Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
like I wrote else btc crashed hard a good 5 times I think last year.. so it'd be kinda stupid to think it won't happen again this year.. will it always keep recovering.. no one knows.. but the good news is.............. ahahhahhhhaa

•••
I hate to say this publicly but I'm hoping it does drop to 7k-ish I purchased more right below 9k and loaded up on Alts.
All I have is TOKEN dust in my wallets lol

•••
•••
8,888.88usd

Is that where you bought or is that your prediction?
It dropped below that 3 times so far from what I counted.
Mind you I haven't slept in 36 hours lol

•••
I think it can go as low as 6-7k and after week will recover to 8-10k

•••
Honestly dont know.
Its a lucky number for chinese so i am guessing is when they re buy.
I have $4 btc i moved it into eos and litecoin a while ago.

•••
I think it can go as low as 6-7k and after week will recover to 8-10k

I really hope so, waiting for my deposit to go thru. If it touches 7k-ish I'll throw 6 figures at it.

•••
I cannot afford to risk my hard earned money in something that goes from 19.5K to 9.5K within one month.
I wish I could. Its seems very fun to be rich and play with money as if it was nothing.

•••
I cannot afford to risk my hard earned money in something that goes from 19.5K to 9.5K within one month.
I wish I could. Its seems very fun to be rich and play with money as if it was nothing.

That's understandable, I wouldn't suggest anyone risk what they can't afford to lose. Till this morning I was trading with pure profit, then decided to throw a little extra into my account with my wife's blessing.
Keeping my fingers crossed it goes thru while everything is at a dip.

•••
I bought at 9000$ and sold at 18,000

But I do not think I buy again at 9000$ with high transaction fees

Better to buy at high prices in a bullish market than buying at lower prices in a bearish market

It is now a bearish market and impossible to know where is the bottom

•••
I think the big game player will be ETH, I have the feeling that BTC era is over but let's see..it does not take much to pump ( and dump ) with cryptocurrencies.

I prefer to join ICOs and contribute to projects I like

•••

amen to that
like I always say.. those who were smart enough (but for most it was luck) to get some btc for 1$ or $100 way back.. now have money to play with.

for rest of us.. well.. maybe we get lucky next big trend hehehee

but hey... millionaires have problems too.. they're just of a different kind hahhha

•••
I think the big game player will be ETH, I have the feeling that BTC era is over but let's see..it does not take much to pump ( and dump ) with cryptocurrencies.

some will argue eth only has value cause of ico platforms

so your always counting on something.. that is somewhere.. because of something else.

•••
some will argue eth only has value cause of ico platforms

so your always counting on something.. that is somewhere.. because of something else.

If we want to argue over things seriously then we have to say that ALL crypto have value because of fiat money; without that they are worth the string of code they are written with.

•••

I agree 100% I love ETH and IOTA
I live in the USA and we're excluded from ICO's but managed to work my way around that twice. Maybe I'll just contact you from now on ;)

•••
If we want to argue over things seriously then we have to say that ALL crypto have value because of fiat money; without that they are worth the string of code they are written with.

its funny you say this.. recently I pondered the following irony.. while watching a video of a guy on youtube waving his 100million$ bitcoin profit cheque... he was great btc lover and big fiat hater.. so I wondered.. if you hate fiat, and love btc, why is it you are nearly having heart attack trading your btc for fiat.. he was so excited he could hardly talk. and it's not that I don't understand why he was excited.. its just that he's supposed to be a fiat hater... but cashes his btc for fiat.

•••
I agree with @Dominic Belley. I thought about getting into this CryptoCraze a few times but each and every time I think- is the uncertainty, stress and mental price worth it? I keep coming to the conclusion that it isn't. At least not for me. Even if I would eventually profit or even profit considerably, investing in such a volatile market will make my life much worse. I hope everybody who's investing will make good money but ultimately nobody knows what will happen, which coin will succeed etc. so no matter how much you read or research- you can't predict the future. Maybe you'll be right, maybe you'll be wrong. Maybe you'll choose the right coin. Maybe you won't. Maybe you'll get in/out at the right time. Maybe you won't. When every little remark by someone can send your money into oblivion (even if it's temporary)- that's not a good situation to be in in my book, no matter how much money can potentially be made. If you can invest your money in CryptoCurrency and forget about it without constantly checking the news- that might be best. I'm not that kind of person so my life is definitely better without investing in it. Domains, at least until something changes, is a better investment for me- one that's yielding great profits without turning my life into a nervous wreck. Just my two cents' worth (and again, this only applies to me. To each his own).

Last edited:
•••
also.. we take world with computers and itnernet for granted.. you tell people a world without computers is still possibility one day and they think your crazy... but think cataclysms or natural disasters etc.. and suddenly no more cryptos anywhere... all gone in blink of an eye.. whereas you still may have a few paper dollars in your pocket.. or a few gold teeth.. to buy you food with hahahaha

but people don't think about this.. most think cryptos are immortal, untouchable, indestructible and will last forever :)

I'm not crypto hater.. or lover.. which is pretty much the only way to see a few bigger pictures here :)

Last edited:
•••
Investing in crypto should be with money one does not care to lose; I really believe it is the one and only way or people will lose their mind together with their savings.

Just set an amount, pick your coins or icos and go for it...it is like buying a domain

•••
also.. we take world with computers and itnernet for granted.. you tell people a world without computers is still possibility one day.. think cataclysms or natural disasters etc.. and suddenly no more cryptos anywhere... all gone in blink of an eye.. whereas you still may have a few paper dollars in your pocket.. or a few gold teeth.. to buy you food with hahahaha

but people don't think about this.. most think cryptos are immortal, untouchable, indestructible and will last forever :)

I'm not crypto hater.. or lover.. which is pretty much the only way to see a few bigger pictures here :)

I agree...ALWAYS keep real money, even better gold.

BTW..no internet = no domains too so bye bye gazillion of dollars and tears we all have spent!

•••
I agree with @Dominic Belley. I thought about getting into this CryptoCraze a few times but each and every time I think- is the uncertainty, stress and mental price worth it? I keep coming to the conclusion that it isn't. At least not for me. Even if I would eventually profit or even profit considerably, investing in such a volatile market will make my life much worse. I hope everybody who's investing will make good money but ultimately nobody knows what will happen, which coin will succeed etc. so no matter how much you read or research- you can't predict the future. Maybe you'll be right, maybe you'll be wrong. Maybe you'll choose the right coin. Maybe you won't. Maybe you'll get in/out at the right time. Maybe you won't. When every little remark by someone can send your money into oblivion (even if it's temporary)- that's not a good situation to be in in my book, no matter how much money can potentially be made. If you can invest your money in CryptoCurrency and forget about it without constantly checking the news- that might be best. I'm not that kind of person so my life is definitely better without investing in it. Domains, at least until something changes, is a better investment for me- one that's yielding great profits without turning my life into a nervous wreck. Just my two cents' worth (and again, this only applies to me. To each his own).

well said. I am exactly where you are on that.. 10$ btc train is long gone.. made a lot of teenage millionaires too .. from highschool backrow geeks .. to milionaires overnite! thats something.. but hey... good for them.

and just for the domain newbies out there.. don't forget you can still profit from crypto craze, without buying cryptocoins and just by sticking to crypto domains! :)

•••
What do you guys think about the new and improved ( upcoming ) Topcoins?

•••
@alcy Exactly. I made two crypto related sales in the last few months. That's around $6000 in the bank. Both hand regged domains. And no stress attached. Seems like a much better investment to me.

•••
What do you guys think about the new and improved ( upcoming ) Topcoins?

I believe Uniregistry is offering TPC with gTLDs, I'm going to say PASS on this one. Much better options out there with faster and stable returns.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back