IT.COM

strategy New personal record, $500 offer 6 minutes after registration.

NameSilo
Watch

ShowMeDomains

Cancer Survivor, domain and crypto enthusiastsTop Member
Impact
Early yesterday morning I saw the news that Visa applied for a patent for a “Digital Dollar”, crypto currency for the US.

I quickly searched all of the obvious names,
Digitaldollar()com digiDollar, Digital-dollar, etc., all of which were already registered.

I decided to try adding “the” and it was taken, then i tried using two hyphens, and it just looked good to me.
(for a double hyphenated name)

so I registered it and immediately added it on Dan with a $500 min offer.

Literally 5 mins later I get an email that I’ve received an offer for $501.

(American buyer, reverse IP check came back as Amazon)

This is the 2nd time in a month or so that I’ve done this. (Posted about prior one)

*Here’s where I’m sure I’ll catch crap from quite a few on here, which is fine.

Did I accept the $501 offer, nope, countered.

Did the same thing on the other domain I got an offer in less than an hr after registering.
Has it sold, nope, but that’s fine, but I believe it will.

Over the close to 1500 domains I have listed on Dan, the prior domain that I received an offer on less than an hr after registering and posted on here about, receives the 2nd most visitors of my Dan portfolio.

My unsolicited advice: Don’t be afraid to do what you want to do, if there’s logic behind it.

I’m not the most conservative domainer.
I probably turn down a lot of offers that others would accept, but there’s reason behind it.
It’s not a pride thing or an emotional attachment, it’s based on the NEWS.

Gauging the potential impact of the news on the value of the domain and likelihood of this all panning out in favor of my domain appreciating.
Weighing if it’s just going to be a quick fad or if it’s the start of something bigger..
With the new digital revolution that is underway, I am not going to lose any sleep on my decision.

Just my .02.✌️

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think there are services that provide companies with notifications when domains including a certain range of names go up for sale on marketplaces or are registered. It still seems surprising that offer would come in so quickly, but that might help explain why some names get quick attention. Just one possibility.

VB published an article on digital dollars in general within the month, and the term is getting a lot of general discussion in the news, it seems.

There are programs created to seek out certain domains that become for sale, but these are 99.99% created by other domainers to obtain the names first.

Also, the hype behind the "digital dollar" was domainer created.

I see a ton of value in the actual term "digital dollar". But see little to no value in any obscure substrate extension of the term.

Its a shame, but the truth is, a ridiculous amount of worthless names will be regged from this thread.

Rinse, cycle, repeat....

•••
Also, the hype behind the "digital dollar" was domainer created.
I have not followed closely the sovereign digital currency movements in various countries, but those advocating for a digital dollar do not seem to me consistent with that statement.

these are 99.99% created by other domainers to obtain the names first.
Quite probably the tools are created by those from domain communities, but I think it likely corporate legal, branding, marketing and intelligence teams, and others who never invest in domains for potential sale, are among their clients (along with domain investors, analysts and writers).

I suppose registrations result from various thread topics, as unintended consequences, but at least personally let me assure you I held 0 digital dollar domains before reading this thread and still own 0. :xf.grin:

Bob

Last edited:
•••
About 6 weeks ago I hand regged a name put it for sale at BIN ,two days later it sold and I spent the money.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back