Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You've got the wrong exchange...it is still at over $19,000. in some exchanges, average is $16K now.

Here is an article explaining it:
https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-soars-prices-diverge-wildly-across-exchanges/

As far as not knowing the future:

I predicted that, and it is exactly what happened.

It doesn't take a genius to know where this is headed over all. UP.

Genius huh....
Screenshot_20180116-131414.jpg

•••
Garbage at about .06 now.

how are you doing xynames in these bloody crypto days

are you still bullish on bitcoin? are you still holding?

•••
Still holding, will see a double on BTC this year.

In meantime Sir Drago continues to tout garbage like TRX, down 60% from when he pumped it.

•••
Still holding, will see a double on BTC this year.

In meantime Sir Drago continues to tout garbage like TRX, down 60% from when he pumped it.
Let's be honest most alt coins are garbage, other people are just racing to market to release their own coins, they are cut and pasting white papers, get something decent on paper, get a domain, and raise a billion dollars. Funny thing is I made money on TRX, I bought at 3.5 cents, sold at 21.5 cents.

The CEO is a 26 year old guy, who tweets everytime he hires an engineer, everyone seems to be going into the gaming space with their coin, it's a crowded market, with bloated market caps.

Sir Drago predicted XRP to $3 by end of 2017, he was dead on the money with that one. Alt coins have given some amazing returns. It is just getting crowded, and the R word is getting thrown around, so people are taking money off the table. I think ETH has been the big winner for the year. I was hoping BTC would touch on $10K, I believe it has a strong purpose going forward to play in this space, and it has the scarcity clause. I don't think it will be the go to payment coin though for micro transactions.

Last edited:
•••
i think if u had the vision or luck to buy btc for 100-1000$ some while ago
or eth for $100 then your in the driver seat now.. and for a while to come imo.
but maybe not forever. for the rest of us mere mortals, its just another boat missed and too late to the party... imo.

I mean this made a bunch of highschool nobodies sitting in the back row geeky types into millionaires ... its some crazy stuff let me tell you. well good for them.

I sold the few ripples I had at 1.4$ today with minimal profit. and sent it all to btc. plus am holding 1k tron I paid a lot for. hoping to recover at least a bit and minimze loss later on.. just started to crypto couple weeks ago.. and I hope not to loose too much on my total 600$ investment! I'm at $300 value now! I just did this for fun and to learn. obviously, 600$ is not a serious investment.

I think I prefer domaining :)

cheers all
happy investing!

•••
Let's be honest most alt coins are garbage, other people are just racing to market to release their own coins, they are cut and pasting white papers, get something decent on paper, get a domain, and raise a billion dollars. Funny thing is I made money on TRX, I bought at 3.5 cents, sold at 21.5 cents.

The CEO is a 26 year old guy, who tweets everytime he hires an engineer, everyone seems to be going into the gaming space with their coin, it's a crowded market, with bloated market caps.

Sir Drago predicted XRP to $3 by end of 2017, he was dead on the money with that one. Alt coins have given some amazing returns. It is just getting crowded, and the R word is getting thrown around, so people are taking money off the table. I think ETH has been the big winner for the year. I was hoping BTC would touch on $10K, I believe it has a strong purpose going forward to play in this space, and it has the scarcity clause. I don't think it will be the go to payment coin though for micro transactions.

1 minute ago I purchased TRX at $0.04
By the time you read this I will be in profit.
Meanwhile...

For the record I predicted ETH will hit 2k this summer.

Screenshot_20180116-164155.jpg

•••
1 minute ago I purchased TRX at $0.04
By the time you read this I will be in profit.
Meanwhile...

For the record I predicted ETH will hit 2k this summer.

Show attachment 78139

what if trx goes to -5 cents?

jk

no but seriously you coudl have waited for 1 cent.

•••

jk

no but seriously you coudl have waited for 1 cent.

I wouldn't know but I kept my word.
Screenshot_20180116-165020.jpg

•••

jk
It's down 40% today, that is very significant, this is the effect of the Chinese, and Korean interests shaking the market up, they had quite a hold. ETH under $1K again, BTC at around $10700

•••
Look at that "BUY WALL" 400/401
XRP.PNG

•••
wow
btc going under 10k!

txr under 4cent soon!
I predict trx -5 cents in 2 days.

which means tron pay you to take it.

good deal. I will bite.

Last edited:
•••
Good day to buy btc not to sell.

•••
wow
btc going under 10k!

txr under 4cent soon!
I predict trx -5 cents in 2 days.

which means tron pay you to take it.

good deal. I will bite.

Went down to $9,940
BTC.PNG

TRX @ 0.05

•••
Genius huh....

Went down to $9,940

He's on my neck like a vulture.
What do you want?

IkszF07m.jpg

If there were any doubt about that this guy was prevaricating about holding BTC, it's more than clear now. Every time it goes down he's on my neck like a vulture, crowing about how it dropped.

The fact is that dips like this are opportunities on something Quality like BTC. If I weren't already holding so much at such a low average price, I'd buy more today.

Last edited:
•••
If you took the time to see that I quoted @alcy and NOT you it would be evident that you have once AGAIN misunderstood the info posted.
I quoted alcy in response to HIS post NOT yours.... Please pay more attention and have a bless day.
you could only be wrong so many times before people start thinking you have a problem.

•••
I think it's good (BTC) at these levels if you're willing to hold for some time.

If you're just a trader, who knows.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Litecoin is really falling apart.
Litecoin (LTC)
$186.70 USD (-18.51%)

•••
Litecoin is really falling apart.
Litecoin (LTC)
$186.70 USD (-18.51%)

i think everything is right now
so this may not be ideal time to judge things on individual basis

let's do a bulk judge now.. everything sucks.

•••
If I can make a recommendation...
Lets stop "Judging" period and get together with our shopping carts because everything is on sale.
We should be sharing whats on sale on this discount Tuesday but that's only a suggestion.

•••
This happens every year in mid-January...

januarydip.png

•••
•••
How low will bitcoin how?
Some are saying between 6k to 7k..
Share your predictions plz
Photo taken 39 seconds ago.
Screenshot_20180117-084715.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back