IT.COM

discuss Your HAND REGD & DROPPED DOMAINS success stories!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you think expired, dropped, closeout domains are profitable?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Hi all

the purpose of this thread, as the title says, is to share with each other our hand regd and dropped domains success stories.

We debated a gazillion times about the viability and the profitability of the expired domains and I think it will be useful for everyone ( especially for those who are new in this industry ) to see how many of us made some money by selling a domain that we hand registered or that was a dropped.

I ask you not to be cryptic though, so please say what the name/s was/were ( maybe hide some characters if you need to ), if it/they was/were hand regd, a dropped, GD closeout etc and the selling price.

I really look forward to seeing your success stories guys & gals
!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

Sara

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm recently I sold the following, both were hand regged from drops and both with $0.99 coupons (bothe .com)

FreeZipper - $700

Aftia - $2095

Likely the best hang regs i still have are:

FreePromoCodes.com
OptimizeSecurity.com

Last edited:
•••
Well done @JudgeMind and thanks for starting the dance....

•••
sold keyword+forex.com for $1500, reg from a drop domain (expired domains) reg for $1.99 sold after 4 months of reg

•••
Some Examples:

S e c u r e P r i v a t e C l o u d dot com, purchased for $14 as a Godaddy expired domain, sold for $7,000

I c e C a s i n o dot com, purchased for $12 as a dynadot expired domain, sold for $5,000

H e a l t h T N dot com, hand reg'd for $ 2, and sold for $2,200 ( also sold this buyer He a l t h TX dot com for $2,000, purchased for $14 via expired godaddy )

D s g n s dot com, purchased as Godaddy expired for $14, sold for $3,000

P J S t o r e dot com, a drop picked up on pheenix for $18.95 and sold for $4,388

D o n a t e C o r d B l o o d dot org, hand reg'd for $5, and sold for $2,000

So where are yours, Sara? :)

•••
•••
Some Examples:

S e c u r e P r i v a t e C l o u d dot com, purchased for $14 as a Godaddy expired domain, sold for $7,000

I c e C a s i n o dot com, purchased for $12 as a dynadot expired domain, sold for $5,000

H e a l t h T N dot com, hand reg'd for $ 2, and sold for $2,200 ( also sold this buyer He a l t h TX dot com for $2,000, purchased for $14 via expired godaddy )

D s g n s dot com, purchased as Godaddy expired for $14, sold for $3,000

P J S t o r e dot com, a drop picked up on pheenix for $18.95 and sold for $4,388

D o n a t e C o r d B l o o d dot org, hand reg'd for $5, and sold for $2,000

So where are yours, Sara? :)
KICK ASS! I saw the auction at Flippa and it got me a hint.

•••
KICK ASS! I saw the auction at Flippa and it got me a hint.

I'm not sure what you mean. I've never put anything up for auction on Flippa. Did you intend to reply to someone else?

•••
I'm not sure what you mean. I've never put anything up for auction on Flippa. Did you intend to reply to someone else?
sorry, may be I mistook you for someone else cos I saw some cloud domains sold on flippa. so how did you sell your cloud domains? when did you acquire the name? did you email end users or they came to you?

•••
WOW dico!!! That was effing gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

So far

Over Edit hand regd and sold for 400$

Yum Tum bought at GD closeouts and sold for 1500

Fab Wealth hand regd and sold for 2500

Tek** ( sorry but I have to ) hand regd and sold for 700

then many more in the xx-xxx which I don't remember.

•••
i bought americanbigdata with 2.17 coupon and sold it a year after that for $3000
also maxiskirts bought for $23 expired auction and sold for $3000 six months after that
Many other smaller sales with $10-$15 bought dropped domains sold in the $350-$700 range- for examlpe bizquip.com. geospace.net, firm.biz , nationalmailservices.com, yxxl.com, usaresale.com etc etc

Of course they are profitable.

•••
sorry, may be I mistook you for someone else cos I saw some cloud domains sold on flippa. so how did you sell your cloud domains? when did you acquire the name? did you email end users or they came to you?

To be perfectly honest, I totally bungled my way into a sale with respect to that cloud domain. When I first found it, I saw $ signs because the domain was a perfect match for offerings by some big players ( eg Unisys ). So I sent out a mailing to a dozen large corporations and waited for the money to come pouring in, but I got a big 0 instead. I then sent out a second mailing to a bunch of mid sized companies, but the results were the same: zippo. Feeling disheartened, I listed it as a GD premium in the low $2k range which also yielded nothing. Eventually the domain expired and I was struggling to decide whether to renew it or not. By the time I made a decision to keep it, I would have had to pay GD an $80 penalty to hang on to it, so I just moved it elsewhere. The problem is that I totally forgot to relist it for sale after moving it. I even forgot to change the nameservers, so the domain was pointing nowhere. A month later I got an email from the buyer who had looked up my whois info and when I saw that the email was coming from a company with a strong 2 character dot com, I figured they must have deep pockets so the price immediately went up to $10k. They countered with $7k, to which I hemmed and hawed a bit before finally accepting. Essentially, this was a case where my incompetence paid off. :)

•••
Any more success stories? Come on guys

•••
Sold a name a couple of day back for $1575.

Hand registered it for $1.17 on 26th August.

Have sold many hand registrations, in xxx range. And a couple in xxxx.

•••
•••
I sold 3 hand registered domains this year for a total of $3,500. All 3 of them bradables.

•••
Just sold a 2.5 yr old POS new technology .com for $1200. Was a nice Christmas present.

•••
Well done! Christmas deals are the best ones!

•••
•••
Literally every domain i have sold or parked and make revenue off has been purchased with a discount code and for no more than $2.95 lol

•••
Lots of good success stories in here. I've had a number of great closeout and expired domain sales, most in the mid-high $XXX range.

•••
I am so glad that people are beginning to share their stories; let's keep this thread alive and happy!

•••
Okay, its been a long time I ever dropped a sales report. I picked up name for $102 at godaddy expiring auction and sold it for $1500

•••
I have sold over $10k this year in hand regged domains, all in one niche.

•••
I give a christmas deal this week and sold a brandable "hand reg" for 900$.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back