Dynadot

3 letter .IN and general .IN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peterstannard

Account Closed
Impact
Pondering investing in a 3 letter .IN domain. Just a few questions before I commit to buying.

General value of 3 letter .IN's? Is .IN the main India domain or do they have .COM.IN and .NET.IN like China? If yes, are these more popular than .IN?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They have .co.in and yes, they were more popular within local companies since they were released and introduced much earlier than .in
Exactly the same situation as .cn and com.cn. But as far as I know, all the .cn are taking up quickly after release in 2003(?) and lll.cn has been gone one year ago. I think same thing is happening or already happened with .in.

•••
I'm looking @ purchasing a premium LLL.in for around $1k.

With the growth in India in recent years and no doubt future growth would it be worth an investment?

•••
Have you done a little checking on certain letters you are interested in?

I regged: ODC.in just over a week ago so some are still available. :)

•••
Depending how premium the LLL.in is.
And yes for sure, investing in India will be nothing wrong:
1. India is the second fast growing coutry in the world.
2. English is official language in that coutry.
3. Populations are huge and will be the most populated country in the world by 2050 also.
But again, it depends on what keyword it is to invest 1K$ right now.
Just IMO.

Last edited:
•••
3 LLL .in

For a LLL, I would say the .in is definately the best. This would be followed, of course, the the co.in. There are still many LLL .in's left. There are 5 other extensions you can register:

.net.in
.org.in
.gen.in
.firm.in
.ind.in

See below for info on all India domain extensions.

http://www.inregistry.in/policies/

Frank

•••
There are hundreds of LLL.in still available, although the most meaningful ones are already taken. A few that I have registered recently are:

mud.in (Actually using it, not as an investment).
bpr.in (business process re-engineering, popular india outsourcing activity).
gtg.in
rdy.in
tmi.in
pvp.in

•••
i think lll.in names are getting hot

•••
.in no longer hot compare to before introduce of .eu. For my opinion, .in/.co.in may worth something, but the rest not much value.

•••
I have 3 LLL.in`s at the momen and will look for other ones to my collection in the future. But at this moment i prefer to look for good one word names like:

- quarter.in
- motion.in

i catched last week.

IMHO .IN it`s great long term investment! Reg them and wait 10 years and be rich ;)
And it`s last so large contry introducing new ccTLD extension. So it`s last chance to catch such investment!

•••
pr1pl said:
I have 3 LLL.in`s at the momen and will look for other ones to my collection in the future. But at this moment i prefer to look for good one word names like:

- quarter.in
- motion.in

i catched last week.

IMHO .IN it`s great long term investment! Reg them and wait 10 years and be rich ;)
And it`s last so large contry introducing new ccTLD extension. So it`s last chance to catch such investment!

You could be exactly right. Most of us think of a waiting a "long time", as 1-2 years. 2-10 years could be the magic trick to, as you said, make us rich!!! I hope you are right. I now have over 200 India domains. I have them all, 3 lll .in's, 3 lll .co.in's, one word .in's, one word .co.in's, and more!!

Frank

•••
Well, i think not only LLLs .in are good but also this extension can have some awesome domain hacks e.g. hack.in play.in dat.in etc ;)

•••
•••
Led Zeppel.in

For you "older" guys and gals, and maybe some younger ones who like rock music, I regged:

www.LedZeppel.in :)

Frank

•••
Nice name, now if only a .yd ccTld would come out ... I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader which band domain hack I'd love to grab with that one :)

•••
•••
knarfmusik said:
You could be exactly right. Most of us think of a waiting a "long time", as 1-2 years. 2-10 years could be the magic trick to, as you said, make us rich!!! I hope you are right. I now have over 200 India domains. I have them all, 3 lll .in's, 3 lll .co.in's, one word .in's, one word .co.in's, and more!!

Frank

I believe In bright future ;)
Most resonable thing we should do is to wait :)

There is only one problem - it`s heavily to prolongate them for those years, so now I have 25 domains.in and have to stop soon as i collect 50. Then I`ll just keep them really long time.

P.S.
And I tryed to get LedZeppelin.in! :lol:
It`s not POP music...
'Stairway to heaven' will never die ;)

•••
Just to let people know, I completed the purchase of www.lfc.in today.

IMO LFC is premium as it is an acronym for Liverpool Football Club which has a large following in India and the Far East.

•••
where is the cheapest place to go?

•••
kevmacmeh said:
where is the cheapest place to go?

I have used Namecheap, $21 pa.

•••
i have found resellers.co.in do it for $13.99

BTW, are first names good to register. I have found a very common name free :)

•••
I use two fellow Namepros members.

www.Whiz.in $12.75 for .in

dn.Resellers.co.in $13.99 for .in

Both a lot cheaper, and both excellent service

Frank

•••
I would say to register LLL.in with whiz.in

•••
Yep as frank says resellers.co.in is a good bunch hes also associated himself with my Indian domain marketplace, pratik gives 100% service and i will only promote people that do..

I often get offers on my LLL.in and LLL.co.in but the key is time!! then the value and paychecks will be nice, i as frank have around 200 names and with the offers i get now on my names i look forward to the offers i will recieve in a few years time..

Best of luck everyone

Steve

•••
yup

I've got my fingers crossed!!!!! :) :sold:

Frank

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back