Dynadot

.us $75,000 .US Sale - Video.US

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just received an email from afternic (I had bid on it previously) that VIDEO.US sold for $75,000.

A little .US excitement.

eA

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If that's for real, belongs to AdoptableDomains ... congrats!

•••
Yes it's mine. I can confirm it is in escrow.

•••
Now thats a sale and a half! :tu:

Congrats!!!

•••
Huge. Video in general is huge right now. Perfect time to sell, great price to sell.

•••
Yup good timing for both parties. Nice name.

Skinny

•••
•••
wow,congrats good to see a great member get a nice sale
will this be the largest ever sale of a .us?

Last edited:
•••
WOOHOO! :tu:

Fantastic news for Mark (AdoptableDomains) and for the .US extension!

•••
75K may look like a lot of money for a .us but I am convinced that fast forward a few years we will look at this purchase as a smart investment.
Congrats Mark I think you made a solid buy :tu:

•••
sdsinc said:
75K may look like a lot of money for a .us but I am convinced that fast forward a few years we will look at this purchase as a smart investment.
I agree, and see the US extension taking some solid roots this year. Thousands of sites projected. Expect 2008 will heat up big time.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
Wow, congrats on the sale :)

•••
sdsinc said:
Congrats Mark I think you made a solid buy :tu:

Actually, I'm the seller, not the buyer. But, with the popularity of web and mobile video and the recent 1.8 Billion sale of YouTube to google, it may be that I'll look back on this as selling too cheap or too soon. I really think the 75K is a fair price for myself and the buyer based on the current market (assuming it clears escrow).

The nice thing is that people rarely buy at that price and not develop. Developed, it can bring more recognition to the .us TLD market.

The down side to a $75k sale is I'll probably owe $30k of it in taxes. :td: (...I don't intend to join Richard Hatch in jail)

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
Actually, I'm the seller, not the buyer. But, with the popularity of web and mobile video and the recent 1.8 Billion sale of YouTube to google, it may be that I'll look back on this as selling too cheap or too soon. I really think the 75K is a fair price for myself and the buyer based on the current market (assuming it clears escrow).

The nice thing is that people rarely buy at that price and not develop. Developed, it can bring more recognition to the .us TLD market.

The down side to a $75k sale is I'll probably owe $30k of it in taxes. :td: (...I don't intend to join Richard Hatch in jail)

Whatever may happen to it in the future - right now, that's a great sale IMO.

Congrats!

BTW, have you ever thought of moving your names into an offshore company?

•••
AdoptableDomains said:

Not if you invest it in more domains :)

•••
Don't worry about the tax hit....that's something we all have to face!

Well done....you're a .us ambassador!

•••
You got that right...find a 1031 administrator. With real estate you have like 45 days to select a list of potential investments and I think another 60 days to complete the transaction. Contact a CFP...

Congratulations on that whopper of a sale!
Lasher said:

•••
Lasher said:

Yes, but that's what got me to the point I now have $20k/yr. in renewal fees in my domain business and MUST continuously get solid sales volume. Too many domain investors have "grown themselves out of business". I've benefited from some of the domains they couldn't afford to renew.

•••
movingconcierge said:
You got that right...find a 1031 administrator. With real estate you have like 45 days to select a list of potential investments and I think another 60 days to complete the transaction. Contact a CFP...

Congratulations on that whopper of a sale!

I thought 1031 was just real estate. Be careful...

•••
Wow, very nice sale - congrats Mark

•••
Can we become Blood brothers?

AdoptableDomains said:

Great sale. Congrats. Here's hoping that some of that enthusiasm carries over to the remaining .US domains in the TRAFFIC auction.

OLB-Doc-Mr. P: We might even see how Bankers.us fares. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

•••
Congrats Mark - best of luck with you and taxes

oh if you see hatch in jail, can you get his autograph? :D

•••
Let's not cheer too loudly until it clears Escrow.

I see insure.us has a 10k bid on the front page of afternic too. Nice week for .US if these clear.

•••
That's really great news Mark. Let's hope the buyer develops the domain and helps generate more interest in the .us industry as a whole.

I haven't read the tax code lately, but I believe 1031 is just a like-kind exchange. For 1031 to apply, I believe Mark would have to swap video.us for other domains. But as Mark noted, if you are in doubt, be conservative. Don't temp the IRS...

Just curious, was there a NDA with the sale?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back