Dynadot

Looking into buying a 3 letter domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi everyone,

I am looking into buying a three letter domain. As you know there are no 3 letter .com's to choose from and mostly everything that is left contains numbers and are either .net, .org, .biz or .us. Ok so here is my question: Do you think it would be a good investment to buy a .biz 3 character domain that contains 1 number and 2 letters? What would the value be in general for a .biz with a number but is 3 characters long? Also another note the 3 character ".biz" domain I am looking into has recently been deleted and the .com,.net,.info,and.org have all been taken (no TM violation here). The thing is the domain IMO also makes sense with the numbers, letters and extension in the particular order. So wondering if I should fork out the $7.00 or will it be worth reg-fee. Also which extension is generally worth more, .net, .org, .biz or .us (for 3 character domains)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion/guidance,
Andrew

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Andy,

I wouldn't buy a 3 char .biz if no real meaning (>> I'd buy 1st.biz of course but not F4S.biz).

GrΓ©goire.

•••
Hey Gregoire thanks for the input, I do not intend to buy a 3 charcter domain that is random for I know it will not be worth anything. Again the domain I am interested in has meaning but also contains a number. So do you think it is still a good idea?

•••
andyy15 said:
Hey Gregoire thanks for the input, I do not intend to buy a 3 charcter domain that is random for I know it will not be worth anything. Again the domain I am interested in has meaning but also contains a number. So do you think it is still a good idea?

HI again,

If it is something like 1st.biz, I think that it could be a good idea.

PM me the name if you want, and I'll tell you what I think about it.

GrΓ©goire.

•••
I guess considering that it's only $7 to register it, it depends on your level of disposable income. Right now the average 3 character without special meaning isn't usually worth reg-fee on the resale market. That said, if it does have a special meaning, it could be worth more than the $7 it will cost.

Perhaps the greater question is what do you plan to do with the domain? If you have development plans or it's of good value to you personally, then certainly $7 isn't much to pay for your joy in having this domain. If, however, you want to reg this domain in order to sell it, do think carefully and weigh your risk level. Can you spend $7 on a chance?

Good luck,
Andrew

•••
Hi Everyone I decided to buy the 3 character domain name. It is www.4ya.biz (Business for you or For your business) I do intend to develop this website into a business to business website where wholesalers and retailers can buy and sell products. Thoughts? Suggestion? Is this a good name?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back