Dynadot

788 of my domains have been stolen, buyers be aware

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have just got YXL.com back with the help of Godaddy.com. hopefully i will get the rest of the domains back as well.

i think i've just had enough of domains for now...and i have put yxl.com in the sedo.com/greatdomains.com premium domain auction ending on August 28th, if you want it, bid for it....
http://www.sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?language=e&auction_id=39386

godaddy.com was really quick to investigate and return my domain yxl.com.

the rest of the domains were in a different account and i did not update some of their whois info as i should've, so i stand a good chance of losing quite a few of them....

my advice to others would be:
1.update your whois info if you don't want to lose your domains...
2. Keep your computer secure...if something looks wrong with your computer, it probably is; so reinstall your computer, believe you me, it's worth it. that's the only way that you can be sure that you've rid of the viruses.
3. keep your email accounts secure; my emails were compromised, and i subsequently lost my domains; i'm just glad that i got my email accounts back in the end....
4. set up different accounts at godaddy...using different passwords...so even if one of your accounts is compromised, you wouldn't lose them all
5. keep a log of your domains just in case...godaddy wouldn't give me a list of my lost domains for security reasons...so even though i know the number of domains i lost, i don't know exactly what they are....even if you've got receipts of them, it takes a long time to compile the list (if you've got many domains, that is)

the hackers details in whois are as follows, he may change it later:

some of his emails:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Aydin Bolourizadeh
3250 W. Commercial Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: JIEMENG.COM
Created on: 13-May-04
Expires on: 13-May-09
Last Updated on: 08-Aug-08

Administrative Contact:
Bolourizadeh, Aydin
3250 W. Commercial Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
United States
5745843790 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Bolourizadeh, Aydin
3250 W. Commercial Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
United States

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow 788 domains tht's a lot

didn't you tried contacting godaddy

•••
Can you share the list so we all domainers are aware before malking a deal?

•••
Hey trendicator,

I am sorry to hear about your loss, but if possible please post a list of domains, so we can watchout for them when buying.

Thanks S!

•••
i just know the extact number, many of them are of good quality, godaddy.com has yet to send me a list and i don't have a log of my names.

the hacker has parked 2 of my good earning domains at RevenueDirect:

filelime.com
ChineseFoodMadeEasy.com

i contacted RevenueDirect and ask them to stop the parking of the domains, their reply was:

As a domain parking and monetization company we cannot verify whether this domain has been stolen or not. The only thing that would violate our terms of service would be if the traffic coming from the domain were bad, which it doesn’t appear to be.

Please take this matter up with your registrar, GoDaddy. If you recover the domains you can change the name servers so that the domains are no longer parked with our service.

Thank you,

RevenueDirect​

i understand the company's position, but still...i'm not happy...

Last edited:
•••
yxl.com :o very nice 3l dot com

•••
sorry to hear that trendicator, I hope you get them back :(

•••
that is really bad news for you, the sooner you can get a list up the sooner we all may be able to help.

Hope godaddy will assist you with your bad luck.

All the best

•••
Damn it , I'm really sorry to hear this

Better find a professional lawyer asap to handle this issue

Wish you all the best

•••
trendicator truly sorry to hear this ...

how was it compromised ? what happened exactly ?

did you go to a specific site ? phishing ? downloaded a program ?

•••
what happened exactly ? your PC is hacked ?

•••
Hey Trendicator,

I have spoken with you already about the stolen domains from GoDaddy. I dealt with them about 2 weeks ago in regards to several quad premium LLLL.com and an LLL.com that got stolen from my eNom account.

If you are able to find out how your computer got compromised, I would be intrigued to know. I do not know how someone was able to access my GoDaddy, eNom and Sedo accounts, and perhaps the same method was used on you and I.

Overall I was impressed with how GoDaddy handled the situation, just try to follow whatever they ask and require and in time it should work itself out.

Let me know if any progress is made,
Jeremiah

•••
Please keep us updated, it is vital that you post the domains stolen, to make sure we don't buy them.

•••
Idees said:
Please keep us updated, it is vital that you post the domains stolen, to make sure we don't buy them.

Also we can keep track of who is trying to sell them to others and pin

down the culprit.

•••
this is very sad news, the OP is the careless one who allowed outsiders to get access to his account... all my files and client ids are password protected.. and each one has its own password...

i hope you get them all back, if the domains were pushed to another godaddy account, then this case has a good chance in reversing the hijack.. just contact Adam Dicker!

•••
sorry to know that situation, i hope you get it all back.

•••
I am really sorry to hear that....anyway to show us a complete list of your domains?
So that we can avoid buying those names?

•••
Yes but how will we know that this are your domains?

If someone comes and wants to sell some domain names then? What will happen if someone will buy it. It will create more mess. Then poor buyers will find themselves into trouble because your domains got hacked but you didn't mentioned them here.

Why don't you list those names so someone can refer to it.

Thanks.

•••
Wow thats terrible to hear.

Hope you get them back.

•••
I think he can't remember all his names...that's a lot man!!!!

•••
Do make sure we are not buying your domains, we would have to stop buying domains altogether, and that's surely to much to ask.
trendicator said:
don't buy any of my domains for now

•••
Sorry to hear of your loss! This should be a warning to everyone how important it is to keep your own records of all domains and expiry dates.

•••
I think it's definitely a good idea to take screen-shots (or make print-outs)
of your userpanel periodically- showing all names with expiry dates.

OP, I hope you recover the names.

•••
Sorry to hear about the loss trendicator.
Maybe domainers should invest in a good domain management program to safeguard those domains.

If you do have not the complete list how do you track your renewals and messages?

Wish you all the best in recovery of your domains.

•••
it's been a few unfortunate days for me.......but it looks like i will get some of my domains back.

i will give you guys the update once i get a definite notification from godaddy.com.

and thank you very much for your kind support...i mean it...

if i do get my domains back, first thing i will do is to tell you all as what happened and what caution needs to be taken if you don't want the same thing repeat on you....

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back