Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ouch... Well look on the bright side... You didn't buy at $0.279. :xf.grin:

I almost jumped in on TRX as well - but after reading about the project there were too many red flags for me.

i guess i wil have to hold on to it for a long time..

yes there are red flags.. but I still don't think its the kind of coin that'll sit in same like dogecoin or such.. at 1 cent.. maybe more like a 5cent bottom coin.. and then it just keeps jumping 5 cents to 30 cents few times in 2018. I'll have to catch one of those jumps.

•••
•••
I have had a change of mind, I’ll take the domains.
Anyone see this as an opportunity to buy?

•••
•••
I guess it's the India news.

•••
Ladies and gentleman, I am just sharing this post. I did NOT write it, credit goes to them .
Read it and DYOR.
27173520_1560476087367019_8796002798269322791_o.jpg

P.s
I was in a car accident 8 days ago, plz excuse my absence from this thread and forum.

•••
Ladies and gentleman, I am just sharing this post. I did NOT write it, credit goes to them .
Read it and DYOR.
Show attachment 79582

P.s
I was in a car accident 8 days ago, plz excuse my absence from this thread and forum.
Hope you're okay! Sorry to hear about the accident. Best regards

•••
Read it and DYOR.
Show attachment 79582

P.s

so the average joe wil be making easy big gains after all huh? all he has to do is buy by the ton now :)

I wish things were that simple..

•••
I have seen this movie a lot

Cryptos idea was once a virgin very pretty girl

Now it is an ugly exhausted prostitute that nobody wants

End of story

•••
Int
I have seen this movie a lot

Cryptos idea was once a virgin very pretty girl

Now it is an ugly exhausted prostitute that nobody wants

End of story
People got excited, to many gains, to quickly, the blockchain is technological change, it's a concept, it gives people with a disadvantage a leg up, fractional ownership in real estate which maybe makes home ownership a reality for some. Less of a need for lawyers, and notaries, equal access to monetary currency when you need it without lag, or fees.

This is not a one trick pony, it will take time, but when executed it will make the world a better place.

All these people trying to catch the back trend of the alt coins going 6 months back, that has always just been gambling.

•••
BTC will move up again inevitably.

Sorry to hear of SirDrago's car accident trust not too serious.

•••
Today was actually a tough day to watch BTC drop below ten then nine. But it was even tougher after I entered a large AMZN trade for extra shares beyond what I always hold of AMZN, at -26 and ended up holding to -60 lol. I was getting slaughtered but held on. Then the AH opened and it eventually roared up over 80 and I sold the extra shares. Closed at +87.

There's a lesson here, no? HODL!

Last edited:
•••
huge price drops for all alts
i guess tons people buying now

•••
huge price drops for all alts
i guess tons people buying now
Alt coins were way to fat, you can’t sustain market caps that large with simply in and out traders, this was going to go down one way or another, bitcoin is probably being manipulated by traders

At the end of the day billions sustained without any earnings or assets or regulation is simply feeding the frenzy, it couldn’t last forever

The future is bright but for the technology, traders will do what traders do best

Last edited:
•••
•••
Today watching the crypto prices feels like when the 4L.com domain market crashed.

There are still people making lots of money on these dips I suspect.

•••
I do find it interesting that, in my office, there are about 12 colleagues of mine that are "Crypto Experts". :)

I sit quietly working on my projects or my domains listening to them "expertly" re-assure each other that they are 1,000,000 percent sure of the future and that this is only a momentary dip.

It takes years to become an expert at most anything. I think true experts have a much better chance of being successful that people that really are not. It makes me laugh listening to them.

I know that if I asked a few questions of them, it would be apparent that they really know very little about cryptocurrency.

•••
I do find it interesting that, in my office, there are about 12 colleagues of mine that are "Crypto Experts". :)

I know that if I asked a few questions of them, it would be apparent that they really know very little about cryptocurrency.
To me the crypto market is even more interesting than that... I'd say the trading experts know very little about blockchain or the specific projects either.

So you have technical experts claiming to know what is going to happen in a trader's market, and the trading experts trading on things that when they don't understand what will/can happen technically speaking.

Then you have the governments moving towards action on a matter that truly don't know anything about cryptocurrency in any capacity.

From my point of view - this is completely uncharted territory because none of these 3 groups know what the other is doing or why. This is causing each group to act in their own interest which can be against another's interest or against the interest of cryptocurrency's health in general.

It is interesting to watch and participate in (though on a small scale).

Whatever happens I have my bag of popcorn open.

•••
Then you have the grandmothers and everyone else watching the news jumping in blindly which are going to be erratic in general.

Interesting stuff.... The technical and financial worlds finally collide.

•••

I sit quietly working on my projects or my domains listening to them "expertly" re-assure each other that they are 1,000,000 percent sure of the future and that this is only a momentary dip.

It takes years to become an expert at most anything. I think true experts have a much better chance of being successful that people that really are not. It makes me laugh listening to them.

To be honest the last year in this space has been amazing, you never know what then next big thing is until it’s gone. The euphoria affect within the human steam is an amazing aspect of us. You had binance get 240,000 applications in a single day, most exchanges were turning away clients, we seem to be making lower lows on rebounds, and that is healthy, the market is finding a range, there is money to be made, but you have to be very smart, and not brainwashed into any big dream, or hopes.

The main issue I have with coins is, any random one can come along next week, and make the previous one obsolete. When you do not have an asset or earning class, this makes you very vulnerable.

If I created a coin, and it went to have a billion dollar market cap, you think I wouldn’t take 20-30 million off the table, look at Charlie Lee he looks like a genious right now, we’ll he is one regardless.

•••
Then you have the grandmothers and everyone else watching the news jumping in blindly which are going to be erratic in general.

Interesting stuff.... The technical and financial worlds finally collide.
It’s not easy opening an account, and getting verified, there are still backlogs, and sending all your ids some exchanges won’t even take credit card statements as address verification.

•••
•••
Feels like btc is really under stress. I hope it doesn't break and go down much more.

•••
Here is an image of an average family who bought in at 18k
nintchdbpict000376996462.jpg

An image of a family who bought in Friday
roller-coaster-2.jpg

•••
Feels like btc is really under stress. I hope it doesn't break and go down much more.
Bitcoin is an open source platform, I am interested on what others think everytime a new fork is created, and the overall value. Going forward their might not be forked coin redistribution though also.

There is a lot of pressure on it, some peoooe state it could be more seasoned financiers pushing it down, only to ride it back up, but with these kind of things, it’s always after the fact.

I gambled on one alt coin which has a hefty market cap, ADA at 36 cents, it is back to 50 cents, but this market is hard to predict, full of traders, the hodl crowd is still in dismay, many people got sucked into tron in the 20-30 cent range, are devastated right now. You can’t get emotional with these things, we are in uncharted territory when it comes to valuations based on no real tangible assets. It is strictly gambling at this point, but money is flowing back which is a good sign.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back