Dynadot

.tv 100K for a .TV domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I need your help. Yesterday I've received a direct enquiry for what's my best dot TV domain, Usa(.)tv
It started with a simple "how much?" and then we continued to negotiate until the offer of 100K.
I have asked a lot more since the beginning, some years ago I rejected a 75K offer and I strongly think this domain is worthed more.
I don't know anything about the buyer, just that speak a very basic english..
I need your opinion, whatever they are, from "You are an idiot if you don't accept" to suggestion on how much I should ask.
Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post but I'm becoming crazy thinking about it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
take it and grow it

it=money

•••
$100k is a LOT of money - not life changing - but still enough to give your life many different options.

I agree with almost everything you wrote but this statement.
$100K is most definitely life changing unless you waste it on something.... like wines you'll never drink...

•••
•••
Take the 100K, sweet offer. Hope it all works out for you...

•••
$100k is a nice offer imho... :xf.smile:

•••
IMO take the deal and renew some of your portfolio for a few years and buy a few single word .com domains... Rinse and repeat :)

•••
USA.TV is as short as a two letter .com, plus with time, every website will become a streaming, TV station.
I believe it is worth at least 250K

•••
Take it and move on. Invest in others. You could though still try and see who this person is and invest some small change in order to find out more information.

•••
You can buy 4-5 4N .coms .......money in the bank

•••
who knows, you might be dealing with CNN or USAToday :)

•••
•••
Depends on how badly you need the money? 100k is too low in my opinion.

•••
the buyer should know that before 2010 they would need to pay to the registry 100.000 USD premium price every year, now what they pay is the final price. they could be generous and pay -some- extra for being that fortunate.

•••
I'd take money personally.
It's a good price & i'm sure you can invest some of the profits & made more money longterm.

•••
Guys, thank you very much to all of you for the suggestion and the advices. All really appreciated and interesting.
Since I wrote the post things evolved and I've been asked to "keep quiet" for some days.
I'll update next week.

•••
Just secure those $100k
Also talk to a mod to un index this thread from se

•••
•••
Donnied - Whatever the result is hope it is what you want, but really hoping to read some good news next week. :D

•••
I don't know anything about the buyer, just that speak a very basic english..

Probably the USA network using the "I has desire buying the name, many thank you," approach. In other words, they are probably feigning broken English so that you keep the price lower.

It's been done to me before. :xf.rolleyes: At least they aren't a teacher working on a school project.

Research sales strategies and walk them up to a price you want, at the end of the day money speaks clearly.

Congrats in advance.

•••
•••
Donnied,

It depends on 2 things:

1) Your financial situation
2) Can you take that money and make a better ROI elsewhere?

Personally, I have sold many .tv cheap for quick flip(I call that hitting "singles", but I won't sell UK.tv or P.tv for cheap(homerun names) Your USA.tv is a "homerun" type name, but it depends on your situation.

•••
If he offered 50k I would have said take the money...now take that 100k before he changes his mind lol

•••
•••
100K is a lot of money to potentially walk away from. Also, it IS a .tv. It's a great name for the extension though but I think you should take the money and invest to build an even stronger portfolio.

-Omar

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back