Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
read the story of the guy who found the drive.. nice!

i love it how btc will make many new millionaires.. out of people who'd never become that otherwise... it's like making things a bit more fair.. for a few more people!

but at same time, we gotta remember many people will also loose a lot of money.. maybe go broke.. so it always works both ways with all investments really... but definitely the quicket easiest way to become millionaires.. for some.. who bought early!
But did you read the follow-up story of how he bought LTC with it at $100 then sold it at $400? ;)

•••
"Rumored" NOT confirmed.
Screenshot_20171219-193903.jpg

Major BTC players abandon BTC for BCH.

•••
"Rumored" NOT confirmed. Show attachment 75755
Major BTC players abandon BTC for BCH.
Have to do with the halting, I would assume, seems like alot of the other coins were up on the day, with a sell of towards the end of the day. Bitcoin tends to move defensive to the speculation market.

•••
Have to do with the halting, I would assume, seems like alot of the other coins were up on the day, with a sell of towards the end of the day. Bitcoin tends to move defensive to the speculation market.
Actually is being listed on Coinbase.

•••
Actually is being listed on Coinbase.
Well bitcoin selling off, bitcoin cash surging, just money moving around, trying to get a return.

•••
Well bitcoin selling off, bitcoin cash surging, just money moving around, trying to get a return.

Touched 5k and settled right under 4k for now.
Screenshot_20171219-205630.jpg

•••
This is crazy, in that I have added really only a few coins since August 1st, this drop in btc is almost offset by the gain in bch, since I have so many of both and near equal numbers. Is this the new hedge lol? BCH to hedge BTC?

Well if bch stays high after btc recoups, over all it will be very healthy for those of us who never sold our free bch.

Really the best thing to do right now, given that I'm not going to sell either, is stop tracking and concentrate on something else until the smoke clears. Has anyone seen the movie Detroit yet?

Last edited:
•••
Coinbase jacked their fee's. Was $1.99 to buy litecoin per transaction in Canadian dollars, now it is $9.59
And their listed price is higher than exchanges, and when you buy its a bit higher than that.
So to throw in 40$ you will only get $30.41 at an inflated price.
I'll still take the crypto any day, but I wont be buying it from coinbase

•••
Coinbase jacked their fee's. Was $1.99 to buy litecoin per transaction in Canadian dollars, now it is $9.59
And their listed price is higher than exchanges, and when you buy its a bit higher than that.
So to throw in 40$ you will only get $30.41 at an inflated price.
I'll still take the crypto any day, but I wont be buying it from coinbase

Coinbase is the #1 market manipulators.
We just seen with our own eyes what happened...
1. BCH trade volume crashes their site.
2. Their auto manipulation bots shut off.
3. BTC and ALL alts drop double digits.
4. They restored BTC server and like magic it goes back to its 17k average.
5. Alts rise at a slower pace.

Disgusting what just happened.

•••
Coinbase is the #1 market manipulators.
We just seen with our own eyes what happened...
1. BCH trade volume crashes their site.
2. Their auto manipulation bots shut off.
3. BTC and ALL alts drop double digits.
4. They restored BTC server and like magic it goes back to its 17k average.
5. Alts rise at a slower pace.

Disgusting what just happened.
5X the price, insanity, they can pretty much do what they want right now as so many people are flocking to them, and just keep throwing money into that platform.

•••
5X the price, insanity, they can pretty much do what they want right now as so many people are flocking to them, and just keep throwing money into that platform.

Just as many ppl saw what happened and are calling them out. Won't be surprised if legal action takes place in the near future.
Time to place your stop loss and store off line.

Don't get me wrong, I profited from this scam and even i feel dirty about it.

•••
Just as many ppl saw what happened and are calling them out. Won't be surprised if legal action takes place in the near future.
Time to place your stop loss and store off line.

Don't get me wrong, I profited from this scam and even i feel dirty about it.
I agree, they are going to end up spending their profits in litigation if they keep clowning around with people's money. Most people still have funds locked up in a backlog of verification. Thing is as soon as any type of regulation comes into the space, it will slow the pace, right now nobody cares because the % swings are amazing, 20-50% a day, unheard of.

•••
Honestly, a week and a half ago I tried to buy ETH and everyone said the backlog was too long. So my "Plan B" was to buy BCH as a work around to that but never used it. I thought to myself I just wasted 3k and regretted it ..... little did I know. I sold enough today to cover my initial investment, trading on pure profit now as all my other coins.

•••
Wow btc really crashed. It's like no one knew it was going to happen. Amazing

•••
Not crashed yet

It is only news manipulation about the bitcoin.com owner selling bTC and buying BCH then coinbase adding BCH... !!

But bitcoin is moving the whole crypto market up or down

Not sure yet if bitcoin changed direction to down trend or not yet

•••
•••
•••
If you had your in a hard wallet on August 1st you got nothing. If you had it in the secure safe online wallet I’ve been in since early 2013, you got free bitcoin cash equal to how many btc you had on August 1st. If you had as many coins as I do on that date that added up, with today’s bch price, to a massive sum. But even if you had only a little, still at today’s btc to bch price ration of about 6:1 or 5:1 you got a lot of valuable free currency.

Btc did dip briefly yesterday but even so by only a couple thousand dollars hardly a crash and already it’s back to pushing 18k. And during the time of that dip bch rose so much that the value of my wallet actually increased over all. Now that bch has come back down some but btc has gone back up my wallet’s value has stabilized at around this over all increased value.

So before you listen to anyone advocating keeping your funds only in a hard wallet consider that other forks might occur in the future giving you other bitcoin related currencies, or perhaps forks of one of the alt currencies some of you might hold, giving some other new currency, for free.

As far as safety it’s more about picking the right online wallet than blindly just keeping it in a hard wallet. There are also sometimes transfer costs if you must transfer your coins out of your hard wallet every time you wish to trade them, for those of you who trade. Not to mention that if you’re going to trade them in a time of volatility you might not even be able to get them into the wallet where all this volatility is happening in time. I keep only a little in coin base compared to what I have in my main wallet but if I’d wanted to trade that bitcoin cash pop that happened yesterday I’d have had to had my trading currency ready to go in coinbase yesterday.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Amazing!
Coinbase investigating itself, how much faith can one place on a honest result?
We need a outside and independent review of their shady business to expose the criminal acts we all saw yesterday with our own eyes.
But the police and government inspects itself all the time. Like when a police officer does something weird and the chief makes an announcement that they've "launched an investigation into the matter." No one complains cuz it's the gov, right :P.

But when coinbase does, ohhh nooo

•••
But the police and government inspects itself all the time. Like when a police officer does something weird and the chief makes an announcement that they've "launched an investigation into the matter." No one complains cuz it's the gov, right :P.

But when coinbase does, ohhh nooo

It depends on which government . people living in countries run by dictators , coinbase will look like a fair place to do the investigation

But may be for americans and Europeans , they are frauds and no transparency

It is really a relative matter , if you do not trust the dollar and people running it, all other countries should run to bitcoin like crazy

•••
What's going on right now with btc is that weaker hands are selling to stronger hands, and then after the dust settles it will be brought back up, way up. Happens all the time.

You don't sell when others are selling, that's when you should be buying.

I'm solid because of the bch (bitcoin cash) in my account it practically covers the dip in btc, but still - even if I didn't have bch I'd be buying btc here not selling.

Last edited:
•••
•••
So Ripple Broke the dollar milestone earlier today and hit a new ATH of $1.10 on bitstamp.

Ripple Strong Team Ripple

Yea If I could I I'd put 10x the money into crypto right now! Though there's that word ...budget lol

Last edited:
•••
So Ripple Broke the dollar milestone early today and hit a new ATH of $1.10 on bitstamp.

Ripple Strong Team Ripple

Yea If I could I I'd put 10x the money into crypto right now! The there's that word ...budget lol
Crypto is in a bubble. I can only wonder how long this bubble will last before an overdue correction. I mean remember that crypto industry leaders are all saying we're in for price crash. Also that there are few working crypto products. All these prices are inflated with no actual usage!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back