Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was buying eth and bit on coinbase.
Then i moved to litecoin.
Then i wanted to switch things set up a jaxx wallet( shape shift)
Also accounts at multiple other places inculuding https://www.quadrigacx.com/
Exchange in vancouver. I was buying on dips selling on the rise.
Fees everywhere, dont forget the taxman. Capital gains.
Once Justine figures out people are making fortunes on this stuff and not declaring it the sh!t will hit the flag
Be careful moving it around exchanges and different tokens
Everything i have is in a Jaxx wallet
Maybe not the smartest thing

•••
can anyone here recommend good alternative to coinbase to buy some base coins?

looking for credit card acceptance and hopefully no to minimal veriations.. like binance.

ty

alcy, many unfortunately need a lot of verification especially when buying by credit card.
One I like and use is this BITIT ( ref link )

•••
true.
u can only use the pairigns they give you.. so any one of those 4.. you need to hold balance.. in order to buy with.

Show attachment 78382

Ok thanks !
I now figured out how to do it. But I did not transfer enough LTC. I only transferred 0.1 LTC from Coinbase to Binance and it converts to 0.0016 BTC. The minimum on Binance to convert my currency is 0.002 BTC ..ahah

I'll have to transfer a bit more or wish BTC/LTC will go in my favor enough so its reaches 0.002

I don't want to inject more cash. All this is just to learn and understand the process.

•••
I was buying eth and bit on coinbase.
Then i moved to litecoin.
Then i wanted to switch things set up a jaxx wallet( shape shift)
Also accounts at multiple other places inculuding https://www.quadrigacx.com/
Exchange in vancouver. I was buying on dips selling on the rise.
Fees everywhere, dont forget the taxman. Capital gains.
Once Justine figures out people are making fortunes on this stuff and not declaring it the sh!t will hit the flag
Be careful moving it around exchanges and different tokens
Everything i have is in a Jaxx wallet
Maybe not the smartest thing

i think jaxx is fine.. but I am just startign out and learning like Dominic here.

so my play money is small. sadly I bought some trx when it was quite high (call it beginner error) so now I'm just chasing to recover my initial $600 investment into cryptos.. in any way I can.. but I am hoping to do it with tron eventually. luckily I also bought some ripple at 35 cents.. so that made bit of profit. all in all.. I put $600 total into cryptos andn my current folio value is $300. :) but hey.. chasing can be fun too.. its one way to learn.. I don't mind beginner errors.. its how we learn.. sometmes if we chase from start, it makes us learn more.. or in very least stick to the whole crypto thing.. caue now I don't wanna quit before I am at least back to zero lol

I am sure I'l get there eventually. never in myh life I thought id be stock trading.. and this is pretty darn close to it.

I'll stick to ntrust for now.. I do small amounts anyway... hop they are not ripping us off on CAD$ exchange???? anyone comment or uses them?

but gotta to love their no fee btc sending. :) so you buy btc there, with bank, and send to binance at no fee :)

Last edited:
•••
Ok thanks !
I now figured out how to do it. But I did not transfer enough LTC. I only transferred 0.1 LTC from Coinbase to Binance and it converts to 0.0016 BTC. The minimum on Binance to convert my currency is 0.002 BTC ..ahah

I'll have to transfer a bit more or wish BTC/LTC will go in my favor enough so its reaches 0.002

I don't want to inject more cash. All this is just to learn and understand the process.

yes true.. u still need minimums.. so put in some more play money.

you can try ntrust to avoid sending fee in btc.

this may change in future, but for now they charge no fee

unless they rip you of in can$ enough not to implement it in future
not sure
I'll have to work out the math

•••
Ok thanks !

Dominic if you keep transferring and switching coins you will lose all your money in fees and transaction fees.
maybe you don't even need an exchange but a service like coinswitch

•••
•••
yes true.. u still need minimums.. so put in some more play money.

CoinBase prevents me from making deposits over $50 CAD per week. That is perfect. It will protect me from doing stupid things. ahah

I will just transfer a bit more LTC from CoinBase to Binance and I will have the minimum BTC just to be able to convert. Not willing to put more "play money". I know I'll never see that $50 ever again I am ok with that. Its the price to learn how all that works but I don't want to start investing seriously in crypto currency.

I don't understand enough about the security and the hard wallet I would have to buy to make sure to never ever leave crypto in an online website. Nah .. too much hassle for me.

•••
It is also a hedge against the loonie falling. A coin is a coin and the more usd i can get for it, better for me
Time to go to work, make some coin
Wrong coins though:xf.frown:

•••
CoinBase prevents me from making deposits over $50 CAD per week. That is perfect. It will protect me from doing stupid things. ahah

I will just transfer a bit more LTC from CoinBase to Binance and I will have the minimum BTC just to be able to convert. Not willing to put more "play money". I know I'll never see that $50 ever again I am ok with that. Its the price to learn how all that works but I don't want to start investing seriously in crypto currency.

I don't understand enough about the security and the hard wallet I would have to buy to make sure to never ever leave crypto in an online website. Nah .. too much hassle for me.

thats one way of doing it.

but also if you keep learnign, there is some money potential there.. its not for nothing that millions do it.. binance gets like thousands new accounts per week.. lol
make that many thousands..

as for leavign money on exchanges.. especially smaller money like we do for now.. I wouldn't worry about that at all.

cheers
gl

•••
Dominic if you keep transferring and switching coins you will lose all your money in fees and transaction fees.
maybe you don't even need an exchange but a service like coinswitch

Yes I understand but I did not know Binance only accepted transaction in BTC. Otherwise I would have made my investment in BTC from the beginning.

I don't mind losing most of it in fees. I am just experiencing with a minimal amount. Just to learn and see how it works.

One thing is sure, I am already sick of receiving SMS with security codes ..ahah.

•••
Yes I understand but I did not know Binance only accepted transaction in BTC. Otherwise I would have made my investment in BTC from the beginning.

I don't mind losing most of it in fees. I am just experiencing with a minimal amount. Just to learn and see how it works.

One thing is sure, I am already sick of receiving SMS with security codes ..ahah.

u can disable sms or 2factor for now on binance.. you only need that when you do withdrawls
which I think for a while you will not do .. since you say you plan to lose all your money there ;)

•••
as for leavign money on exchanges.. especially smaller money like we do for now.. I wouldn't worry about that at all.

No I understand. Because I am just experiencing with little amount.
But with all these platforms being hacked all the time and people losing all their crypto I would not feel safe leaving like $10-$15K in assets online.

•••
No I understand. Because I am just experiencing with little amount.
But with all these platforms being hacked all the time and people losing all their crypto I would not feel safe leaving like $10-$15K in assets online.

it all depends on which exchange. some are more vulenerable than others.. some just have shittier management (thiefs)... some are maybe even "insured".. who knows.

but the important thing is.. u need not bother your mind with wallets for now if you don't want to.. and you get nice free "wallets" to work with right there on binance.. no transfer fees to worry u either

well I hope your experiment goes well.
like in domaining beginnngs, or any beginnings for that matter, expect to make some errors :)

•••
Yes I understand but I did not know Binance only accepted transaction in BTC.

You can use ETH is cheaper and faster.
I made the mistake of using BTC and I'm still waiting for the transaction to go thru.

•••
You can use ETH is cheaper and faster.
I made the mistake of using BTC and I'm still waiting for the transaction to go thru.

yes!!!!!!!! lets not forget those upto 24h btc transfer times too!

but all in all, isn't it true that cheapest to transfer is ltc? or they scale all of them anyway according to relative values.. and it kinda comes down to same thing in the end??????

seems all withrawl fees from binance high

makes you just wanna use USDT as store fiat even more I guess

•••
it all depends on which exchange. some are more vulenerable than others.. some just have sh*ttier management (thiefs)... some are maybe even "insured".. who knows.

but the important thing is.. u need not bother your mind with wallets for now if you don't want to.. and you get nice free "wallets" to work with right there on binance.. no transfer fees to worry u either

well I hope your experiment goes well.
like in domaining beginnngs, or any beginnings for that matter, expect to make some errors :)

NEVER leave your coins in any exchange for longer than a few days, it is really dangerous.
There are several secure hot wallets if one does not want to bother with cold and and hard ones

•••
NEVER leave your coins in any exchange for longer than a few days, it is really dangerous.
There are several secure hot wallets if one does not want to bother with cold and and hard ones

I agree. but for smaller amounts its not only better to leave. but probably the only thing to do.. else you get killed by transfer fees and end up with nothing :)

but hey.. how long has binannce been around? did it ever get hacked?
so collectively... while single users may not leave money there for longer time (or try no to), as one big collective lump of all binance users, money has been stored on binance since it opened til today.. as far as I know without a hack.

I guess that's one way to see it.

but I agree.. I'd not leave bigger amounts there.

•••
yes!!!!!!!! lets not forget those upto 24h btc transfer times too!

but all in all, isn't it true that cheapest to transfer is ltc? or they scale all of them anyway according to relative values.. and it kinda comes down to same thing in the end??????

seems all withrawl fees from binance high

makes you just wanna use USDT as store fiat even more I guess

24 hours? Bro I'm waiting two days already!!!! LMAO

Remember that Gdax to Binance is free people! And there are ways you can buy BTC there from what I've seen. Never tried it tho but I will if this transaction ever goes thru.

Watch the you tube video's on it.

•••
24 hours? Bro I'm waiting two days already!!!! LMAO

Remember that Gdax to Binance is free people! And there are ways you can buy BTC there from what I've seen. Never tried it tho but I will if this transaction ever goes thru.

Watch the you tube video's on it.

haghaha
i must not have looked at the date of the article which compared transfer times of eth btc ltc

•••
haghaha
i must not have looked at the date of the article which compared transfer times of eth btc ltc

I should have purchased ETH but BTC was so low that my FOMO got the best of me. Now I'm losing out on all these basement prices and My wife threatened to punch me in the face if I keep looking at my phone lol

#CryptoLivesMatter

•••
Anyone here using cobinhood?
They claim ZERO trading fees.

•••
Anyone here using cobinhood?
They claim ZERO trading fees.

its new
unproven
people losing money on it

i guess this is the difference between something like binance nad newcomers
especially when they tempt you with zero fees
you take your chances I guess

do they allow fiat deposits??? credit card??? I saw btc/usd pairing

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back