name
Domain listing might be fake

There are a lot of scenarios, but in the meantime, enjoy the feeling and keep your fingers crossed!

•••
Is there an active website on the domain?

•••
I probably would have done the same thing if I saw a great name at an unbelievable price.

Fact is though, that there are many possible outcomes.

Domain owner might have made a mistake and not honor it.
Domain owner might have already sold the name
Domain listing might be fake

There are a lot of scenarios, but in the meantime, enjoy the feeling and keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks guys I'm hoping I made some crazy lucky score for the record books ....but yes you all are right usually when it's too good to be true it is.....

I'm so messed up right now I counted the numbers wrong so if you haven't seen my last post

it's a 6 L..................not 7

•••
Is there an active website on the domain?

Just a i for Sale, but not a full blown running wesbite.

on a Wixs for sale page page

so no , NO website, just a for sale page

Last edited:
•••
Fake news! SAD!

I hope it’s legit for your sake, what is the name of you don’t mind? Or maybe a hint?

•••
Fake news! SAD!

I hope it’s legit for your sake, what is the name of you don’t mind? Or maybe a hint?

NOT fake news this is real...I can show you the Receipt/email from Aftnic once we see if I actully get it ! Im not BSING !!

As for sharing the name...I will as soon as it's in my account...i'm affraid of of tipping anything/one off that could change the outcome, unless this person just Happen to won the name and know NOTHING of it's value...and decide to sell it because they have it from whenever they bought it and for whatever reason.

Here's the only hint I'm giving..you can use it, sell it, and it's not just applied to one niche..but is USED by 1 niche very in-particular......

•••
6l dictionary .com from 1995...for 50 bucks. The listing is either old, bogus or typo in the price. I always do extensive whois research before buying these kinds of names..

You can see last updated time, nameservers other hints through proper whois.

If it's a price typo, I wonder if you'll still get it, seller unawares..he will regret Fast Transfer.

•••
It's a fake listing.... some moron keeps posting these for sale on Afternic for $50 and nothing seems to be done about it until it's too late.

•••
No one in their right mind is selling a dictionary 23 year old domain for $50.

•••
only reason why I dont think its fake and maybe a price typo is the fact the name is for sale at the address too....without a price

•••
Yep to good to be true.. that didn't last long :( the rush was fun though.

Dear Robert,

Unfortunately, we couldn’t verify domain ownership of the seller. As a result, your recent purchase of reefer.com has been cancelled and a refund has been issued through the original payment method.

Please note that refunds are normally processed by your payment provider and/or issuing bank within 5-10 business days. Some providers may hold the funds for a full billing cycle or longer.

For further information, or if you require assistance locating a refund, please reach out to your financial institution.

To contact Afternic customer support, simply log in to your account:

https://www.afternic.com/

Sincerely,

The Afternic Domain Team

•••
Yep to good to be true.. that didn't last long :( the rush was fun though.

Dear Robert,

Unfortunately, we couldn’t verify domain ownership of the seller. As a result, your recent purchase of reefer.com has been cancelled and a refund has been issued through the original payment method.

Please note that refunds are normally processed by your payment provider and/or issuing bank within 5-10 business days. Some providers may hold the funds for a full billing cycle or longer.

For further information, or if you require assistance locating a refund, please reach out to your financial institution.

To contact Afternic customer support, simply log in to your account:

https://www.afternic.com/

Sincerely,

The Afternic Domain Team

:cigar: Yeah sounds about right

•••
in the future, i would wait for it to hit your account before you count your chickens,

•••
lol this always happens on afternic. They need to do a better job a verifying domain names before posting on their marketplace.

•••
a while back someone bought uber.com on afternic for $200. :xf.grin:

We all know how the story ended.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back