IT.COM

domain 4 letter .com's most likely going to buy them anyways - AKYT.Com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brian masin

Established Member
Impact
do any of these stick out to you folks?and what would be your ceiling on the max bid?

AKYT.Com-
VPRG.Com-
MEQY.Com
EKBK.Com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would stick to LLLL names that are pronounceable or are at least acronyms for something

You can buy random LLLL names for $20 at the moment

•••
Hello

To be honest I think its better if you buy higher priced domain names and better quality ones. to sell on. You are more likely to get more interest from end users or domainers. If I wanted to buy them I would spend no more than $20 each for them. At the moment many are sold for a very low price. These domains are just radom letters.

•••
Where are you guys getting 4L for 20$ ?

•••
•••
You aint.
Not unless you get very lucky on ebay.

•••
3 months ago there was some deals on godaddy. Belive it or not. In Feb i bought 24 LLLL domains at $10 each. That was public auction and the seller listed above 70 domains. Started bid $10. I won 24 Domains without second bid and the rest had some bids on.

•••
Wow. These got "out of hand" pretty quickly.
3 months for a hefty profit.

Do you think in 3-6 months it will mostly be impossible to get 4L for under 100$, no matter what the letters are.

•••
Wow. These got "out of hand" pretty quickly.
3 months for a hefty profit.

Do you think in 3-6 months it will mostly be impossible to get 4L for under 100$, no matter what the letters are.
Yes. Its almost impossible now. If you want to verify follow any ebay auction of 4 letter domain. People selling non premium domains on ebay and very very few auction ending under $100.

•••
Well, prices of llll.coms changed since March 18th of 2015.
These random llll.com domains with less premium letter, where possible to buy in low $xx range,
but since the large strike of investors from China it has picked up.

Last year you could buy nnnn.com on the forum for low $x,xxx and look now its coming to $xx,xxx range.

•••
Well, prices of llll.coms changed since March 18th of 2015

Is there a particular event/policy change/legal change... that took place on that precise day ?

•••
Is there a particular event/policy change/legal change... that took place on that precise day ?
That was the date of the first appraisal
I would stick to LLLL names that are pronounceable or are at least acronyms for something

You can buy random LLLL names for $20 at the moment

•••
Good question ;) I would also like to know this...

There are plenty around if you email owners of llll.com's...I email people about other names and get lists of domains sent to me with loads of 4 letter .coms for anywhere between $15 and $30 each, not good names with crappy letter but still lll.coms, not worth buying unless they are decent or at least have some acronyms. Try emailing owners of large portfolios, one of them owned about 350 x llll.com names

A lot of these are people that own them are not necessarily on any domain forums, they are just investors from way back

Last edited:
•••
This year alone I have purchased about 20 LLLL com's for under $40 on eBay.

•••
3 months ago there was some deals on godaddy. Belive it or not. In Feb i bought 24 LLLL domains at $10 each. That was public auction and the seller listed above 70 domains. Started bid $10. I won 24 Domains without second bid and the rest had some bids on.
No second bid? Does that not mean not many are interested in random LLLL.com?

•••
No second bid? Does that not mean not many are interested in random LLLL.com?
You could be right.But as you can see Expiring auctions of 4L .com's have been decreased significantly. Which means people are not letting them expire.

•••
You could be right.But as you can see Expiring auctions of 4L .com's have been decreased significantly. Which means people are not letting them expire.
okay

•••
is true, just few months ago the llll.com increased so fast and is impossible to find a dropped 4L domain or deleted. Chinese buyers as always there and they start to do same thing with numbers and .xyz domains

•••
I can't really put a value on it. Since there's no obvious meaning to me.

•••
•••

eBay doesn't have 4l for $20 today

•••
•••
That's 2015 post and Actually i were referring to old days of 2014.

LOL I missed that part! I read it as if it were current. And naturally became concerned because I am negotiating a purchase for more than $20:)

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back