Domain Empire

60 day transfer lock Namecheap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jd854

Established Member
Impact
Roughly a week ago I moved to namecheap, and it is a nightmare situation. I've been more on the support chat then ever before, literally hours.
I want to move away from namecheap, now, within the so called 60 day transfer lock period. Some registrars allow, others are complicated about it.
Has anyone experience/success moving away from namecheap within the 60 days transfer lock period? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What TLD, .com?
Verisign doesn't lock it.
So start this transfer at the gaining registrar...

Last edited:
•••
Namecheap seems to have changed, albeit in ways I don't appreciate. I have a somewhat related issue to this.

I transferred some domains to them weeks ago. This made it necessary to delete and re-list them on Afternic for Fast Transfer eligibility. They had confirmed before the transfers that no fresh 60-day lock would be applied.

However, I needed to re-list those domains multiple times (at more than 24-hour intervals) on Afternic as instructed for their system to send the opt-in email at 08:00 UTC the next day. They have yet to send this email.

Something tells me they have probably activated the 60-day lock but won't tell me.

•••
Namecheap seems to have changed, albeit in ways I don't appreciate. I have a somewhat related issue to this.

I transferred some domains to them weeks ago. This made it necessary to delete and re-list them on Afternic for Fast Transfer eligibility. They had confirmed before the transfers that no fresh 60-day lock would be applied.

However, I needed to re-list those domains multiple times (at more than 24-hour intervals) on Afternic as instructed for their system to send the opt-in email at 08:00 UTC the next day. They have yet to send this email.

Something tells me they have probably activated the 60-day lock but won't tell me.

Same!! I kid you not!

I had to check if they were in “fast transfer”

And they were! (somehow) Still yet to get too.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back