Dynadot

Your domain = Virtual real estate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I don't like term domain parking - when I park the car, pigeons sh*t on it. Plus it sounds like if you stupidly bought a domain, don't have time for it and need at least not to lose it.

I prefer virtual real estate when you buy the domain on purpose to monetize it with some automated solution.

Do you buy many of the domain with sole purpose of turning them into virtual real estate with passive income? What is the % from the overall number of domains you have? Have you been buying more domain for virtual real estate or quit this idea and take less now.

Please help me with your feedback, it's important for one project.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ive found that most people seem to be buying for the purpose of "parking" (even though you dont like the term, get used to it) There is money to be made in this industry doing that. However I have focused on buying and reselling, this has also proven to be very profitable. If you can track down a valuable domain name and buy it for cheap, your resale oppertunity is very good. I have only recently (in the last few months) focused on building a parking portfolio. I will continue to build both aspects for my business's growth.

•••
if you only park it, then it is the same as you collect stamps, some day you may make some money by selling it.

If you develop it, then you are printing money...

•••
Just one thing CTR%, although there are many pages out there to be bought the main stream investor community is taking a good hard look at domaining; and are buying out most for long term investor sollutions. The few, almost a mutual fund sort will own most of the decent revenue generating domains just by sheer investment prowess and capital. Soon creating a full service webpage may be the only way to generate a decent revenue stream.

•••
Here is my 2 cents... if you domain is able to make more than two cents a day average, you are on your profit side. That's how I pick my domain names... I reg' them, park them and try to sell them...

•••
number of domain in portfolio

how many domain have you in portfolio ?
I have 1500 (info)
with parking I get 5 dollars a day !

•••
My math says that $5/day doesn't approach paying the renewal fees on the portfolio. Even if you value the portfolio at 60 months earnings, that's only $9000.

What are you seeing that I'm not?

S

•••
Maybe that is an average value domain/day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back