IT.COM

60 day lock with Dan.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Myles R.

Established Member
Impact
Hello all,

I was just reading an article by Dan (can't post the link)
and they say that you can sell domains within the 60 day lock.

Is this still true in 2023?
As in the past few days I have bought domains that I think will sell (Bought on namecheap).

(I am a beginner by the way I have never properly used these marketplaces yet)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes you can sell domains within the 60 day lock.
When you sell one, they usually asks you just to push it internally to their account, in the same registrar.

Last edited:
•••
Yes you can sell domains within the 60 day lock.
When you sell one, they usually asks you just to push it internally in their account in the same registrar.
Ok, thank you so much. Time for me to list some domains then!

•••
I also contacted their support and they said that it's alright. Glad to see a marketplace that offers this.

•••
Afternic and Sedo offer this as well.
With the only difference that the are asking you to wait for the 60 days lock to end, to transfer them the domain.
But they do secure the payment from day 1, so there is no problem 99% of the times

•••
Afternic and Sedo offer this as well.
With the only difference that the are asking you to wait for the 60 days lock to end, to transfer them the domain.
But they do secure the payment from day 1, so there is no problem 99% of the times
Just to 100% confirm, Dan don't require both parties to wait 60 days? If so then that's good. I'll also upvote your replies once I get onto my computer, as it's not doing it on mobile for some reason.

Last edited:
•••
Hello all,

I was just reading an article by Dan (can't post the link)
and they say that you can sell domains within the 60 day lock.

Is this still true in 2023?
As in the past few days I have bought domains that I think will sell (Bought on namecheap).

(I am a beginner by the way I have never properly used these marketplaces yet)
As long as the domain stays within the same registrar ICAAN w/ ICAAN or IANA w/IANA etc., you can sell it next day. Well legally, will depend on who you used to register it. I had some nonsense from GD not too long ago. Had them look up the rules and all was good.

•••
Just to 100% confirm, Dan don't require both parties to wait 60 days? If so then that's good. I'll also upvote your replies once I get onto my computer, as it's not doing it on mobile for some reason.
Correct, DAN will ask you to push the domain the day you sell it.
The only requirement is for DAN to also use your registrar.
But they use the majority of the big ones, like Namecheap, GoDaddy, Dynadot, SAV
If you use a smaller one, you better ask them

•••
Why can't you post the link?

•••
Why can't you post the link?
At the time I put https in front of the URL and it popped up with I'm not allowed to post URLs yet (something like that). But I just realised I can post the link but without the HTTPS part (therefore I can't post hyperlinks).

So here's the link with no hyperlink attached to it:
medium.com/undeveloped/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

•••
Luckily I use namecheap so I should be alright. Thanks again for clarifying!
But they use the majority of the big ones, like Namecheap, GoDaddy, Dynadot, SAV

•••
One last thing, would the buyer still have to wait 60 days if they were to transfer the domain to a different registrar after the transaction has been completed? Because I think I heard that Dan could bypass the 60 day transfer lock, but I'm not sure.

•••
One last thing, would the buyer still have to wait 60 days if they were to transfer the domain to a different registrar after the transaction has been completed? Because I think I heard that Dan could bypass the 60 day transfer lock, but I'm not sure.
No need to answer this, I contacted Dan support. I probably shouldn't use this forum to get answers to questions that could be resolved by contacting their support

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back