NameSilo

Your opinion on NameCheap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Are NameCheap worth moving to

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    92.9%
  • No!

vote
    7.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Hey.

I currently use RegisterFly to buy domains with paypal ( $9.99 ) besides the price i have had no problems with them but i came across namecheap that has paypal support and $8.88 .com's. Just wanted to know if they are worth moving to from registerfly or if theres a better one that accepts paypal.

Thanks
James

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
domain site offers 7.77 regs and accepts paypal service is a bit below avg but its cheap

•••
I could not promote NameCheap more :)

I had no problems with them for many many many months...then, once, they had a DB crash. They restored a previous DB and i lost $35 and 2 domain regs. The owner was out in Rome at the time, and for 3 days people panicked a little.

Well, Rick (the boss) came onto NP's. Posted what had happened and resolved it very promptly.

Money restored, domains reged and placed into my account and I have over 110 domains with them.

Just my 2 cents worth :)

Matt

•••
Thanks to the info SY4 i might as well try them out

•••
I used to use them, had a number of technical and billing issues(which they eventually resolved) but it removed my faith in them. I use mainly RegisterFly for registrations and have been very pleased. BTW they also take paypal as well

•••
I found that NameCheap where great for me. I used them for nearly 2 years, and then I suddenly had some trouble trying to register a certain domain. It got sorted the next day.

The next domain I registered, I had yet again, the same trouble. That was also fixed the next day. Since then, I've heard that some people have been having the same trouble as I did with NameCheap.

Made me curious. I've just used GoDaddy for my last few registrations.

Apart from the registration trouble, I must admit, their service has been real good for me, and I've been very happy with it.

•••
i just want to add that their service is good and visual interface is very friendly, great

•••
If it wasn't for the fact that I have a cheaper deal elsewhere I would use namecheap for everything. Their customer service is superb and I still have a lot of domains with them. They are right up there as far as I am concerned.

I like also the 8.88 wthout having to have a specific amount in my account - I can just pay as I go.

•••
I havent really purchased any domains from NameCheap, however I have had pushes into my account so I'm fine with that. From what I hear from others I would say that NameCheap is a pretty good service.

•••
I love NameCheap. When I got started I used GoDaddy, but it was a hassle to use credit cards as I didnt have one at the time. So I found NameCheap and since I was conducting business online using PayPal, it became so much more convenient.

Plus (at the time) they were cheaper than GoDaddy.

•••
Namecheap is a fav of mine. I like Registerfly as well.

ST

•••
RegisterFly is alright in terms of prices and etc but previously I had some problems with the support that they gave me which then later on gave me the impression not to purchase from them. It also took me a long time to get a refund back.

•••
I used to like namecheap but lately they have been a bit shaky. Now I use hellodomains.net they accept paypal and its 8.77 so its 11 cents cheaper. The owner also pushes names I reg with them to my regular enom account so if you want this set up where he can push your name to your regular enom account and still pay with paypal let me know and I will help set you up.

•••
It appears namecheap just like registerfly, is a major reseller for enom?

I recently purchased and then transferred a domain from namecheap to another registrar and am still getting renewal notices from namecheap. Other than that I don't have much experience with them. I have used registerfly extensively, but not exclusively.

•••
Their support is the best i've seen. :)

•••
Thanks for the comments everyone, looks like ill try them out

•••
There good, but there are alot of others and some that ill coming in with lower prices accepting paypal.

•••
Originally posted by d0mainguru
There good, but there are alot of others and some that ill coming in with lower prices accepting paypal.

Cheaper is not always better. I will gladly pack a buck or two more for better service and management

•••
I have domains at both RegisterFly and NameCheap. I have no complaints with either. All businesses will have troubles from time to time. What makes a good or bad company is how well they resolve these problems.

•••
NameCheap is a great company

however, features and support are better at moniker.com

First, I used namecheap.com
Then, enom.com
Now, moniker.com

moniker.com has great prices for decent volume customers (if you speak with support/management), INCREDIBLE support, the best security in the biz.

For low volume: namecheap.com
For high volume: moniker.com

my 2 cents

•••
Good points and agreed Jordan :)

•••
NameCheap gets a thumbs-up from me. They've been great and they have a great interface. I like the pie chart the best!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back