IT.COM

GoDaddy auctions - Buyers didn't pay for my domains for over two weeks now

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kamaz

Established Member
Impact
Hey Guys,

I'm wondering about what is going on with Godaddy auctions these days?

I sold like 4 domains there, one of them goes to Escrow. and none of the buyers submit the payments yet.

Everyone who won of my domains didn't pay for the domain, and Godaddy put the domain on pending payment for over a month.

Something weird is going on!

Guys, do you have any experience about this?

Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @Kamaz,
We're sorry to hear that; we'd recommend working with our support team at [email protected] to make sure this gets resolved and appropriate action is taken against any non-paying members.

•••
Hi @Kamaz,
We're sorry to hear that; we'd recommend working with our support team at [email protected] to make sure this gets resolved and appropriate action is taken against any non-paying members.
How much time usually takes for the domain to be available again for relisting?

one of the domains goes over a month and still in pending payment status.

•••
You have to send an email to [email protected] for each non paid sale to demand that they cancel the sales. Otherwise they will just sit there unpaid forever.

•••
Hi @Kamaz,
Dear GoDaddy Team, I had this issue several times now.
Payment not received/done: And nobody cares, The Hotline always tells us to write to [email protected]
They are responsive, that's not the issue.
But the issue for me is that when I don't pay on time, and for example, the Domain has a transfer lock for 55 Days, you still ask for the Money, which affects my flow for Trading and I have to wait. wait. and wait.
And if I wait with pay you write me the most creative things like locking my Auctions Account and all that stuff.
It was just one day ago, that we solved the transfer Issues. Transfer date: 18.12; Paid on like 30.09.
You can simply implement an Input Field for the Date when the Domain gets unlocked with a checkbox that the Information is true and not a lie (just a bit more professional).

Answer from GD: We don't check this, it's your responsibility. Nice.

I experienced sometimes the funniest use cases.
But one thing may be: Integrate the Auctions Team more into the Core Team, it can't be the case, that a helpful Service-Desk Employee is not able to do anything.

•••
Godaddy and Afternic are a mess these days.

Email Auctions at Godaddy.com or support at afternic.com and reply here if you get an answer in less than 72 hours. Aman Bhutani has really screwed these departments.

Last edited:
•••
You have to send an email to [email protected] for each non paid sale to demand that they cancel the sales. Otherwise they will just sit there unpaid forever.
Yeah I know that, the issue I'm facing right now, is why people keeps bidding for domains they don't want to pay them later. 4 domains in once and the buyers don't care at all. something is wrong, and I was thinking that because of holidays, but I smell something weird on Godaddy auctions these days.

•••
Godaddy and Afternic are a mess these days.

Email Auctions at Godaddy.com or support at afternic.com and reply here if you get an answer in less than 72 hours. Aman Bhutani has really screwed these departments.
Who's Aman Bhutani?

Keeping emailing them over and over on their email won't resolve my issue. for each email, I have to wait for another 24 hours to get an answer.

Godaddy should keep reminding the buyers to pay for their domains that they purchase. The 2nd issue is someone if he want your domain not to be sold on auctions, All he needs is to bid for your domain, and they will hold the domain for over 20 days. and re do it again and again for 4.99$.

•••
Who's Aman Bhutani?

Keeping emailing them over and over on their email won't resolve my issue. for each email, I have to wait for another 24 hours to get an answer.

Godaddy should keep reminding the buyers to pay for their domains that they purchase. The 2nd issue is someone if he want your domain not to be sold on auctions, All he needs is to bid for your domain, and they will hold the domain for over 20 days. and re do it again and again for 4.99$.
The CEO of godaddy.

Aman at godaddy.com

and

Abhutani at Godaddy.com

Try emailing him.

•••
Yeah I know that, the issue I'm facing right now, is why people keeps bidding for domains they don't want to pay them later. 4 domains in once and the buyers don't care at all. something is wrong, and I was thinking that because of holidays, but I smell something weird on Godaddy auctions these days.

this happens everywhere. People bid and then do not pay. They must have very sad lives if they find this entertaining. I stopped listing domains at godaddy auctions a while ago. They don't allow you to cancel bad sales easily. They make you wait longer than anyone else does and there is little support.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back