Dynadot

.us Your sincer oppinion about the .us Market

Spaceship
Watch
Your sincere opinion about the .us market

What do you think, why is the .us domainmarket so slow? Do you see any future for dot US ? I don´t understand why the US companies don´t realise how important is to have with .com also this us. extension. Look at Germany for ex. with .de they are satisfied.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think and hope it takes time. It is hard to understand. In many ways .us sounds better than .com especially if your market is in US.

One thing why it probably has not picked up is the fact that lot of names or registered not for developing, but for hope they can be sold in the future.

If we'd see good sites developed under .us it would definetely help.

Lets face it Americans are patriotic, it could be used also on the Internet.
But for some reason it can not be seen with the .us

•••
Title... spellcheck?

US companies don't only want to make money in the US. Everyone knows .com and people stick with things they know. Hence why no up and coming fast food restaurant (.us) would ever beat McDonalds (.com) or Burger King (.net)...The only thing the new guy can hope for is to at least get a small following. I think that is the reason .us is still a semi good buy.

•••
The wholesale .us market is down now, but I believe demand on the end user market continues to rise.

I've had two decent sales on .us domains this year, which have resulted in a profit margins of ~1,100% and 60,000%. Now try swinging those types of returns with .com domains... good luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back