NameSilo

$250 offer for Callisto dot co - shall I take it?

Labeled as offers in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by kaposzta, Feb 11, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. kaposzta

kaposzta Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi all! I've received a $250 offer via a broker from DomainAgents.com for one of my domains, Callisto dot co.
    The domain recently expired, but I managed to renew it in time :)

I've checked Angel.co, and there are dozens of early-stage startups with that name. I've found more than a dozen company when I search callisto*.co* on Google.

I've just noticed that I received a DomainAgents.com link to a negotiation page. It turns out that their original offer was $200, and $250 is already a counter offer.

What do you think, how should I respond? I have a feeling that they just want to test the waters with this $250 offer.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. jk23

jk23 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Nice name. This is the type of .co domains that sell well. I would definitely counter. GL.

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent VIP

A nice name with mythical, astronomical, as well as peope and place name significance. You probably already searched this but the .com sold for $69,500 a number of years ago but sits unused with a GoDaddy parking page. It may represent competition. I presume you plan a higher counter which I would, but I don't feel qualified to suggest a figure. Best wishes for it.
    Bob

4. ak4586

ak4586 Established Member

You should counter it I think you will get a better offer.

5. DomainNameBroker.com

DomainNameBroker.com Domain Name Broker, LLC VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

6. kaposzta

kaposzta Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks you for all the responses, I'll counter. Which approach should I choose? Ask an exact amount or a range (e.g. low four figure)? I think the maximum amount I'd go for is $1,xxx.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  7. DomainNameBroker.com

DomainNameBroker.com Domain Name Broker, LLC VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

8. Nikul Sanghvi

Nikul Sanghvi hypernames.co Gold Account

@kaposzta it depends on your personal circumstances and how much you need the cash.

If you need the sale, go low around $1500. If you're willing to push the boat out a bit further, go for $5000 and see what they come back with, but be prepared to lose the sale.

Based on a quick bit of research (and my own circumstances), I think this is an easy $3k-4k domain.

You should also set up a landing page - looks like it doesn't resolve at the moment (403 error)

Good luck :)

9. alcy

alcy Top Member VIP

I think you need exact counter price on domainagents. there are no ranges there.

usually you want to counter first offer.. if you go too high you will lose buyer. I lost a few on domainagents.. and elsehwere.. countering .co names in 4 figures.... including recent $200 offr on DA for delivr(.co)... countered 4 figures.. and then kept lowering .. even all the way to his $200.. but never heard a word from him ;)

gl

10. BaileyUK

BaileyUK Top Member VIP

I would certainly counter at around 1.5k , It's a nice Spanish sounding name and the lettering looks good, No harm in pointing out the .com sale and price (just leave the date blank) in your response.

I'm not a great fan of the .Co domain. But, I've got to admit people are using them, and in particular the younger Yanks

11. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur Gold Account

It depend.. if you hold the name for long time and you never get an offer then counter low.. if you get frequent offers then counter high.

12. Ategy.com

Ategy.com NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

I've sold a few $xxxx .co now. This one isn't bad .. but not as strong as the ones I'm used to. The good thing you have going for you however, is that it's a very specific name (either their name or the name of their exisiting company) and if they are indeed a serious inquiry, then chances are they are limited on the alternatives.

Personally I would do a first counter in the 2 and even 3k range just to be sure not to leave anything on the table .. but I wouldn't say no to anything above $1k and I'd likely even go further down than that as it's too specific a name and likely not getting serious offers very regularly. That being said .. at $200-250 you'll find yourself big time in the red overall as maintaining a .co portfolio isn't as cheap as one in .com.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: