Dynadot

question 1&1 expired domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
There is a .COM domain I want to be able to hand reg when it drops that was regged though 1&1 through it's previous owner.

Then domain expired on 12-3-2015. As of today, almost 2 full moths after expiration date, the domain does not resolve to a website or host or parking page yet it is still showing in whois as having been regged at 1&1 but has no reg owner contact info or privacy info anymore.

So when on earth is this domain going to finally drop and be available for hand reg... tomorrow (2 full months from the date of expiration)?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some registrars do not update renewals on the web, I seem to recall 1&1 having trouble with outdated info for whois.

•••
Thanks for the reply. I thought no one was going to reply lol.

Just a clarification, whois info shows that the domain expiration date is 12/3/2015, yet it's still in "redemption period".

So that's basically my point. I thought by now it would have dropped and be available for hand reg. It's been 64 days since date of expiration. How many days past expiration date will it drop assuming no one backorders or drop-catches it or whatever?

•••
•••
Thanks, I've seen a ton of those diagrams over the last few weeks. They all claim different lengths of time, depending on registrar, blogger, "expert", etc. Which is why I was asking specifically about 1&1.

At any rate, best just to keep checking on it, I guess. Not worth paying for BO or DC service, but I would like to have it if I can.

•••
I've bought some and I believe that it's 80 days till it drops and is available for hand reg. I haven't bought one that was at 1&1 previously for a couple months but it was 80 days (if I remember correctly. I'm old) as of last year.

Cheers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back