IT.COM

$4.99 .COM registrations and transfers - courtesy of AlpNames.com!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AlpNames

Established Member
AlpNames Staff
Impact
Hi all,

Your friendly neighbourhood domain registrar here, just wanting to let you all know that, for a limited time and while "stocks" last, all .COM registrations and transfers at AlpNames.com are only $4.99 - and there are no volume limits. :)

Cheers,

Team AlpNames

16298809_1869283636692662_6862285755759264418_n.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are there any restrictions/conditions for account push and registrar transfer?

We don't apply any restrictions/hidden fees etc. for transfers. As far as account push is concerned, this used to be an instantaneous and completely painless procedure, but is now subject to the new ICANN IRTP if any of the registrant emails change...we openly dislike this change, it is a real headache for customers and our support team alike. We do what we can to ease the process though.

•••
@AlpNames
Please ask LogicBoxes to add the Bulk AUTH-codes export...
It is absent in their panel and a real trouble for medium and large portfolios...

Noted - and it has been requested previously! I believe there are security concerns at play here. You could always provide us with a list of domain names and we could pull the EPP codes manually for you.

And please ask @Sedo to add you into their registrar list...
I did that a few times - zero results...

We have also asked on numerous occasions (and are completely ignored!)...LogicBoxes is on the Sedo list, but it is my understanding that they have not completed the implementation process as yet. Once they do so, we should be able to push a little harder.

Or even better: write your own panel... and be independent...

All in good time...all in good time... :)

Last edited:
•••
Hi all,

This promotion has been a roaring success, but we are now being asked to wind it down. As such, please be advised that our .COM pricing is likely to change at some point today - we do not know the exact time, just that we should expect to end the promotion on fairly short notice and increase our prices accordingly.

If you intend to register or transfer any domains in the next few hours please DOUBLE-CHECK the price you are paying.

Thanks everyone for playing so nicely! :)

•••
Hi, we do not charge customers to withdraw to PayPal. :)

PayPal is actually fairly friendly in that regard - if we process a refund (even partial), PayPal will refund the corresponding amount of their fees. We are only charged processing fees by PayPal on payments, including account top ups, but we have elected not to pass these charges on to our customers for now.

To clear up any confusion, we use Braintree (a PayPal company) for our card processing. We use PayPal for, er, PayPal. The reason we have things set up this way is that PayPal does not yet directly offer credit card processing for merchants in Gibraltar.

•••
BTW - it looks like we may have gotten away with a few more hours on the promo...ssshhhhhhhhhh...

•••
Go to the domain in question
Manage Orders -> List/Search Orders -> Then click on the name you wish to process
and there will be an overlay with a Resend email button

1sQBHfZ.png

Last edited:
•••
Just to let everyone know, a pop-up is showing on their website stating the $4.99 Sale is ending soon. I did not see the pop-up yesterday.
I'm transferring over some domains. Testing them out.

thanks
i first saw that pop up abuot 1 week ago.

•••
This may be the first time in the history of NamePros that the Official Rep for a company beat us all to noticing the end of a promo!
Disclaimer: My "Thanks" of these posts are not a thanks for ending the promo : sad :
It was fun while it lasted and I loved the bonus eleven days from the first warning it was winding down. : grin :

Thanks again for a great promo and stellar customer service @AlpNames

•••
Just do the same offer yearly twice, you will get tons of domains from domainers.

Thanks Alpnames.com

•••
Can you open $4.99 promo for one day? I need to transfer some domains .com

This made me grin, wouldn't that be amazing! There are so many of us that need that one more day, I completely missed the warning that it was coming to an end- I had about 80 names to transfer!

Hoping for a miracle and one more day!

(Thanks alpnames for offering this amazing opportunity, I will definitely be transferring in bulk if you ever do this again.)

•••
Is it normal not to receive any notification when you submit for a bulk transfer? Just wanted to make sure my order went through this weekend.

Please contact our support team and provide them with a few examples of domains included in the transfer and they will look into this for you - it may be that notifications/confirmations ended up in your junk/spam/clutter folder???

Are you able to log in to your account to check the status for yourself?

•••
@AlpNames
Any active offer/promo for .com transfer?

Thanks!

•••
is i get free 1 year renew if i transfer to alpnames ?
i mean pay $4.99 to transfer get 1yr renew

•••
•••
It's great deals, AlpNames. Thank you.

•••
yeah I just got the email for this.

pretty excited to u know transfer my domains to alpnames now.

•••
hate to be the sourpuss here. I tried to register domains over at Alpnames a while back. and there were "issues". I forget right now but it really pissed me off. it was back when Alpnames had some cheap Reg. I forget what price.

The main issue was the support. I had issues. Emailed them then waited about 2-4 days for a reply. of which the special was over.

PM Alpnames as the price of the transfer supercedes any past issues with Alpnames. but I need to be convinced. thanks.

thanks.. there is no such thing as sourposs when comes to info or plain truth.
good info for those without accounts there

the last thing I need is account on 11th registrar lol
so I gotta make sure before

for instance, @AlpNames es posted sotcks are limited, but they did not say to how much

any chance you can say that? cause once people get going at it with namepros effect factored in, 1000 transfer cap for all, may last shorter than it'll take me to open account :)

cheers

Last edited:
•••
We never like to hear of anyone having issues with our service, especially our support as we pride ourselves on offering a more personal service than many of the large, faceless registrars out there. As we are a young (but fast growing!) registrar, we are having to evolve and adapt somewhat publicly - it used to be that we could only offer support during our office hours (8.30 to 17.30 CET, Monday to Friday), we have now extended these hours and provide support 7 days a week. In the very near future, we hope to be able to offer 24/7/365 support.

Feedback is good, we love feedback. Thanks.

I can refer back via the same email I've sent and mention my account name here. as I've mentioned I missed that last Reg discount price. Wonder if you could extend that last deal price I missed for my next order. as a courtesy?

I don't mind mistakes. mistakes happen after all and it's nobody's fault but 3-5 days of no reply to a support email? Kinda casts doubt a bit on your company. imo.

Mistakes happen. solution? reward or compensate = make customer happy = customer leaves great reviews= future customer reads reviews = more business.

simple right?

surprised Alpnames didn't offer to go above and behind back when I had this issue or at least a quicker reply via email.

most people will wait how ever long it takes for a Positive end. not a wait days for a reply email that ends negatively and customer not getting what they want. it goes without saying.

Capt obvious here.

so say you have an domain reg at Alpnames?
say you sold it? and now need to transfer? and there are issues.
can you afford to wait 3-5 days for even an initial reply?

happened to me when I was just trying to reg cheap domains.

now imagine when you really need support to reply back immediately?

what if a buyer changes their mind because you took long to transfer?

This is not a good start.

closed my account.

see how that goes?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I did register some names back when they were doing 5.5 .coms and I had no problems. They have Skrill too which you can pay with which was very good too. That was all before few months. As for this offer, I am yet to try.

•••
•••
When dealing with a new registrar, it's always a good idea to test before going all in! Like trying out by transferring one or two domains only, to learn the process and find out about any quirks.

Last edited:
•••
sure I will give it another try

Hey CakeCode - I have spoken to our support team and they confirm that they have been helping you with the transfer process today. :)

The updates that ICANN made to the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy in December have added extra complexities to the transfer process that are causing headaches for quite a few people - us included! The best thing that anyone that is experiencing difficulties can do, is to contact our support team and ask for help...if they are able to help, they will!

•••
Mass transfer from multiple registrars is tedious, so far I have no issues on @AlpNames side - it's the LOSING registrars holding up the show, and I appreciate that this special will last a bit so I am not rushed and frantic - I have some from BF/CM I am days away from the 60 day mark LOL

Yes the ICANN deal is a PITA - one thing I have run into on the LOSING registrars side is if you are removing privacy before transfer, make sure whatever registrar you are using does NOT treat this as a change of registrant, so far NameSilo and NameCheap both have AUTO opt-out (they act as designated agent automatically) and name.com you have to enable the opt-out for your entire account first. GoDaddy has their stupid 60 day lock that they always had with no option to opt-out anyway. Domain/MyDomain/NetFirms/Dotster is opt-out with a check box HOWEVER I think I accidentally unchecked it when I was doing bulk change a while ago so be aware.

@CakeCode - we can edit a week in coupon sub forum so you can actually edit your post above if you like and I am glad you are getting it all sorted

@AlpNames - do you have regularly scheduled chat hours and if so could you share them here?

•••
Thanks for great promotion! I moved my domains from Namesilo with no issues.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back