Dynadot

20 may ICANN webinar: valuation IDN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
20 may 2010 12:00 lunch time Amsterdam time there will be an 1,5 hous ICANN webinar on IDN. I join, if you want too: mail Glen @ icann.org

I kindly asked to cover two questions in the webinar:

1) how will IDN behave in pagerankings (we are used: keyword as domain name + good SEO practices -> domain name on search page 1), now
a) everything is being translated (and car.com directly competes with 'car' in Chinese .com through automatic translations) and
b) there are more scripts and languages and therefor more competition. 'We' (IDN experts outside Icann and Microsoft) are a bit shocked by the 'going bazook' of search engines and are therefore bit frightened to register more IDN (also on behalve of clients).

2) whether the principle of 'keyword.rightextension' ending up on search page 1 (provided good links and other SEO practices on top) will still hold after search engines will have stabilised.

Any opinions very welomc!

jpblankert @ zonnet.nl

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
my guess is that local language wins out eventually (with decent content)

•••
just in case

readers do not know, that would be 6 hours ahead of US East Coast time. What a great city that is.
Enterpryzman

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back