Dynadot

.tv 100K for a .TV domain

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I need your help. Yesterday I've received a direct enquiry for what's my best dot TV domain, Usa(.)tv
It started with a simple "how much?" and then we continued to negotiate until the offer of 100K.
I have asked a lot more since the beginning, some years ago I rejected a 75K offer and I strongly think this domain is worthed more.
I don't know anything about the buyer, just that speak a very basic english..
I need your opinion, whatever they are, from "You are an idiot if you don't accept" to suggestion on how much I should ask.
Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post but I'm becoming crazy thinking about it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is an amazing offer definitely and around this time I think you should accept it but if you are willing to wait an year or two more you might get a better offer but honestly 100k seems reasonable enough

•••
I would accept and invest in other domains. You might never get better offer, or you might get it but after 3 or 5 years. If you get $250k offer after 3 years, that is not better than taking $100k now and invest to make ROI of 3 or more which should not be a problem.

•••
Agree with mitok. Besides, .TV's future is not foolproof !?

•••
My advice would be to do your best to identify the buyer. Try to get some information out of the person. Maybe it's a stealth buyer for a major network or upcoming launch. The fact that they speak "very basic English" should be a clue. I think $100K is a fair offer for it. But I'm also a fan of not leaving money on the table and would likely counter with $125K or so. The more information you have, the stronger your position. Good luck friend!

•••
great info , can you meet personally with him ?

•••
I see it was taken on 2010-03-18 ;) I would sell and buy another handful of those premiums.. if you got nothing to lose go for 200k

•••
I'd laugh my way to the bank.

•••
accept now!!!! how much did you pay for it?

•••
In the lottery of .Tv ..........walk away a winner!
~
Good luck

•••
Firstly - congratulations. :D

Right, down to the nitty-gritty of the situation.

A buyer, possibly a proxy buyer, has approached you and made you an offer of $75k for USA(dot)tv, this has subsequently increased to $100k. I now presume you have tried to identify the prospective buyer but with little success from what you say. This would lead me personally to think they are a proxy. So what are your options, and rmember at this point it is you who has the options after all you own USA(dot)tv and they want it.

Have you checked out the major movements that are occuring in the industry? Check this article for a start (it may make you think that something really big 'could' be about to unfold):

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/12/23/market-is-still-hot-for-buying-up-local-tv-stations/

Me, myself, I would hold out, as far as the domain goes it could stand by itself if properly developed, so the asking price I would want would be more than the $100k on the table at the moment, indeed I would expect at least double that from an end user at this point in time.

Just my useless 2 penny worth of thought - and remember most people want me to give them change from that!

Congratulations on having a great domain and a prospective buyer come knocking. Unfortunately though for you now only you can make the decision. :-,

•••
It all depends on how you negotiated yourself up to 100k. I would still push it a bit if you weren't to agressive with the buyer. I believe it is a nice dot tv name. Even if you believe you can get double that amount in five years....who knows. But 100k now can get you some nice names. Personally, I have sold astrology.tv for $27,500. I was pleased with the sale and invested in new names....was bought for $450.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Guys, I need your help. Yesterday I've received a direct enquiry for what's my best dot TV domain, Usa(.)tv
It started with a simple "how much?" and then we continued to negotiate until the offer of 100K.
I have asked a lot more since the beginning, some years ago I rejected a 75K offer and I strongly think this domain is worthed more.
I don't know anything about the buyer, just that speak a very basic english..
I need your opinion, whatever they are, from "You are an idiot if you don't accept" to suggestion on how much I should ask.
Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post but I'm becoming crazy thinking about it.
------------------------------------------
I would 'guess' that it is USA network OR the buyer might have serious TM problems. IF you knew it was, WHAT would you do?

•••
Sales like this are far and few in this extension ....take the money, take the money ........etc

•••
Well Donnie, I would like to say thanks for posting and allowing the community to comment on such a great name. After, reading your posts here the last few years & watching your sales postings in .tv. This name is the cornerstone of your collection.... I believe you need to clearly think through it, only you can determine what direction to go next ...Best of Luck & Congrats!

•••
Greed is good in domaining, but too much greed is not good anywhere, neither in domaining.

Lets pretend that we don't know about this offer and that this is just another appraisal thread. Who would appraise this domain to more than low-mid $xxxxx ???

Take the money and run, or your buyer might run away without taking this domain. Use $100k to buy at least 10 much better domains.

I wish you luck with your sale, but be clever and not too much greedy ;)

•••
Really happy that you've had the offer. It's the best kind of stressful decision to have.

$100k is a LOT of money - not life changing - but still enough to give your life many different options.

I remember telling you when we met in England that I had an offer of $40-odd thousand for my similar sounding two-letter variant of the name and turning it down - then regretting the decision - only to see another offer come through the door a few years later of $70-odd thousand from a different buyer (the famous Swiss buyer if you remember him!).

I played hard ball at the time and the negotiations ended. And ever since I've wondered if I did the right thing. He really had the cash and many here did some good deals with him (including myself on another name) but I stuck to my guns and my price.

I'd like to think I made a good call and that $100k is the minimum for my name and by default for your name too.

If I recall - you told me to wait until at least $100k before getting serious - but you would want $250k if that was possible.

I think I should throw your own advice back at you. You are at $100k - it's time to think hard.

Obviously, your own circumstances make all the difference to a decision. If you could do with the money - go for it. If you don't need the cash - name your final price and leave it there.

I took a negotiation for one of my top names a little far a few months ago and it stopped at $100k.

I've since regretted not selling - but I've had other moments when I liked seeing that name was still mine.

No one can give you a decision - just advice. My first advice would be to ensure this is someone who can really make a deal. My $100k offer, when I checked him out, was a proxy who worked as a manager for the owner of some of the big .tv names already being used for Entertainment in the US - and they had their own Studios (yes, that was a clue). Maybe they were tapping me up to buy - maybe they were just after my price for some future project. I'll never know - but I do know the price I wanted - and that's all that matters.

If they are genuinely from a non-English speaking place then maybe it's this new breed of confident Chinese investor who seem to be bagging so many of the two-letter and high quality names these days.

Whatever you decide - good luck

Remember furniture.tv? You wondered about that and ended up selling for a great price. Are you happy you made that deal or would you still rather have the name? Answering that might help your decsion.

•••
If its real and you feel to accept offer.Take but also consider some % stake because tv is part of huge multimedia Billions out there.If with right investors,you are made with this name.I am sure only those who know the 'big' market out there would tell you that its worth a lot more just like having developed contents and streaming to make money.Final point is,take the money and see if you can have a % stake and if they refuse increase and dont feel bad.Long time investment is what you have right now.Think about long term with the name.

If Its USA network ,I am sure they can pay whatever you ask for.

•••
Congratulations donnied79! It sounds like a very fair offer. If you do decide to accept, it's a great sale and a great return.

•••
If you accept, you could possibly turn that $100k into $1million over the next 18 months by by reinvesting right.

•••
As far as comps go, Net.tv went for $100k and Golf.tv went for $600k.

Take the money and run.

•••
USA.org was sold $56000 in 2013.10.10

The site has a landing page:
" Hello! We’re GasPedal. We build communities.
We’re currently working on bringing USA.org into the world. Until then, here are our current projects:"

USA,tv is worth more than $100000,......probably between $150000-$250000

•••
If you accept, you could possibly turn that $100k into $1million over the next 18 months by by reinvesting right.
Is what i am thinking.

If you reject now, and lets assume you get lucky and in 2 years someone else comes along and offers you 250K for the name, wouldnt these 100K be more then that by then?

But also as others said, do your best to find out who the buyer is.

•••
I think I would take the 100K for this one

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back