IT.COM

$3000 A Day Domainer ~ OFFICIAL THREAD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This is the official discussion thread for the $3000 a Day Domainer.

Questions, comments, and feedback on their methods and how they worked or didn't work for you are welcome here in this thread.

This is not for discussion of the NamePros skin. If you have feedback on the skin or ad campaign, please use this other thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well said! Reps added
These ppl will never see my business. Ever.

Domainace said:
You are being seduced.

This concept is very popular among internet marketers right now. It goes like this:

1-The marketer offers something really valuable/useful for free- or, rather, for an active email address. After you sign up, you receive an automatic email asking for confirmation that you really did sign up. The reason for this is two-fold:

a) To make sure they don't get spam complaints from people who didn't actually sign up (as in someone else entering their email.)

b)To make sure that the email address is live. As said above, this is all about collected emails (but not for sale to a third party.)

2- The marketer send more information/useful stuff. You start to look forward to the emails. And while he's doing this he's subliminally creating
intrigue, envy desire and greed.

Oh, and since he's not yet selling anything, he's building trust.

3- Obviously the intrigue part is working. Since everybody here is talking about it. I sense a bit of envy, greed and desire bubbling up, as well.
So far, they've fallen short on trust - mostly because they are being a bit lazy. It's easy to load up a bunch of email messages to be delivered every 5 days in perpetuity while you're at the beach. It's harder to follow up and respond to forum postings.

4- If the marketers do this well, they will eventually overcome the trust issue by giving away good free info, maybe even a piece of software to help you mine names. They will post here and become your buddies who give you great stuff for free.

5-Once the above is accomplished, they start dropping hints about a brilliant, earth-shattering software/method that will make you a fabulously rich domainer. Of course, they have to limit the number of people who can be allowed to see this brilliant path to riches. Only the first lucky 100 will be allowed to see it.

6-The offer will be very time sensitive. There will be some compelling reason that you must act quickly and send your money now. This may be enforced by a timer clicking down on their website, showing you have only 24 hours to go. The timer may or may not be real. If not, then it just goes on forever. If it is real (which builds more credibility) the product will be SOLD OUT. Even if the price is $977.

7-If you see other people jumping on board, you might panic at the last minute and jump to buy. You will get a message that says:

"Sorry, we sold out in hours. You should have acted, rather than being timid....However, we can put your name on a list. We may open up ten extra spots in a week or two if people drop out or don't pay. Watch carefully for that email. We will only open the spots for 3 hours, so don't dilly-dally!"

8- Six months later you will see the same product, or a knock-off of it by the same people, on Ebay for $7.

It's all a system designed to get people excited and extract cash. I have no idea whether their final product will be any good or not. As said above, screenshots of earnings are meaningless because they are easily faked or manipulated. Likewise, testimonials (they will come later) are meaningless. They may be fake, or they may be from people who have something to gain by promoting the product.

My advice? Take all the free stuff and free info you can get. When the pitch comes, nobody's forcing you to buy.

•••
Domainace said:
You are being seduced.

This concept is very popular among internet marketers right now. It goes like this:

1-The marketer offers something really valuable/useful for free- or, rather, for an active email address. After you sign up, you receive an automatic email asking for confirmation that you really did sign up. The reason for this is two-fold:

a) To make sure they don't get spam complaints from people who didn't actually sign up (as in someone else entering their email.)

b)To make sure that the email address is live. As said above, this is all about collected emails (but not for sale to a third party.)

2- The marketer send more information/useful stuff. You start to look forward to the emails. And while he's doing this he's subliminally creating
intrigue, envy desire and greed.

Oh, and since he's not yet selling anything, he's building trust.

3- Obviously the intrigue part is working. Since everybody here is talking about it. I sense a bit of envy, greed and desire bubbling up, as well.
So far, they've fallen short on trust - mostly because they are being a bit lazy. It's easy to load up a bunch of email messages to be delivered every 5 days in perpetuity while you're at the beach. It's harder to follow up and respond to forum postings.

4- If the marketers do this well, they will eventually overcome the trust issue by giving away good free info, maybe even a piece of software to help you mine names. They will post here and become your buddies who give you great stuff for free.

5-Once the above is accomplished, they start dropping hints about a brilliant, earth-shattering software/method that will make you a fabulously rich domainer. Of course, they have to limit the number of people who can be allowed to see this brilliant path to riches. Only the first lucky 100 will be allowed to see it.

6-The offer will be very time sensitive. There will be some compelling reason that you must act quickly and send your money now. This may be enforced by a timer clicking down on their website, showing you have only 24 hours to go. The timer may or may not be real. If not, then it just goes on forever. If it is real (which builds more credibility) the product will be SOLD OUT. Even if the price is $977.

7-If you see other people jumping on board, you might panic at the last minute and jump to buy. You will get a message that says:

"Sorry, we sold out in hours. You should have acted, rather than being timid....However, we can put your name on a list. We may open up ten extra spots in a week or two if people drop out or don't pay. Watch carefully for that email. We will only open the spots for 3 hours, so don't dilly-dally!"

8- Six months later you will see the same product, or a knock-off of it by the same people, on Ebay for $7.

It's all a system designed to get people excited and extract cash. I have no idea whether their final product will be any good or not. As said above, screenshots of earnings are meaningless because they are easily faked or manipulated. Likewise, testimonials (they will come later) are meaningless. They may be fake, or they may be from people who have something to gain by promoting the product.

My advice? Take all the free stuff and free info you can get. When the pitch comes, nobody's forcing you to buy.

VERY Keen! :)
Repped.

Last edited:
•••
Brilliant description, Bill (+rep added). Many-an-entrpreneur has attempted to sucker me into those sorts of deals, but I didn't realize until reading your post that they all followed the same general formula.

The previous example that comes to mind is Joe Davison. He threw up an ad on the Domaining.com newsletter, hosted a webinar whether he provided free online business-building advice, handed out other free goodies...and then tried luring me into paying $3997 for what appeared to be a private tutoring lesson (though his rhetoric was so vague and spammy, providing no logistic information whatsoever, then I'm not even sure he was offering that). He made his program out to be incredibly selective, yet there was no application process at all. Just a $3997 payment to experience a "life-changing adventure". Given that his former OnlineBusiness.com is now a parked page, his efforts clearly bombed.

Makes me kind of miss those days when the world wide web was all about sharing free information.

•••
Domainace said:
Here's an ebook which the same guy is trying to sell for $97 (reduced from $197) on another site: http://www.cctldloophole.com/. I'm pretty sure this is the same information he has given us for free at http://www.cctldopportunity.com/ (about deregulation of Colombian domains). He uses the word "loophole" in both places.

Last edited:
•••
LMAO! ...It looks like this guy thought he could fool NamePro'ers! :lol:
He wasn't counting on how amazingly smart some people are here.

•••
The point of the guy was to sell you his CCTLD at Rick Laton's CCTLD Traffic Auction in AmsterDam June 1st 2009.

Now this could turn into negative publicity. Because he tried to seduce the Namepros members.

•••
tech4 said:
The point of the guy was to sell you his CCTLD at Rick Laton's CCTLD Traffic Auction in AmsterDam June 1st 2009.

Now this could turn into negative publicity. Because he tried to seduce the Namepros members.

WOW!

•••
SDX said:
LMAO! ...It looks like this guy thought he could fool NamePro'ers! :lol:
He wasn't counting on how amazingly smart some people are here.

But why does RJ allow this advertising? I know the power of the almighty dollar but some poor NP'er might get screwed by these guys. They aren't running a scam, no, but ya know what I mean.

•••
DubDubDubDot said:
No. I've seen way too many online companies over the past 10 years present false sales data with a client or affiliate to pump up interest in their company. This goes on *all the time* in fact.

Here is a fake Sedo screenshot I easily made multiplying their traffic & earnings x50 for one day (notice mine also has the CTR column as it appears on Sedo, theirs does not). Are you convinced that I make $170,000 a day? :D

http://i40.tinypic.com/1zz2tfa.jpg

I made it in a way that not one single pixel is out of place from the would-be genuine. When sized in proportion to the numbers on their screenshot and then blown up, theirs does not jive with the current Sedo design. One possible explanation is that it has changed since 9/08. I don't know.

I'm not trying slam anyone here. I'm just saying.... Take screenshots like a worthless grain of salt.
Also, why would he blank out the names of his domains on the second screenshot, if the stats are genuine? The domains themselves would give him credibility if they were real, because we could look at the parking pages, advertizers, Alexa rank, search volume, etc. And what would he lose by telling us 19 of his names, if they are registered by proxy? It's not his whole portfolio.

•••
Archangel said:
But why does RJ allow this advertising? I know the power of the almighty dollar but some poor NP'er might get screwed by these guys. They aren't running a scam, no, but ya know what I mean.

The info they give is meaningful but the root of it is that most np'ers see right through it and already know the methods.

•••
You guys are pretty harsh, about marketing concepts. Just because someone uses a proven marketing concept doesn't necessarily make it a scam or that the information is poor. Doesn't one of Namepros moderators, Sharon Tucci, have a site that practices some of these marketing concepts too for the lists? Aren't the lists worth the money and good solid information? Then what's the problem?

•••
Brujah said:
You guys are pretty harsh, about marketing concepts. Just because someone uses a proven marketing concept doesn't necessarily make it a scam or that the information is poor. Doesn't one of Namepros moderators, Sharon Tucci, have a site that practices some of these marketing concepts too for the lists? Aren't the lists worth the money and good solid information? Then what's the problem?

The problem? No one likes deception.

•••
Does anyone have contact details for the site? It would be interesting to invite some official response to this forum. Bido were happy to answer our questions after last week's NP skin launch. The NP admins must have a contact ;)

•••
mtford said:
Does anyone have contact details for the site? It would be interesting to invite some official response to this forum. Bido were happy to answer our questions after last week's NP skin launch. The NP admins must have a contact ;)

This $3000 guy should have the decency to address these questions in-forum...

...but chances are, we figured it all out already & there's nothing the dude has to say. Kudos again to BIDO for at LEAST answering our questions.

•••
Archangel said:
This $3000 guy should have the decency to address these questions in-forum...

...but chances are, we figured it all out already & there's nothing the dude has to say. Kudos again to BIDO for at LEAST answering our questions.

He answers his emails quickly...so I really don't see why he can't join this thread...I'm SURE he's reading it! ;)

•••
Unless you register a domain in it's native word of the corresponding TLD it may be good.

My dotCN's seem to be going nowhere soon, perhaps because they are all in english. Now a days I would reg. both english and native word to the TLD of the country.

My personal thought of the registrants of ccTLD's should only be allowed in the country you live or do business in. What is really the point of having a dotDE name unless you live in Germany. Ok so you do business online to target Germany. You'd better having your hosting on a German IP also because it is a red flag in SEO if you plan to develop.

ccTLD's as acronyms will always be a flop. I do not see the ME's going anywhere soon like the US never did and also the hype of dotWS as WorldSite. When WorldSite did not catch on mainstream it was then change to "WebSite" and still one of the biggest flops in ccTLDs. Even TV is a flop while some media companies have been brainwashed by the gurus of dotTV to spend 50k for a REG FEE for a 3 letter domain.

If you invest in ccTLD's make sure to stay away from the little island nations as their population do not warrant type-in traffic or even owning a computer for that matter ☺

One non-cc TLD that may be the best thing since dotCOM is the idea of dotNOW which just seem can't make it past the red tape at ICANN and deep pockets.

Last edited:
•••
Brujah said:

You'll notice I didn't say that it was a scam, or even that the information is poor. In fact, I am enjoying their emails and find them useful. Nothing wrong with marketing, but I did want to point out that this all a well-oiled plan for a product launch. People should know what's happening.

If these guys have something worthwhile up their sleeves, they should welcome these posts. They should be upfront about it, and open lines of communication here on NP. The fact that they don't doesn't necessarily mean their product (whatever it will be) is junk, but it doesn't inspire trust.

If this thread is derailing their marketing plans, then that's their own fault.
I've seen other marketers use Google alerts to stay on top of these things. They jump right in when their integrity is questioned. If your product is great, why wouldn't you? Only three possible reasons I can think of:

1- Their offer isn't great, and they can't defend it.
2- They're too lazy to bother.
3- This is just one of many projects they have going, and are too busy to give it any more time. (Replace "project" here with "customer" if you choose to buy.

I'm quite curious to see what the final pitch is. But there's something half-hearted about the whole thing that doesn't inspire.

Still, a great marketing lesson here, both in what they're doing right (the first vid) and what they're doing wrong (not answering in the forum, weak follow up emails).

And I don't see any reason for Namepros not to accept advertising, unless it's an obvious scam - which, as far as we know, this is not.

•••
@Domainace - you described it perfectly. The thing is, this marketing strategy works very well. Its used heavily by the likes of Stompernet and all the big marketing "gurus". looks like these guys here have done the same thing (or at least are trying).

But you're right, best to take all the freebies and move out before they "paid" stuff comes in.

•••
Rule #1: no one shares the secrets of wealth except to increase their own wealth
Rule #2 : follow rule #1

•••
Thanks for all the feedback both positive and negative.

@Domainace...Great post. I just want to be clear though that we have been very up front about our motives (read the first link after signing up) where we have CLEARLY stated:
"I do plan on releasing a product or 2 down the road but our goal right now is to inform more people about the value of ccTLDs. I will be sending you a TON of free information on the ccTLD market over the next few weeks."

Our intentions all along have been VERY forthcoming and we are not trying to hide anything or scam anybody. If you choose to read all the free info and never purchase any product from us down the road that is NO PROBLEM. Our mission will still be accomplished in raising awareness of the ccTLD marketplace. You are free to choose what to spend and what not to spend your money on.

A few things we can assure you though is that the screenshots are very real and the revenue is very real. We will respond to a few other specific comments in a few with some quick feedback.

mtford said:
Here's an ebook which the same guy is trying to sell for $97 (reduced from $197) on another site: http://www.cctldloophole.com/. I'm pretty sure this is the same information he has given us for free at http://www.cctldopportunity.com/ (about deregulation of Colombian domains). He uses the word "loophole" in both places.

Yep, you have found our first product actually. It won't be released for another 1-2 weeks or more. It actually has nothing to do with the deregulation of Colombian domains but another method that has never been mentioned on any forum/blog that we feel is very valuable and easily worth the price we will charge.*Nice detective work :)

•••
Domainace said:

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

•••
ripley said:
I am too. I was sitting here listening to their pitch imagining some massive portfolio of .ro domains. D-:

ripley.

.ro domains are goldmines. Lifetime registrations are a beautiful thing and there is gold still left in those mines. Cheers!

•••
3000aday said:
Thanks for all the feedback both positive and negative.

@Domainace...Great post. I just want to be clear though that we have been very up front about our motives (read the first link after signing up) where we have CLEARLY stated:
"I do plan on releasing a product or 2 down the road but our goal right now is to inform more people about the value of ccTLDs. I will be sending you a TON of free information on the ccTLD market over the next few weeks."

Our intentions all along have been VERY forthcoming and we are not trying to hide anything or scam anybody. If you choose to read all the free info and never purchase any product from us down the road that is NO PROBLEM. Our mission will still be accomplished in raising awareness of the ccTLD marketplace. You are free to choose what to spend and what not to spend your money on.

A few things we can assure you though is that the screenshots are very real and the revenue is very real. We will respond to a few other specific comments in a few with some quick feedback.

Yep, you have found our first product actually. It won't be released for another 1-2 weeks or more. It actually has nothing to do with the deregulation of Colombian domains but another method that has never been mentioned on any forum/blog that we feel is very valuable and easily worth the price we will charge.*Nice detective work :)

Thanks for coming by! :tu:

•••
3000aday, thanks for stopping by. I have three questions for you:

(1) How come you have enabled privacy on your 3000aday.com domain registration? Why wouldn't you want others to know who you are? Naturally, your privacy protection is raising red flags on this forum because privacy protection is a recurring theme throughout scammy websites.
(2) Why do you obscure the domain name in your portfolio within your Sedo screenshots? If you would like to demonstrate your profits are genuine, revealing the domains you own would come a long way because professionals like us could take steps towards verifying them.
(3) How come your Sedo screenshots don't look very much like Sedo? There's a discrepancy between Sedo's fonts / # of columns and the complementary elements in your display. If you would like me to elaborate on these discrepancies, I would be more than happy to.

•••
tech4 said:

To clear this post up, I will have ZERO names in Rick Latona's ccTLD auction.
Also I have NOTHING to do with Rick's Amsterdam conference but I do think
it is a very good thing in raising the awareness of the ccTLD space.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back