IT.COM

sales $50M startup company uses .ai domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sohel momin

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And cant afford .com
Clowns.

•••
.com own by one of my friend since long time. Way before this new company founded.

Thanks

•••
•••
And cant afford .com
Clowns.

Did you read VianSystems.com is also owned by them ... or were you referring to them needing to own Vian.com ... did you bother to think that they tried to buy Vian.com which is a developed site - just because you have money doesn’t mean everything is for sale, unless it’s for a stupidly absurd price that is Not of market value - which would make no sense to the company to spend $1M + on Vian.com as an investment in their brand, when they have two great names ...

•••
They seem to own these: VianSystems (.com, .org and .net), VianaiSystems.com, Vian.ai, Vian.systems, Vianai.systems, Vianai (.net, .org, .info). Maybe they've got a domainer in their ranks 😂

Last edited:
•••
Did you read VianSystems.com is also owned by them ... or were you referring to them needing to own Vian.com ... did you bother to think that they tried to buy Vian.com which is a developed site - just because you have money doesn’t mean everything is for sale, unless it’s for a stupidly absurd price that is Not of market value - which would make no sense to the company to spend $1M + on Vian.com as an investment in their brand, when they have two great names ...

But I think still getting Vian.com or Vianai.com would be their best move even if it was 1M or more if they are going big.Investing in your web presence is a must when you have your own word available.

Last edited:
•••
They seem to own: VianSystems.com, VianaiSystems.com, Vian.ai, Vian.systems and Vianai.systems. Maybe they've got a domainer in their ranks 😂

Yup they surely understand the importance of owning such names which gives boost to their marketing arsenal.Then they must have know that they must also have Vian.com and Vianai.com too.Hopefully they will get it soon I think.

Last edited:
•••
The upgrade to the .com would be to getting the matching extension where the split coincides with the name/keyword. In this case, Vianai, they've already gotten the upgrade, a perfect combo with Vian and the ai extension. No reason to downgrade to the .com, where the acquisition would only be for forwarding purposes.

•••
But I think still getting Vian.com or Vianai.com would be their best move even if it was 1M or more if they are going big.Investing in your web presence is a must when you have your own word available.

Well let me tell you when you have a $1,000,000 and it’s investor money - you try convincing them that it’s a worthy investment in something you can’t even see physically ... the room would go silent, why do you think big domain sales don’t occur as often as they used to ... it’s all hush hush and marketing teams don’t understand domains like they used to, it takes a lot of powerful persuasion to get someone to see things from a domainers perspective

Even then - I don’t believe Vian.com is a seven figure name - in China they’ll offer you peanuts and in the USA people will ask what’s Vian ... these are your two biggest markets

•••
•••
Vianai.com, everything else is confusing. Keep it simple.

•••
.ai and .io are so amazing for entrepreneurs. great trend that people are moving off .com when it's not available.

•••
I do like .co as well! for those who cant afford .com

•••
.ai and .io are so amazing for entrepreneurs. great trend that people are moving off .com when it's not available.

Respect your opinion but disagree.

Lower case: .ai, .io
Upper case: .AI, .IO
Is it i/I or l/L?

Lower case: .com
Upper case: .COM

It just confuses people, and the "silver surfer" makes up the largest part of the market.

•••
I do like .co as well! for those who cant afford .com

Never registered a .co but it's on my list just for the simplicity factor. Anyone selling gold.co?

•••
Well let me tell you when you have a $1,000,000 and it’s investor money - you try convincing them that it’s a worthy investment in something you can’t even see physically ... the room would go silent, why do you think big domain sales don’t occur as often as they used to ... it’s all hush hush and marketing teams don’t understand domains like they used to, it takes a lot of powerful persuasion to get someone to see things from a domainers perspective

Even then - I don’t believe Vian.com is a seven figure name - in China they’ll offer you peanuts and in the USA people will ask what’s Vian ... these are your two biggest markets

The best way to win a boardroom argument for domain name purchase would be a valuable domain name in its own right, aside from the brand in question. If the company goes bust then vian.whatever will be totally worthless. If the brand was more generic, say ocean.com then in 5 years when everyone's clearing out their deskspace the domain will hold its value.

•••
.com own by one of my friend since long time. Way before this new company founded.

Thanks

But looks like he doesn't need dot com though

•••
. ai

Would beat

. Com

In organic seo all day long and twice on Sundays lol

•••
But looks like he doesn't need dot com though

My friend already received 4 different offers of $XXXXX from 4 different companies.

People need .com with right price.

Thanks

•••
. ai

Would beat

. Com

In organic seo all day long and twice on Sundays lol

I'm interested in your reasoning. Organic SEO considers a wide range of factors such as content, links, social media activity, site speed, mobile functionality, adherence to the Google Webmaster Guidelines, traffic stats, ratings, etc.
Plesse provide examples of two similar websites where .ai outranks a .com?

•••
I'm interested in your reasoning. Organic SEO considers a wide range of factors such as content, links, social media activity, site speed, mobile functionality, adherence to the Google Webmaster Guidelines, traffic stats, ratings, etc.
Plesse provide examples of two similar websites where .ai outranks a .com?

I don't go by facts and what companies want people to believe

I go by hunch instinct and guesswork based on my own analysis of where the Internet is at any given time and try to guess where the Internet is going And how it will get three etc

Of you look at any trade directory and there were plenty to look at pre Google

Numbers are listed first

Then alphabetical listings etc

.ai

Appears alphabetically before

.com

And will do this century and next

Then you have to establish why a person actually needs a website and many businesses still don't need and don't want a website for there business because some have been trading for years and have a queue of customers that use them time and time again and these customers would simply ring the business and talk through their requirements over the phone

People used to buy from businesses long before the Internet was invented

Not everyone buys from or needs the Internet etc

Life existed before Google

Websites do exist on website address extensions other than dot com

Dot com isn't everything as many would have people believe etc etc

•••
My friend already received 4 different offers of $XXXXX from 4 different companies.

People need .com with right price

Thanks[/QUOTE

I know what you're saying but countries outside the states and dot com is everything etc do just as well using their country's Cctld

. Co.uk

And

.uk

Are strong cctlds in the uk

Many large uk companies have only the
. Co.uk And. uk cctlds because their brands are household names because of decades of t v advertising and their huge multideck trucks going up and down the motorway s all day long and the huge stores in the high street etc

Not everyone needs a dot com

•••
Domain name investors that are trying to sell to uk companies should first watch a few uk truck vloggers who's dashcam footage much of which is motorway etc showing other uk trucks going down the motorways or seeing website addresses on the back of vans whilst the trucker is stuck in traffic etc should take note of the website addresses they see and note that that about 80%+ of uk Website addresses are

. Co.uk

And

. uk

Website addresses

So as I live in the uk And drive a truck on the motorway going up and down the uk motorways all day long looking at the website addresses on the back of uk trucks etc as I am also a domain name investor etc I see the website addresses used by uk businesses and they are doing just fine using a. Co.uk Or. uk Website address and do not need a. Com at all costs based on a myth that unless a business has a. Com it will never survive and all that rubbish

Horses for courses

Watch the following uk truck vloggers on YouTube and you'll see uk Website addresses on the back of trucks and you could even do a test to see how many dot com Website addresses you see compared with. Co.uk etc

Luke c in a hgv

Trucker jay in the uk

Kev tee

Scot Andrews

Etc all uk truck vloggers

Not every website address needs to be a dot com

•••
I don't go by facts and what companies want people to believe

I go by hunch instinct and guesswork based on my own analysis of where the Internet is at any given time and try to guess where the Internet is going And how it will get three etc

Of you look at any trade directory and there were plenty to look at pre Google

Numbers are listed first

Then alphabetical listings etc

.ai

Appears alphabetically before

.com

And will do this century and next

Then you have to establish why a person actually needs a website and many businesses still don't need and don't want a website for there business because some have been trading for years and have a queue of customers that use them time and time again and these customers would simply ring the business and talk through their requirements over the phone

People used to buy from businesses long before the Internet was invented

Not everyone buys from or needs the Internet etc

Life existed before Google

Websites do exist on website address extensions other than dot com

Dot com isn't everything as many would have people believe etc etc

.aiiiiiiiy!

•••
Back