IT.COM

information 5L.com and 7N.com Reg Stats

Spaceship
Watch
Hello everyone,
I see a lot of posts asking for this type of information, and also a lot of posts with inaccurate information, so I thought I would make this available to everyone.

If anyone sees a problem with any of my statistics please let me know...

5L.com and 7N.com Registration Statistics as of 1/4/16

Generic 5L.com
Total-----Registered-----Reg %-----Remaining-----Rem %

11,881,376-----3,694,022-----31.09%-----8,187,354-----68.91%

5L.com (CP)

3,200,000-----2,055,144-----64.22%-----1,144,856-----35.78%

Generic 7N.com

10,000,000-----1,205,399-----12.05%-----8,794,601-----87.95%

7N.com (no 0 or 4)
2,097,152-----988,097-----47.12%-----1,109,055-----52.88%

***Keep in mind that about 1-2% more domains are registered than noted here.
This report was pulled from the zone file which exempts any domains without nameservers. Which as best as I can tell runs about a 1-2% average.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guys on namepros are selling better 5L.com chips for $8-20, than that are being registered, or backordred for $69, the Chinese New Year may still be going on, but guys are spamming for domains, and people are buying

Last edited:
•••
It is not abnormal. Maybe Investors have a team or stuffs for bulk registeration :) or maybe they drink too much coffee for not to sleep :)

You snooze you lose :)

But when the rest of China finally wakes in the next 4 hours it might speed up even more.

•••
I have got TGTTT.Com :) and 1.6k 3 same letter patterns near a 100 citycode domains i hope those pays off :)

•••
Guys on namepros are selling better 5L.com chips for $8-20, than that are being registered, or backordred for $69, the Chinese New Year may still be going on, but guys are spamming for domains, and people are buying

I hate to plug my auctions...

Yeah I have 3 5L.com's for auction on NP (see my signature) right now.

Just a few I got but didn't really want. I'm just testing how auctions are with 5L's these days.

•••
•••
Once a sell out happens things really pick up, the whole lllll chips don't have to sell out, just a niche to be sold out. I am seeing this with 7n.com, "888" almost sold out to hand reg, and getting offers for my 7n.com's now with "888". Focus on a niche that sells out first, or close to selling out first, go after that niche. I only own 32 lllll.com but hand reg the last remaining AAbcd (chips) last month, no offers yet, but nice to see similar chips with that pattern getting backordered for $59+

•••
I have got TGTTT.Com :) and 1.6k 3 same letter patterns near a 100 citycode domains i hope those pays off :)

Wow you're hugely invested.
I think you're going to do just fine :)

•••
They go sleep exactly at 3:00 am )))
no regs last 15 minuts ))

That is quite possible there... The Chinese are very efficient :)

•••
I actually set my business to Chinese time, and even though I live in America, I decided I am going to celebrate Chinese New Year with them and party my ass off and do nothing for 1 week(lol)

Since the Chinese are sleeping right now, I am going to take a nap myself in America(lol) Wake me up when they wake up:))

•••
I bought 81 5l.coms in ABAAC & ABACA patterns at 10 each yesterday. Also, I bought 4 5L.coms in AAABC, ABCCC patterns at high xx. I had hand regged 300 plus city code + LLL as well.

•••
I said in another thread I bought 125 in November and closed 1 sale middle / end of January for $1,450 (started earlier but had to wait 60 days to transfer toGoDaddy). Paid for all of them and then some.

Still I dunno about bulk registering what's left for the sake of if. Course I said the same about 0/4 6N and I was clearly wrong on those. ;)

•••
Anyone who wants to register .com domains for 7$ each at godaddy contact me :)

Will be able to reg from tomorrow though my reg team is at sleep :(

Thanks.

•••
I bought 81 5l.coms in ABAAC & ABACA patterns at 10 each yesterday. Also, I bought 4 5L.coms in AAABC, ABCCC patterns at high xx. I had hand regged 300 plus city code + LLL as well.

Congrats.
But yesterday things had moved forward with speed of regs but nothing like today, so you would be unlikely to get those kind of prices now or soon at any rate if this mini rush carries on.

•••
I said in another thread I bought 125 in November and closed 1 sale middle / end of January for $1,450 (started earlier but had to wait 60 days to transfer toGoDaddy). Paid for all of them and then some.

Still I dunno about bulk registering what's left for the sake of if. Course I said the same about 0/4 6N and I was clearly wrong on those. ;)

I think the idea is as soon as the buyout nears, people buy them out even faster because they can easily flip an $8 reg fee 5L for $20+ overnight. Doesn't seem like much $8 to $20 but if you own a few 100 then it mounts up to a pretty penny and of course they have a year to sell them.

•••
I have some good 5l's and many other solid/average ones so now have 700+ in total.
I thought I had taken a big punt on these and taken a lot of risk and of course money invested.

Seeing some others above I see i'm not even a big player in 5l's lol.

•••
Here is what i think if you have invested in 3 same letters 70*700, 49k might take a bit time but that's the value of 3 same letters in my view.

Thanks.

•••
Though 40$ is more realistic but 70$ each is reasonable :)

Thanks.

•••
As long as we all can pay our renewal fees each year by liquidating the least valued ones first.

The idea would be we end up with many high valued 5L's left in time.

That's just my take on things, I might be wrong :)

•••
•••
The Chinese are back from there break, I have been getting spam on 3L.co, 5N.com, and 4L.com non stop, they are back with some spunk for sure. To bad they are still lowballing.

They move in phases, pick one niche, run it up, then move onto the next, so I am sure 5L will have it's day soon, as it gets closer to a sell out.

•••
28,89% available in my 50000 random generated 5L.com chips

0,5% within last few hours (~16K regs)

•••

The rush in regs is now most definitely on.
Interesting to see how things progress today and in the coming days.

•••

Eat, sleep, reg 5L, repeat... :xf.wink:

•••
28,66% available in my 50000 random generated 5L.com chips

3K-4K regs per hour

•••
Things are hotting up...

An old customer from China contacted me (via eBay) today asking if I wanted to sell some of my 5L at wholesale or if he could broker them for me on Chinese marketplaces.

I told him it was too soon yet and I was waiting for the buyout. He was saying he thinks 5L chip buyout will happen in May.

He asked to see my 5L with pricing.

I showed him all my 5L (via eBay) explaining that they are all "high" priced for today's market right now as I'm holding off (slow selling).

But he did mention: "Yes i agree, price is higher right now, but they are good domain."

I know it's only one person's point of view but it's always nice to talk to these guys and try to figure out which way things are heading.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back