Domain Empire

788 of my domains have been stolen, buyers be aware

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have just got YXL.com back with the help of Godaddy.com. hopefully i will get the rest of the domains back as well.

i think i've just had enough of domains for now...and i have put yxl.com in the sedo.com/greatdomains.com premium domain auction ending on August 28th, if you want it, bid for it....
http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?language=e&auction_id=39386

godaddy.com was really quick to investigate and return my domain yxl.com.

the rest of the domains were in a different account and i did not update some of their whois info as i should've, so i stand a good chance of losing quite a few of them....

my advice to others would be:
1.update your whois info if you don't want to lose your domains...
2. Keep your computer secure...if something looks wrong with your computer, it probably is; so reinstall your computer, believe you me, it's worth it. that's the only way that you can be sure that you've rid of the viruses.
3. keep your email accounts secure; my emails were compromised, and i subsequently lost my domains; i'm just glad that i got my email accounts back in the end....
4. set up different accounts at godaddy...using different passwords...so even if one of your accounts is compromised, you wouldn't lose them all
5. keep a log of your domains just in case...godaddy wouldn't give me a list of my lost domains for security reasons...so even though i know the number of domains i lost, i don't know exactly what they are....even if you've got receipts of them, it takes a long time to compile the list (if you've got many domains, that is)

the hackers details in whois are as follows, he may change it later:

some of his emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Aydin Bolourizadeh
3250 W. Commercial Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: JIEMENG.COM
Created on: 13-May-04
Expires on: 13-May-09
Last Updated on: 08-Aug-08

Administrative Contact:
Bolourizadeh, Aydin
3250 W. Commercial Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
United States
5745843790 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Bolourizadeh, Aydin
3250 W. Commercial Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
United States

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
just got YXL.com back ....

a good lesson learnt.

if you've got valuable domains, the following is what you should do,if you've not done it yet, do it now:

* Never share your username and password with another party. If it is pertinent that someone other than you login to the account to make changes to the domain name, you should immediately change the password after these changes have been made.

* To ensure that your domain name does not transfer, expire, or get stolen, sign up for Protected Registration. it costs around $25 at godaddy.com

* set the password in a series of numbers, letters, and symbols. Additionally, do not use this same password for any other account or on any other Internet site.

* Make sure that the registrant listed is the exact person or entity you wish to have legal rights over the domain name. Additionally, make sure you have a valid business license for the company listed and a government-issued photo ID for the person listed as the registrant. That way, if you do lose access to your account you can prove the identity of the registrant.

* Continually confirm that the administrative email address is updated so that the customer is notified of any changes to the domain name. Do not allow the email address to expire because this allows someone else to sign up for the email address, providing easy access to the account and domain name.

•••
Glad to hear you got YKL.com back. It was similar to my situation with ZRU(.)com!

How did the rest of your 788 domains fare?

Jeremiah

•••
sidekick_33 said:
Glad to hear you got YKL.com back. It was similar to my situation with ZRU(.)com!

How did the rest of your 788 domains fare?

Jeremiah

jeremiah, i'm glad that i listened to you, thanks man.

godaddy.com was really quick to investigate and return my domain yxl.com.

the rest of the domains were in a different account and i did not update some of their whois info as i should've, so i stand a good chance of losing quite a few of them....

so my advice to others would be:
1.update your whois info if you don't want to lose your domains...
2. Keep your computer secure...if something looks wrong with your computer, it probably is; so reinstall your computer, believe you me, it's worth it. that's the only way that you can be sure that you've rid of the viruses.
3. keep your email accounts secure; my emails were compromised, and i subsequently lost my domains; i'm just glad that i got my email accounts back in the end....
4. set up different accounts at godaddy...using different passwords...so even if one of your accounts is compromised, you wouldn't lose them all

•••
how did they steal them? did they get your password?

•••
hi trend, may i ask about Protected Registration. its cost $25 for all domains or just one?

•••
ran_doank said:
hi trend, may i ask about Protected Registration. its cost $25 for all domains or just one?

$25 per domain. don't use it on all of your domains, just use on the ones that you think is worth it....

to find out more go to godaddy.com:
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/protect/landing.asp?ci=9004

zachary0611 said:
how did they steal them? did they get your password?

computer was compromised...and yes, passwords were stolen using Keylogging trojan virus....

•••
Oh man. Sad thing to happen to any domainer.
Hope you get back all your domains.
Time to double check on all my domain names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back