Dynadot

$50 Paypal Logo Contest - Liquid Voltage, Inc.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

My name's Kyle, and my partner posted this logo contest here:

http://www.namepros.com/design-contests/232883-50-paypal-logo-contest.html

I'm extremely happy with the work you guys turned out, so I'm interested in holding a contest for my own personal company. The name of the company is Liquid Voltage, Inc. I'm looking for something with a blue tone to it, with a techie feel. Something clean and simple, and something that scales down nicely for business cards and letter heads.

All PSDs and fonts are required, thumbnails/full sizes are appreciated.

My business is a consulting firm, leaning towards financial investments.

The winner of the other thread is here:

ev3ta8.gif

I absolutely love this image for E.V. Investments, LLC. I want something as clean as this but going in a different direction (obviously don't want to rip off my other company's logo!).

The contest will run until Monday, September 10th at midnight PST, where I'll pick out a winner if I see one I like and pay via Paypal. I'll update the thread with my thoughts and suggestions as I see replies. Good luck!

EDIT: I may also seek web design help for a basic layout for my company's page AND my personal page, so the winner of this contest will likely hear from me with regards to a possible web design contract. :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi. You will see my entry contains two icons, one is placed with the text, the other isn't.

The reason I included the second, is because it was my original concept. A wave with the appearance of a light bulb within it...without actually drawing the light bulb. It didn't work out as well as it did on paper, which is why I haven't used it for the main entry. I included it so you could have a look, it may be that I have been staring at it for too long, and you may like it.

liquidvoltageqa2.gif

As usual, colours can be changed. I have left it plain for now, but if you would like styling added (ie a shine effect) let me know.

Thanks,

Vicki

•••
•••
My shot(s).

Concept 1: Initials L and V, the V as uppointing arrow to symbolize your clients increased success rate when consulted by your company.

Concept 2+4: A star made from both initials (same shape for both L and V).
Idea - you make your clients a star (or their money).

Concept 3: Horizontal lowercase "L" for the "liquid" part, V/arrow as in the first concept.

Full vector as always, colors etc can be changed anytime.

Sorry, but if you're not going to play by our rules..then you will not be here participating in contests.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Victoria: I like the colors, but not the logo. Seems unprofessional.

beatz: Love the font and the placement, but I don't particularly want the initials of the business to be the logo - at least as transparent as that is. The flower concept you did was excellent for E.V. Investments because of the originality - try that.

w59cb83x: I really like the second icon. Can you extrapolate for greyscale/business card images, perhaps a left-justify icon for letterheads?

Jaynesh: Awesome new updates. You're still the frontunner, I think!

vivsin: Not particularly a fan of the work, I don't care for the water drop.

yule: The color scheme is good, but I don't like the logo.

Thanks all for the entries, and keep 'em coming!

•••
Thanks for the feedback :) next update will be tomorow :) unless i get another urge to do one again now.

•••
Thanks for the comment - that's fair enough!

•••
Here are a couple of my concepts, feedback appreciated:
liquid-voltage-1.jpg

liquid-voltage-2.jpg

•••
Hi kyleb,

Here is an entry...

025e01becf.jpg

100% custom-made and vector, not sure if it is what you're looking for but thought I would show it to you :)

Feedback appreciated!

•••
•••
Borghunter: Too wavy/unprofessional.

will7: Interesting color scheme, but I am not a fan of the logo.

•••
revised:
lv1uj0.png

lv1grayhp4.png

Last edited:
•••
w59cb83x: This is a very good entry - I'll definitely consider it among one of the top entries.

•••
Any feedback on my entry?

•••
•••
•••
here's my entry:

liquid-voltage-logo-12958130590.png

styled version on top, plain on bottom

•••
Second shot.

2 concepts, each 2 versions.

First concept, version 1.

Concept: 2 waves that also can be interpreted as hands in a giving/taking or helping situation surround a coin and at the same time all elements together symbolize an eye ("focus") as well.

58b63a947f.gif

Last edited:
•••
Try this...

Hello Beatz, While I would like to win:), I also see that you have an excellent concept going. Try this, with your logo keep the circle in the middle but just put one of the blue curved lines over top then one of the orangish yellow lines underneath. I think there are possibly to many with the three over top and three over bottom but I can see something possibly working well with the one over top and one over bottom, then keep the text layered like you have it.
Just an idea:).
Sara

•••
First concept, second version.

liquidwater2sd7.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Second concept, both versions.

Concept: Again 2 waves (raising), again can also be interpreted as hands, with a lightning symbol.

liquidwater3us8.gif

Last edited:
•••
Ok.

Last edited:
•••
lovinspugs said:
Hello Beatz, While I would like to win:), I also see that you have an excellent concept going. Try this, with your logo keep the circle in the middle but just put one of the blue curved lines over top then one of the orangish yellow lines underneath. I think there are possibly to many with the three over top and three over bottom but I can see something possibly working well with the one over top and one over bottom, then keep the text layered like you have it.
Just an idea:).
Sara

Thanks for the compliment and thanks for your idea - i thought about it but to me it makes most sense just the way i did it really; for one, the 3 lines have to be 3 lines as they're supposed to symbolize hands as well as waves so that would hardly be possible with only one or two lines per wave and second, to not mix the colors within one wave/hand is better so the giving/taking aspect is more obvious as with a different color for each hand it's pretty clear the 2 hands are from 2 different persons (consultant and client).

Thanks for your efforts and thoughts !

•••
Well since they are symbolic of hands I can see how this wouldn't work then:). Good job,
Sara

Last edited:
•••
Hi. I decided to go in a different direction here, not doing a logo related to the name of the company but focusing on it's activity: consulting. So, the logo represents direction, advise and profissionalism. Tell me what you think, please. Thanks.

•••
I haven't had time to look over all the logos, but I will tomorrow when I'm in the office. Thank you all!

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back