Dynadot

opinion 1400 domain extensions to sell

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lock

FREE.MARKETINGTop Member
Impact
How much are dot com worth? Are they too much second hand.
A name of appraised value is likely to be renewed. A free valuation is offered by the same identity that sell new domains using the credibility. The appraisals of dot com keywords are helping to sell these new extensions.

We have to get with the times these extensions are here to stay but history of new extensions has enforced the dot com values. If the market place rejects these products they won't sit on the shelf rotting or expiring, gathering dust or taking up warehouse space it is the ultimate product. The industry giant wants consumers to own more names to sound larger turning sub domains into top level domains.

The release of 1400 new extensions may achieve many sales of new extensions over time. If new TLDs don't enforce the dot com values they could have reverse effects on the dot com market making it weaker. Non trade mark generic intellectual property is what is up for grabs for now with new extensions. Some domains will only be for internal use as sub domains due to possible collision occurrence. Not every extension may work in 2015.
I as end user am tempted to buy a few or these dot new extensions but not as an investor for resale.

Is the appraisal prices of the used dom com market driving the sales of these 1400 new extensions?
Is the demand for a shorter domain an important move? Can a dot new extension be appraised?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I disagree that dot com will ever lose the market share it just may not be as strong as it is today but will continue to dominate the market like any aged name. Three word dot coms might hit scrap heap but so far every attempt at marketing new extensions has failed the most successful attempt has been dot tv. I used to own domainextensions dot tld and used to push these odd extensions. Many domains of these new extensions are sold just by registry companies just sending invoices to admin departments. I strongly believe the future for these domains is with sub domains. I also believe it will be a long time before search engines will ever rank these new extensions. The market place will demand you pay more and more. The domain market actually now being scrutinized as a scam industry by many consumer watch groups mainly due to companies being invoiced for domains they don't own but sounds the same.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back