Domain Empire

.tv 100K for a .TV domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I need your help. Yesterday I've received a direct enquiry for what's my best dot TV domain, Usa(.)tv
It started with a simple "how much?" and then we continued to negotiate until the offer of 100K.
I have asked a lot more since the beginning, some years ago I rejected a 75K offer and I strongly think this domain is worthed more.
I don't know anything about the buyer, just that speak a very basic english..
I need your opinion, whatever they are, from "You are an idiot if you don't accept" to suggestion on how much I should ask.
Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post but I'm becoming crazy thinking about it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what was their 1st offer? and how big was the jump from there? how is your current financial situation?))

•••
Only 5 .tv domains were reportedly sold for 6 figures (from Namebio.com) if you can get 110,000 USD it will be the second highest .tv sale of all time, I believe it's fair ! Good luck with the sale keep us updated

•••
my first thought was

thats a brilliant domain
and much more worth then that 100K

but when I check the sales history of .tv
there are no sales in that region

but still for me an offer of 100k
means that is a serious buyer with money

and there is always room to improve
but with 100k I'd buy a lot of chineses chips for 2.2 K
and sell for 2.8 or 3.5k

that may be saver ;)

Showing 1 to 10 of 100 entries (filtered from 1,904 total entries)

Domain
Price Date Venue
golf.tv 600,000 USD 2003-02-01 Private
business.tv 100,999 USD 2010-05-06 Sedo
free.tv 100,000 USD 2003-02-01 Private
china.tv 100,000 USD 2003-02-01 Private
net.tv 100,000 USD 2003-02-01 Private
film.tv 65,000 USD 2012-04-17 Sedo
rt.tv 62,500 USD 2009-02-11 Private
jeu.tv 50,000 USD 2012-04-11 MostWantedDomains
web.tv 45,000 USD 2011-01-21 Sedo
learn.tv 41,000 USD 2010-05-06 Sedo

•••
keep in mind:

namebio is not complete data
some sales are simply not published

•••
Wow! Congrats!!

Take the money and run.

•••
Great news. Also a real confidence boost for Western keyword .tv names.

•••
Since I do not know your financial situation and your goals, I can't give you an optimal advice.
Also I don't know 'how much' 100K is for you.
At the end, no other than you can decide - because no one than you knows really what you really want.
But you can let us know then your decision and the reason/s for it if you like - it would be interesting.

Last edited:
•••

I think that sums it up best

Last edited:
•••
Take money and invest in NNN.com, NNNNA.com and NNNNN.com

•••
Ive heard that if you sell a domain for over 100k your penis will grow by an average of 2 inchs, but thats just hear-say. Good luck and enjoy spending that moolar my friend.

•••
@donnied79

That is great domain and a great match. I am sure the buyer is a huge company and if I were you I would try to do what the seller of Uber.com did when he sold the domain to Uber. He sold it for 2% of the company which made him $1Mil when they bought him out later on. 2% of Uber now is worth over $1Bil.:rolleyes:

Best of luck!

•••
•••
Donnie,

We all have sold our domains for too low before and depending on our ROI, and our financial needs at that time we justify the sale at that time. That is all that matters not what others think.

Dot tv inquiries and sales have been incredibly active this year for me. I think people are finally starting to see the true values of this very short and most memorable videocentric tld.

100k is exactly what you think it is. It is either too little or just right but to many corporations and/or big investors, 100k is just peanuts to them.

USA is one of the best 3L.tvs out there.

Do what your gut says. You and your sales have always been an inspiration to the dot tv community and i am sure that will stay the same for years to come.

Take Care and Happy Holidays Donnie,
Vito

•••
@donnied79

That is great domain and a great match. I am sure the buyer is a huge company and if I were you I would try to do what the seller of Uber.com did when he sold the domain to Uber. He sold it for 2% of the company which made him $1Mil when they bought him out later on. 2% of Uber now is worth over $1Bil.:rolleyes:

Best of luck!

Best advice I've heard so far!

Too many times we're only thinking about negotiating for cash and not about some type of equity stake in the company that's wanting to buy the domain. You could always come back and say that you might consider 100k plus some type of equity stake in their company/start-up, depending on the company/startup.

That might allow you to actually push the 100k mark (i.e. 100k cash + stock).

If memory serves me correctly, Rick Schwartz is mostly interested in doing deals that involve some type of equity stake in the company. Because he knows that you'll stand to make more money in the long term. But like anything, the stock might turn out to be garbage, but you never know!

Good Luck!

•••

Too many times we're only thinking about negotiating for cash and not about some type of equity stake in the company that's wanting to buy the domain. You could always come back and say that you might consider 100k plus some type of equity stake in their company/start-up, depending on the company/startup.

That might allow you to actually push the 100k mark (i.e. 100k cash + stock).

If memory serves me correctly, Rick Schwartz is mostly interested in doing deals that involve some type of equity stake in the company. Because he knows that you'll stand to make more money in the long term. But like anything, the stock might turn out to be garbage, but you never know!

Good Luck!

I couldn't have said it any better!

•••
sounds like good roi.
I'd take the 100k and reinvest.
then keep flipping
that'll probably make you more money and faster than waiting for better offers on this one.

imo

•••

Too many people assume you'll be picking up an equity stake in Facebook and Uber and not that company you've never heard of.
The equity stake will always be based on some valuation from other funding rounds ... you're not likely to find investors who are willing to give away much equity anyway unless they're totally cash poor and I find it hard to believe they would start at $100K.

It also assumes two things. Firstly that you know who you are dealing with and that they aren't large (an existing large company isn't going to give you any equity are they) and secondly, it assumes you aren't dealing with someone who's simply a middle man hired for the express purpose of getting a name. Every time I get approached in this space it's too some middle man that turns around and sells it within a few weeks. I'm about to start asking for a right to repurchase at X price prior to their being allowed to resell!

If it's going to be done it has to be as pchip says - a bonus "risk investment" rather than part of the true value proposition. Better off asking for future considerations, imho. $100K plus a top up in 1 year, 2 year ....or something

•••
Since I do not know your financial situation and your goals, I can't give you an optimal advice.
Also I don't know 'how much' 100K is for you.
At the end, no other than you can decide - because no one than you knows really what you really want.

But you can let us know then your decision and the reason/s for it if you like - it would be interesting.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/usa-tv-sold-for-125k.905564

https://www.namepros.com/blog/a-six-figure-tv-deal-is-revealed-at-namepros.905568/#post-5206021

•••
Guys, I need your help. Yesterday I've received a direct enquiry for what's my best dot TV domain, Usa(.)tv
It started with a simple "how much?" and then we continued to negotiate until the offer of 100K.
I have asked a lot more since the beginning, some years ago I rejected a 75K offer and I strongly think this domain is worthed more.
I don't know anything about the buyer, just that speak a very basic english..
I need your opinion, whatever they are, from "You are an idiot if you don't accept" to suggestion on how much I should ask.
Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post but I'm becoming crazy thinking about it.
Simon Cowell speaks very basic English apparently lol?

•••
Depends on how badly you need the money? 100k is too low in my opinion.
I think this is the most sound advice in here. Do you need the money? If so then sell, if not I would keep it. This is a good domain imo. I would try pushing for 125k if you want to sell now.

•••
*serious face*

Take the money...........dot TV is a shit extension. be glad you're at 100k and not 10k. you'll never have this opportunity with a dot TV domain again...trust me. It's a blessing from the gods.

•••
I think this is the most sound advice in here. Do you need the money? If so then sell, if not I would keep it. This is a good domain imo. I would try pushing for 125k if you want to sell now.
*serious face*

Take the money...........dot TV is a sh*t extension. be glad you're at 100k and not 10k. you'll never have this opportunity with a dot TV domain again...trust me. It's a blessing from the gods.

The deal is done already ;)

https://www.namepros.com/threads/usa-tv-sold-for-125k.905564
https://www.namepros.com/blog/a-six-figure-tv-deal-is-revealed-at-namepros.905568/#post-5206021

•••
Their is another thread, He sold it for 125k.

•••
Too many people assume you'll be picking up an equity stake in Facebook and Uber and not that company you've never heard of
I guess we now know who the buyer was. Goes to show, you never know who's at the end of the other line.

But like anything, you have to be willing to turn down large offers to get larger offers, obviously blowing the deal completely. Something I don't think most of us could do.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back